✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
I do not think it s right to hate anyone, but who are the Jews. Would Jesus declare an unbelieving Jew to be a a Jew.
Jesus had harsh words for Jews who rejected Him. He stated their father was satan.

Does this legitimise the hatred of Jews?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Does this legitimise the hatred of Jews?
-
As i stated it is not right for any believer to hate any human. As for nonbelievers they will do as they may, which according to The Bible will be the hating of the Jews.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
For simply being Jews? No. Absolutely not, as strictly speaking, one's identity as a Jew has to do with their maternal line, which of course no one has any control over in the first place. It is absolutely right for Christians to point out the non-salvific nature of Judaism as a religion, however, as well as to criticize the political maneuvering of the secular state of Israel, even as these two things often get conflated with antisemitism by people who seem to not like thinking very much.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Is it ever righteous for believers to hate the Jews?
No. And I hope believers do not do that.

The rise in antisemitism is shocking and horrid.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now we know that God hates...

Yet we seem to agree it is not 'Godly' to hate.

Yet Lot was in anguish about the sin around him.

So some of Gods attributes are not for us to mimic, but to feel His heart of anguish.

So we see currently an outpouring of Hatred for the Jews - much more than any other race on earth.

It is to be seen that this human response is easily triggered particularly by political ideology.

However we see no hatred of the Romans by believers, and their political ideology was ruthless.

So let us be peacemakers, not contributing to the divide that is splitting relationships, and play into the Devils hands.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it ever righteous for believers to hate the Jews?
Not collectively.
(If an individual is criminal and shooting at me, I reserve the right to duck...!
full
)

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
43 "You have heard that it was said,`You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 "And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? 48 "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. (Matt. 5:43-48 NKJ)

8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom. 9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions1." (Heb. 1:8-9 NKJ)

34 Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. 35 "But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him (acceptable/pleasing to Him). (Acts 10:34-35 NKJ)

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Jesus never said to hate anyone, but to love.

What would better communicate that love, to teach them about Christ or donate them weapons of war?

Maybe Israel do need more weapons for defense and I do understand that "offense can be the best defense". But unfortunately, their policies in warfare with indiscriminate bombing and even killing Christians from collateral is making everyone hate them.

By donating them more weapons and they kept on doing indiscriminate attacks, we might end up fueling other people's hatred for Israel. Ironic, isn't it?

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Folks need to start understanding that being a Jew does not necessarily make them an Israeli. Only 41% of the world's Jewish population live in the modern state of Israel.

Same thing happens in hatred for Arabs in this country. Being an Arab does not make one a sympathizer of Hamas, Hezbollah, etc.....

• Agree
Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems the focus should not be on human beings at all but on righteousness and godliness. Romans 1 essentially says God sees a human mind that does not value having Him in knowledge as having no value. This is in line with Jesus Christ loving righteousness and hating lawlessness. But these things are really in the mentality first and foremost. Impartiality in essence looks beyond the person no matter the race. We tend to get locked-in on the flesh. But we also should recognize that at some point entire peoples/cultures/races can become so lawless (God's law and standards) and unrighteous, that God had some of them wiped off the map. But the judgment was still the hatred for lawlessness and the wisdom to know when the culture/race was irredeemable.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

So some of Gods attributes are not for us to mimic, but to feel His heart of anguish.

So we see currently an outpouring of Hatred for the Jews - much more than any other race on earth.

It is to be seen that this human response is easily triggered particularly by political ideology.

However we see no hatred of the Romans by believers, and their political ideology was ruthless.

So let us be peacemakers, not contributing to the divide that is splitting relationships, and play into the Devils hands.
-
What area of The Bible are you using to say We know God hates

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
He hates sin but not the sinner
OK to hate sin but not the sinner.
Even with him we couldn't say he hated the people but rather the sin.
I don't know, maybe you do and maybe you don't. Who get's to decide if a person is hating merely because they might disagree with any particular ethenic group.
Are you talking about in our current day or in the days of the early church? Even back then as it pertains to Christians everyone is at a different level of spiritual growth and maturity. I can't believe everyone was so perfected in their spirits in things of love just like we can't expect of it in our day.
Totally agree. Defining individuals are actually hating another though can be a tricky thing. I don't follow all the goings on of the Middle East. If I did and came of the opinion I don't agree with the Jews or the Palestinians I would think it unfair for anyone to claim I was hating them.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Your post makes me think of what a Polish lady told me in the work place once. I live in North America. She said when she grew up in Poland they were under Russian occupation. (Other Polish people here might disagree with this but at least this is what she told me....she might have just been speaking of herself) She said though, we just hated the Russians.....but she said, you know what though! I will say one thing. I felt safe walking down the streets of any of our cities regardless of the time or night and I felt safe. When they said crime was illegal they MEANT IT. She said further, "However living over here.....I really can't say I feel that. I'd never walk down the streets alone at night here or even go out at a certain time of the evening"

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He hates sin but not the sinner
And so we do not need to give absolute support to Israel no matter what they do. We can still hold them accountable when needed. We do not need to always take their side at every occasion. That is not hatred. It is justice.

• Agree
Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0