ChristianSwede

Jun 28, 2016
Gothenburg
✟8,431.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Did you read any of the thread before responding? Or did you just stop at the OP itself?
I just read the post she wrote. I have talked to another Mormon and you want to listen fully to the Holy Spirit. It is higher for you then your own brain and you do not think that Satan can imitate it and that is the problem. God bless you

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
I just read the post she wrote. I have talked to another Mormon and you want to listen fully to the Holy Spirit. It is higher for you then your own brain and you do not think that Satan can imitate it and that is the problem. God bless you

Had you read the entire thread, you'd have seen that a number of individuals from a number of religious backgrounds were pointing out that the OP was tilting at windmills, blaming something she didn't understand for something she didn't like.

There was quite a profitable discussion of a number of related topics, a discussion you missed because you didn't read the whole thread.

I would strongly recommend that you go back and do so if you wish to continue participating in it.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthythink about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.-

one cannot even begin to observe these instructions while involved in the viewing nor activity of anime imagery.
and none who love the lord Jesus will resist his word or attempt to excuse it .

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthythink about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.-

one cannot even begin to observe these instructions while involved in the viewing nor activity of anime imagery.

In other words, you've only seen a few bits and are freaking out.

Is that about it?

Dollars to donuts, a large percentage of the cartoons you grew up watching were either straight-up imported anime or had the actual visual work done at an anime studio.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No.
I mean

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is , whatever is, whatever is , whatever is , whatever is whatever is—if anything is—. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.-

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single

Yes.

Don't believe me?

Did you ever watch "Super Book" when you were younger?

Superbook_DVD_vol_1.jpg

It's anime.

It was commissioned as part of an effort to raise awareness of Christianity in Japan, but was exported internationally.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes.

Don't believe me?

Did you ever watch "Super Book" when you were younger?

Superbook_DVD_vol_1.jpg

Oops.

But hey, why let that get in the way of condemning everything in the name of God?

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of messed up things in anime I have seen over time and have no desire to see again. But like in any media culture, there are also good and lovely things I have seen in anime (believe me, not the biggest fan here, so I am not being biased), dare I say even things that match the general criteria of the quoted verse from Philippians. Now, will anything in anime - or the world at all for that matter - ever compare to the goodness, holiness, admirability, or purity of Christ Himself? Of course not. But I assume the passage was speaking of stuff we encounter in everyday life on Earth, the physical. Otherwise, it would have made more sense to say flat out to think about Christ, not "whatever is good, holy, etc." and "think about such things".

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oops.

But hey, why let that get in the way of condemning everything in the name of God?

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of messed up things in anime I have seen over time and have no desire to see again. But like in any media culture, there are also good and lovely things I have seen in anime (believe me, not the biggest fan here, so I am not being biased), dare I say even things that match the general criteria of the quoted verse from Philippians. Now, will anything in anime - or the world at all for that matter - ever compare to the goodness, holiness, admirability, or purity of Christ Himself? Of course not. But I assume the passage was speaking of stuff we encounter in everyday life on Earth, the physical. Otherwise, it would have made more sense to say flat out to think about Christ, not "whatever is good, holy, etc." and "think about such things".
The devil can appear as an angel of light..a very beautiful angel of light.
That which does not originate in God is not of God but of the spirit of this world.
That is why those who are of the same spirit defend it.
They dont know God ,they are estranged from him .

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is why those who are of the same spirit defend it.
They dont know God ,they are estranged from him .

So, my saying that not everything that exists on this planet is evil or of the devil means I am of the spirit of this world?

Thanks for the implication that I am an enemy of God. Really appreciate it, Alithis.

Of course, this is not the first time a believer will be insulted like that by his/her own fellow believers, and it certainly will not be the last.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, my saying that not everything that exists on this planet is evil or of the devil means I am of the spirit of this world?

Thanks for the implication that I am an enemy of God. Really appreciate it, Alithis.

Of course, this is not the first time a believer will be insulted like that by his/her own fellow believers, and it certainly will not be the last.
Im sorry Sarah , thats taking what i said too far though .i did not desire you to take it that way .

we are not speaking about things which exist in the material world though .
what other do not realize always is the position one is replying from and they display the very spiritual attitude being warned about in the OP of the thread . disrespectful disobedience insolence rebellious angry etc .. all the the attributes of the demonic realm .
you see some people think they can stand with one foot in worldly things and remain untainted but its not so. and the demonic realm-seeks to manifest itself through the mind and imaginations of the unregenerate hearts of those who are not walking in the Holy Spirit .this is why i said .."we are not speaking of material "things", but of spiritual things . demons are spirits, they are invisible to the natural world so they seek to give themselves an outward "IMAGE". even the devil himself does this and GOD did it also ..for he is called in the bible , the invisible god .. but he manifested himself to us in an image we can identify with and that is JESUS .
it is also why in the last days people will be forced to worship .. the "image " of the beast .. the spiritual realm always projects itself ,or tried to glorify itself ..into the natural world via imagery ..in ancient time this was done through art and the carving of wood chiseling of stone or molding of metal to make images of the gods .
this is still done today. but the technology by which it is done has become fancier . but the spirits behind it inspiring it have by no means changed .

i don't speak as one who has watched or taken part in it . but as one far older who has observed its outworking effect on children and watched them go from delightful to monstrous in a matter of a month of sitting and watching .. to the point prayer and deliverance was bough it to do as the lord Jesus commanded us and "drive out devils " from then to set them free again .

in the testimony of one "angelica" who passed from this life and was taken by the lord and shown hell, she speaks of seeing 9 year olds in hell fire .. and the Lord told her this was due to their rebellion fed by such imagery that was directly demonically inspired with this very purpose in mind to destroy them and they rebelled against their parents .
the scriptures state that the spirit of THIS WORLD is at work in the children of disobedience , so if we ,even if we call ourselves Christian , live a life in disobedience to god then we ALLOW the spirit of this world to go to work in us ,working to kill steal and destroy all that is good from us and take our very life in the process . some of the young folks here defend it as if it is nothing to disobey god and as if they have a right to sin in it . but they are inspired to say so from the very demonic influence that does not want to let them go free .
I'm not a teen by any means ..my children are not teens .

my children are across the spectrum of age from 24 yrs old to 4 years old and i will NEVER let my 4 year old any where near this demonic inspired realm of imagery and joyfully weigh in my voice to warn others ,do not entangle yourselves in the ways of the world i ANY form be it cartoon imagery or super bowl sports fanaticism .. dont be mixed with the world and think you will find yourself in heaven .. that is never what the scriptures have stated ,not once ever .

Upvote 0

Dexter234

Apr 26, 2021
Doesn't matter
✟15,201.00
Country
Afghanistan
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do not watch anime friends! My son watched this anime called "narootoh" and now he thinks it's cool to hurt people! Anime is clearly a tool of satan trying to teach children to hurt eachother and that it's okay, please delete this forum section, to admins. This is a place of evil I can sense it god told me this place is evil and anime is too.

also I'm having my son exorcised tomorrow
Lol FYI... If u don't know anything, don't speak. Yes some of the bad guys look kinda evil but that's cuz what they are... evil villains. Lol imagine the main character fighting teddy bears... I guess that's what u would want. Anyway, my point is u haven't watched the anime... I HAVE... And it is about a young boy who lost his parents and was cast aside by the villagers all because his father sealed an evil beast inside him TO PROTECT THE VILLAGE. it wasn't Naruto's fault... he hated the beast inside him, but u know what??? He rose up still... as a person, he is far better than YOU. He never gave up on his dreams... he made a lot of friends, he fought for his village like an army soldier fighting for his country, and he rose to the TOP even though everyone hated him. He literally changed the beast's personality because of his accomplishments and his stubbornness to not let the beast take over. Naruto rose from the slums (poor, useless, weak, loathed, lonely and looked down on) to the protector and leader of the village - He became the most important person in his village. He accomplished far greater than any human could possibly hope to accomplish. Anime depicts what humans cannot do... In Naruto's case, it's facing horrible problems in life (being poor, useless, weak, loathed, lonely, suffering from grief and being looked down on) and still be able to have hope and accomplish what he dreamed to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟20,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love coming back to this post every now and again to see the replies. I watch anime myself, and I hold nothing against the fans who really love something. But I also really cannot help enjoying the delicious, salty taste of weeb rage!:blink: Especially when it's coming from one of those toxic weebs who are jerks to people who like shows they don't or don't like shows they do or who act superior because they don't watch dubs.

Upvote 0

TruthInLight

Sep 28, 2018
Portland
✟33,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
You know that Satan is the accuser of the brethren/mankind, right? I'll share a scripture and a video clip from 86 of Lena doing to Annette what the passage says.

1 Peter 5:8-9

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

There's bad things in anime, and there are good things in anime. Assuming that you know about both the goodness and severity of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.