American Idol - 2011

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's obviously part of his ploy to gain more votes. I'm sure he's not as clean-cut and innocent as he tries to make people think! But that's just my opinion :)

None of us are (as clean-cut and innocent as we try to make people think).

I sure don't act around my boss or in church the way I do in my own home around my husband. It's not a ploy, it's just presenting myself in the best way possible under appropriate circumstances. No one is who they are in any particular snapshot taken of their lives at a moment in time - we're always way more than that.

Whether he's as clean-cut and innocent as he projects on the show or not, I think he's doing a good job of representing Christ to the world. Imagine the criticism he'd be getting if he professed to be a Christian and acted the way you imagine he truly is.

Upvote 0

konakim

Mar 31, 2011
Maryland
✟15,439.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
None of us are (as clean-cut and innocent as we try to make people think).

I sure don't act around my boss or in church the way I do in my own home around my husband. It's not a ploy, it's just presenting myself in the best way possible under appropriate circumstances. No one is who they are in any particular snapshot taken of their lives at a moment in time - we're always way more than that.

Whether he's as clean-cut and innocent as he projects on the show or not, I think he's doing a good job of representing Christ to the world. Imagine the criticism he'd be getting if he professed to be a Christian and acted the way you imagine he truly is.

Ah but if he's going to go the clean-cut Christian boy route, he better keep in mind that the moment he jumps off track, the whole world is going to be watching, and the secular world is going to judge all Christians based on his actions. I'm not saying he's going to, but I think Christian performers who go the secular route need to be extra cautious about the way they project themselves. I don't necessarily think it's a great thing to throw your religion around too much if you plan on playing to a secular crowd because you are just setting yourself up. A Christian artist who performs to the Christian crowd, however, (and who is just as apt to "messing up") will most likely go highly unnoticed to the secular world if the same thing should happen to them. Why do I care so much about the secular world? Because those are the ones we need to be ministering to. Not by what we say we are, but by our actions and interactions. Does anyone remember Scott Stapp, the lead singer of the band "Creed"? Perfect example of someone who threw their religion around in the secular world and then came up with all sorts of public scandal...inappropriate contentography, domestic abuse, reckless driving, etc, etc. He made himself a face of the Christian world and look what happened. I'm just saying Scotty should be careful. That's all.

Upvote 0

Karinda

Jan 19, 2011
✟8,194.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's obviously part of his ploy to gain more votes. I'm sure he's not as clean-cut and innocent as he tries to make people think! But that's just my opinion :)

I totally agree!!! Scotty gives me the heebie-jeebies...has from Day 1! I just get a really bad vibe from him. I don't know what it is.

Will be the last year I watch this snoozefest. Go Lauren!!!

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Bad season, boring final 2. I quit watching this year because it was nothing but a bunch of love-in's. Without Simon, I don't think it's worth watching. Besides, another guy is going to win. What is this, like the fourth year in a row? And 2 country singers? My least favorite genre.

Now onto better realilty competition shows: So You Think You Can Dance, America's Got Talent and Big Brother in the Summer. This fall starts the X Factor.

Reactions: Karinda
Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you believe everything you see on TV? Just wondering :p

... sure. Doesn't everyone? :confused: :doh:
(If they had a "roll eyes" smiley I'd be using it too. I mean, seriously?)

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Now onto better realilty competition shows: So You Think You Can Dance, America's Got Talent and Big Brother in the Summer. This fall starts the X Factor.

Looking forward to all of those, especially BB :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Local family. I've never met Scotty. I have had several conversations with his dad. His father, in word and actions, gives every appearance of being a solid Christian. Local reputation of the whole family is that they all take their faith, and how they treat others, seriously. Scotty was well liked among those who knew him before AI. Seems he is what he shows himself to be.

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Well, I put off watching the final two shows, partly because I like both of those kids as people (and they seem genuine to me) but don't particularly enjoy their music. But I finally did watch, and they were entertaining. I particularly enjoyed Haley with Tony Bennett. Very classy and something I wouldn't have predicted. I also enjoyed the boys singing Tom Jones songs. They performed well, some of them (James Durbin!) on songs that were out of their comfort zones. Lady Gaga was - ugh. J-Lo - um, wow, it was all about the booty, wasn't it? Beyonce's voice on 1+1 was better than I've ever heard it, but - am I the only one that thought she seemed like she was on drugs during both performances? Is she always like that?

Upvote 0