TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The UK based newspaper The Independent recently had an article saying that Angela Merkel is now "The leader of the free world". You know it is serious when the British say something like that about a German leader. I do think it is a fair reflection on how people outside the US sees this, though. For decades POTUS has been called "the leader of the free world". How bad/good is it for the US that this perspective has changed throughout the world?

Angela Merkel is now the leader of the free world, not Donald Trump

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The UK based newspaper The Independent recently had an article saying that Angela Merkel is now "The leader of the free world". You know it is serious when the British say something like that about a German leader. I do think it is a fair reflection on how people outside the US sees this, though. For decades POTUS has been called "the leader of the free world". How bad/good is it for the US that this perspective has changed throughout the world?

I am very sorry, may I throw in an opinion of a non-Westerner? First of all, "the free world" is a laughable concept for me. There is nothing free about "the free world". We, in the rest of the world, look at it quite differently. Free world? Totalitarian world! Slaves of your dollar-pound-euro-yen or global financial pyramid, which is trying to enslave the whole world. Not going to happen!

Angela Merkel, a laughable figure. A former GDR Stasi agent turned FRG chancellor? Joke of jokes. Very weak politician, who is a 100% USA puppet and never sought the interests of Germany or even EU? Only seeking US interests. "Leader" is not a title suitable for somebody being lead her whole career (maybe lifetime).

Europe is dying because of Western Europe/EU seeking US interests for decades. Slaves. Colonies. Weak countries nearing collapse.

So, this phrase to me is a joke about a joke.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,932.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The Germans themselves are angry at Angela due to the refugee crisis.

I don't think the title is appropriate, should be "Angela, leader of Political Correctness!". As what Germany had done since after the end of WW2

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,932.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am very sorry, may I throw in an opinion of a non-Westerner? First of all, "free world" is a laughable concept for me. There is nothing free about "the free world". We, in the rest of the world, look at it quite differently. Free world? Totalitarian world! Slaves of your dollar-pound-yen or global financial pyramid, which is trying to enslave the whole world. Not going to happen! Angela Merkel, a laughable figure. She's very weak. A former GDR Stasi agent turned FRG chancellor? Joke of jokes. Weak politician, who is a 100% USA puppet and never sought the interests of Germany or even EU? Only seeking US interests. Europe is dying because of Western Europe/EU seeking US interests for decades. Slaves. Colonies. Weak countries nearing collapse.

So, this phrase to me is a joke about a joke.

You can't blame her totally.

The concept of "Free World" is a joke especially if conflicting rights/liberties meet like in the case of Islamic ideologies vs Western principles.

You won't be able to satisfy two conflicting demands. Simple common sense.

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Angela Merkel is not to be blamed for anything. She's a puppet. That's why she's weak, same as all of Europe's leaders. They are losers of losers. Total zeros. It's basically a qualification for today's "leader" in Europe. Such is the political incubator they're produced from.

The concept of "Free World" is a joke especially if conflicting rights/liberties meet like in the case of Islamic ideologies vs Western principles.

You won't be able to satisfy two conflicting demands. Simple common sense.

Very true. I often say during heated arguments on this subject among my friends and co-workers, you can't be tolerant to intolerance!!!

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

LionL

Believer in God, doubter of religion
Jan 23, 2015
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland
✟37,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Angela Merkel represents Europe and its progressive attitude. Trump commands no respect and would be a comedic figure if his policies were not so dangerous.
Where I live, in the UK, there is a sizable minority who are right-wing and nationalistic. They managed to win the Brexit referendum though, despite around 75% of us wanting to remain in the EU.
Trump and May are taking us to a place I don't want to go.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,932.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Angela Merkel represents Europe and it's progressive attitude. Trump commands no respect and would be a comedic figure if his policies were not so dangerous.
Where I live, in the UK, there is a sizable minority who are right-wing and nationalistic. They managed to win the Brexit referendum though, despite around 75% of us wanting to remain in the EU.
Trump and May are taking us to a place I don't want to go.

Their "progressiveness" is mostly about money.

Jesus warned us against serving money could mean ignoring or hating God (Luke 16:13)

Upvote 0

LionL

Believer in God, doubter of religion
Jan 23, 2015
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland
✟37,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Jesus warned us against serving money could mean ignoring or hating God (Luke 16:13)
Accepting refugees is more about caring for others than about making money. It seems to me that Trump and May are the ones more concerned with money than with helping others.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Step 1. Accept refugees
Step 2....
Step 3. Profit!!

• Haha
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,932.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Accepting refugees is more about caring for others than about making money. It seems to me that Trump and May are the ones more concerned with money than with helping others.

Some of the world's richest countries, are Muslim Arab countries and many are major economic partners with many countries in the West.

Why Trump did not include Saudi Arabia in its banned countries list despite a number of terrorists originating from that country is obvious.

It's all about money. You don't want to offend the Muslims too much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some of the world's richest countries, are Muslim Arab countries and many are major economic partners with many countries in the West. Why Trump did not include Saudi Arabia in its banned countries list despite a number of terrorists originating from that country is obvious.
It's all about money. You don't want to offend the Muslims too much.

We agree that it is all about the money for Trump and his comrades.
However, this was about Merkel, not Trump. I don't think she did not receive a million refugees from Syria in order to make money

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Not bad at all. The same people apparently thought that Obama was "the bees knees," and he didn't do anything at all to lead anyone (other than Al Qaeda perhaps).

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't think she did not receive a million refugees from Syria in order to make money
She virtually said so, TN. Check it out. More potential laborers in the country and there'd be an improvement in Germany's economy, so the lamebrained claim went.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

While true, I think America has the monopoly on serving the almighty dollar, your prison service and even health service has been farmed out to profit making entities who's bottom line is not rehabilitation or positive health outcomes but keeping the share holders happy.

Sadly, the UK is marching down a similar path but America is already there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
While true, I think America has the monopoly on serving the almighty dollar, your prison service and even health service has been farmed out to profit making entities who's bottom line is not rehabilitation or positive health outcomes but keeping the share holders happy.

It's FAR more important that they keep the citizens happy; and from all that can be determined, they indeed are supportive of privately-run prisons just like they approve of UPS and FedEx being in competition with the USPS.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It's FAR more important that they keep the citizens happy; and from all that can be determined, they indeed are supportive of privately-run prisons just like they approve of UPS and FedEx being in competition with the USPS.
Who are supportive?

Upvote 0