Country
China
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
vs 7-12

7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.

NO PLACE TO HIDE

In the bible, there are many people who sought to hide from God, Adam and Eve come to mind.

But this passage reminds me, especially of Jonah, he tried and failed to run from God.

I wonder if Jonah was reciting this psalm as he was in the belly of the whale.

He was after all dwelling in the uttermost parts of the sea, he had literally taken the wings of the morning and surely the darkness was covering him.

I loved the play hide and seek, when I was young, I often thought the place I hid would never be found, but sure enough I was found.

Likewise with Jonah and with us, we cannot hide from God, in the earlier verses we saw, we can't hide any of our thoughts from God, neither can we hide ourselves from God.

If you are hiding from God, don't, he will find you. If you are trying to resist God by running from him.. don't.

Don't run from his call to service and especially don't run from his call to salvation.

Amen

Keith

vs 6

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.

ITS ABOVE MY HEAD

We think that we know everything, man thinks he has all the knowledge, when in fact, he knows nothing.

To a believer the verses 1-12, can be summed up in this verse.

All the facts about Gd, it is too much for me to comprehend, to understand. We can and will never get our head around it, but it is a reality, because we know the one, who knows us completely.

Even though it is beyond our understanding, we still trust God, even though we can't see him or understand his ways, that is true faith.

The knowledge of God is above me, it is beyond my comprehension, but I know that I can trust him, although I can't fully understand.

One day, we will see clearly, we will see him face to face, we will not be seeing through a glass darkly.

The knowledge and fear of God truly is the beginning of knowledge.. true knowledge.

God bless you
KK

Please be blessed by the following links to pray for China and listen the sermons

Soak in scripture

ENGLISH

John 21:15-17

J. C. Ryle | Gospel of John

Grace Audio Treasures

sermonaudio.com/sermon/11212264255176

CHINESE/ENGLISH

基督的福音

Paul Washer | The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Chinese
Christ Gospel Church

sermonaudio.com/sermon/411121561610