Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Okay, let me first and finally say that I am sorry if I have disturbed or offended anyone on this particular forum. I have unwatched the thread. Please ignore any other message from me. If I have said anything you simply MUST respond to, DON'T.

I still cannot understand what heresies have been promulgated since 1951 by any of the Popes. I have stated that I believe exactly what good Orthodox Christians believe, including that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father alone, which, I was told by a friend, is that the whole idea of filioque is a linguistic oddity of the Greek language, because when translated into English, the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father ALONE.

One more time, I am living this particular forum. As you have been so gentle and loving and Christian to me, may God bless you in exactly the same way.

Christ is Risen!

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Okay, let me first and finally say that I am sorry if I have disturbed or offended anyone on this particular forum. I have unwatched the thread. Please ignore any other message from me. If I have said anything you simply MUST respond to, DON'T.

I still cannot understand what heresies have been promulgated since 1951 by any of the Popes. I have stated that I believe exactly what good Orthodox Christians believe, including that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father alone, which, I was told by a friend, is that the whole idea of filioque is a linguistic oddity of the Greek language, because when translated into English, the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father ALONE.

One more time, I am living this particular forum. As you have been so gentle and loving and Christian to me, may God bless you in exactly the same way.

Christ is Risen.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Okay, let me first and finally say that I am sorry if I have disturbed or offended anyone on this particular forum.

I know you responded to me, but let me say you did not hurt or offend me at all. and I am sorry if I offended you.

I still cannot understand what heresies have been promulgated since 1951 by any of the Popes.

the heresies of Rome were before then, but aside for the filioque there is Papal infallibility, the Immaculate Conception, Purgatory, indulgences, created grace, the Beatific Vision, Mary's Assumption prior to death, Original guilt, Divine Simplicity, to name a few.

post 1951 would be the post Vatican II ecclesiology

I have stated that I believe exactly what good Orthodox Christians believe, including that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father alone, which, I was told by a friend, is that the whole idea of filioque is a linguistic oddity of the Greek language, because when translated into English, the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father ALONE.

you are right, because that is what Scripture says. the problem for the filioque aside from it being not found in Scripture is that it violates the Ecumenical Councils of Ephesus and Chalcedon, was condemned as heresy at Constantinople IV (which the Rome agreed to for 200 years), and was rejected by early Popes. it is not simply an early linguistic error.

God bless you as well

Christ is Risen.

indeed He is risen!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This tread has gone waaaayyyyy off topic. Let's just shut it down. and folks, please do try to stay on topic, thanks!
Greg, are you asking to have your thread closed? That's how I'm understanding you. I'll go ahead and close it - please pm me if I'm misunderstanding you and you want it open.

Peace to all.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.