Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the LDS's and JW's would prefer that Christianity NOT unpack and analyze their belief systems and the words of their 'prophets' too.

Faith in Jesus Christ for salvation and faith in a complex denominational belief system are completely two different things. Those who aren't afraid to ask the hard questions and seek honest answers at the direction of the Holy Spirit are not destroying faith, they're building it, and in the process learning how to recognize false doctrines and drop belief in them when recognized.
exactly.....

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, the LDS's and JW's would prefer that Christianity NOT unpack and analyze their belief systems and the words of their 'prophets' too.

Faith in Jesus Christ for salvation and faith in a complex denominational belief system are completely two different things. Those who aren't afraid to ask the hard questions and seek honest answers at the direction of the Holy Spirit are not destroying faith, they're building it, and in the process learning how to recognize false doctrines and drop belief in them when recognized.
You may think you are being lead by the Holy Spirit and that you are seeking honest answers, but I don't think so. To each his own I suppose.

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You may think you are being lead by the Holy Spirit and that you are seeking honest answers, but I don't think so. To each his own I suppose.
the good thing is that you are in no position to say one way or another and in the final analysis, its not what you think but what God himself knows....

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since JESUS promised it, we can KNOW it is true. He has promised to lead us into ALL truth (and BTW, Jesus IS the truth!) I can't help it if you doubt.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what you are actually saying is that you refuse to answer my questions. Ok-no problem.

No, what I am actually telling you is that your prediction failed. I found a church service that I was quite comfortable in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't doubt God-I doubt YOU.
I never asked you to believe in me, and neither did Jesus. But HE IS the truth and he has PROMISED to lead us through his Spirit into all truth (which HE IS). I claim the promise, and you're free to doubt that his promises apply to me, but last I checked Jesus didn't ask you first if it was OK if I believe in him and his promises.

(Off to MGM Studios!)

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Why is it that because I hold fast to what I believe to be truth that you condemn me as being 'hostile"? I'm not hostile, I'm FIRM in what I believe because I have studied it.

You are hostile.

Note this thread from a while back:
[FONT=&quot]
http://foru.ms/showthread.php?p=37193525#post37193525

[/FONT]
Instead of continuing to spend emotional energy on the values and demerits of dividing this forum maybe it would help if each side present to the group why they believe that continuing in the way they now want the forum to run would hasten the Second Coming of our Lord and Savior.

Why sent--you all that anxious to burn?? rofl!!

Laughing at someone's anticipated (by you) damnation is in fact hostile.

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
<staff deletion>

Bourbaki's terminology was not accepted.... it was ignored.... if you knew who Bourbaki was you would understand why most of what he says is ignored...

No one is attempting to change what you believe Honor.... however nowhere is it written that we have to read what you post and say nothing... this is a discussion board and your beliefs can be questioned. You probably will not change your mind, no one is asking you to, however what you believe can be questioned by others....

The adventist church is made up of members who hold a wide variety of views.... that seems to be something you don't like... perhaps you need to learn more about your church...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What? You mean you cannot or will not expound on you comment when asked?

It is kind of funny to see people behave in the manner of honor. She feels completely comfortable with ignoring questions such as I asked:

Originally Posted by RC_NewProtestants
I must admit I agree with Tall here but as we all sometimes misread things maybe honor can present some clear answers in the regard to Progressives and the Adventist church. I will make them simply yes or no questions but of course she can explain her answers.

1. Should Progressive Adventists be accepted as full members in the SDA church?

2. Do you think Progressive Adventist should leave the SDA church?

3. Are Adventist only those who hold to the 28 fundamental beliefs unequivocally?

4. Must a member in the SDA church believe that Ellen White was a prophet?

5. If a baptized member of the SDA church disagrees with any of the 28 fundamentals or does not hold to the churches teaching on the Investigative Judgment or holds to a different view on Eschatology do you think that person should leave the SDA church?

Just questions so we can know for sure where she stands, not asking her what the denomination should do, just what she thinks so we will know if our impression is correct or not. Nothing. too hard to answer 5 yes or no questions. It seems to me she operates on a double standard and of course there is no dealing with a person who operates under one standard for themselves and a different standard for everyone else.

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is kind of funny to see people behave in the manner of honor. She feels completely comfortable with ignoring questions such as I asked:

Just questions so we can know for sure where she stands, not asking her what the denomination should do, just what she thinks so we will know if our impression is correct or not. Nothing. too hard to answer 5 yes or no questions. It seems to me she operates on a double standard and of course there is no dealing with a person who operates under one standard for themselves and a different standard for everyone else.
you would be correct....

Upvote 0

moicherie

True Brit
Oct 13, 2005
United Kingdom
✟16,811.00
Faith
SDA
<staff deletion> edited to remove deleted post

I never said you were hostile, but now that you mention it the hat fits you perfectly. You seem to have a problem dealing with other Adventists who don't think just like you. No one here is condemning you for believeing what you believe or asking you to stop believing it so keep holding fast to it, that is your right and privilege. However if the pioneers had your mind set we would still be spouting the Shut Door doctrine 160 years later....

Upvote 0

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Originally Posted by RC_NewProtestants
I must admit I agree with Tall here but as we all sometimes misread things maybe honor can present some clear answers in the regard to Progressives and the Adventist church. I will make them simply yes or no questions but of course she can explain her answers.

1. Should Progressive Adventists be accepted as full members in the SDA church?
As far as I know the church does not recognize two different camps. So yes people should be accepted into the Adventist church.

2. Do you think Progressive Adventist should leave the SDA church?
Again, I don't believe that the church labels members in this way so I would say no.

3. Are Adventist only those who hold to the 28 fundamental beliefs unequivocally?
Every Adventist is going to have different levels of understanding when it comes to this. They should study and learn and grow in their understanding of these topics.

4. Must a member in the SDA church believe that Ellen White was a prophet?
I think that it helps, but here again people are going to be at different levels in the growth process and their understanding of EGW. If a person is having great difficulty they should seek out someone to study with.

5. If a baptized member of the SDA church disagrees with any of the 28 fundamentals or does not hold to the churches teaching on the Investigative Judgment or holds to a different view on Eschatology do you think that person should leave the SDA church?
If a person disagrees with beliefs that are fundamentally Adventist then what is the point of remaining an Adventist?

Upvote 0