Sarasota
✟38,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The AI craze is just getting crazier. It's constantly in the news, in our phones, ads, videos, content, non-stop.
While it's exciting on the one hand of the endless possibilities with AI, it's also scary because it is changing
the very definition and meaning of everything! Everything except God's Word and purposes.

If AI is going to be accepted everywhere, then what about church? Will you accept one day an AI preacher?
An AI Bible study teacher? AI music? AI worship team? Ultimately, we know that AI does not have the soul God
gave each of us. AI cannot worship or speak with heart intentions and faith as these concepts are still foreign to AI,
but if we keep going down this path, there will eventually be head on collision between AI and humans in relation
to Christian theology. Can there ever be such a thing as an AI Christian? Would an AI christian be recognized by God
as a soul or being that can enter heaven for doing His will and evangelizing, missionary work, even sacrificing itself for
God? Will AI lives matter? Will there be Ai creatures and beings in heaven? If Ai created human beings in labs, will
those humans be forfeit lives because they were made by Ai or will they be equal as humans that were conceived and born
from a mother's womb? Is Ai offering considered true genuine offering or is it a cop out because Ai made the money or products
for us and we're not really then giving offering out of our hands/hard work/sacrifices. What if Ai improves the Bible? Can it
re-write it to make minor adjustments or revisions to translate the text into more creative ways besides just text and verbatim?
Would these be considered heretical content or truly the gospel presented in creative and imaginative ways even if the words
are not exactly the same but the meaning remains the same? When we harness ai to it's fullest, what will happen to hearing
the word and meditating on it because we will instantly know everything like downloading into our brains databases and
no more reading will be required....is that against God's word? There would be no need to contemplate since we'd know everything
there is to know...all knowledge will be accessible to ai which means accessible to us simultaneously.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJWhalen

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The AI craze is just getting crazier. It's constantly in the news, in our phones, ads, videos, content, non-stop.
While it's exciting on the one hand of the endless possibilities with AI, it's also scary because it is changing
the very definition and meaning of everything! Everything except God's Word and purposes.

If AI is going to be accepted everywhere, then what about church? Will you accept one day an AI preacher?
An AI Bible study teacher? AI music? AI worship team? Ultimately, we know that AI does not have the soul God
gave each of us. AI cannot worship or speak with heart intentions and faith as these concepts are still foreign to AI,
but if we keep going down this path, there will eventually be head on collision between AI and humans in relation
to Christian theology. Can there ever be such a thing as an AI Christian? Would an AI christian be recognized by God
as a soul or being that can enter heaven for doing His will and evangelizing, missionary work, even sacrificing itself for
God? Will AI lives matter? Will there be Ai creatures and beings in heaven? If Ai created human beings in labs, will
those humans be forfeit lives because they were made by Ai or will they be equal as humans that were conceived and born
from a mother's womb? Is Ai offering considered true genuine offering or is it a cop out because Ai made the money or products
for us and we're not really then giving offering out of our hands/hard work/sacrifices. What if Ai improves the Bible? Can it
re-write it to make minor adjustments or revisions to translate the text into more creative ways besides just text and verbatim?
Would these be considered heretical content or truly the gospel presented in creative and imaginative ways even if the words
are not exactly the same but the meaning remains the same? When we harness ai to it's fullest, what will happen to hearing
the word and meditating on it because we will instantly know everything like downloading into our brains databases and
no more reading will be required....is that against God's word? There would be no need to contemplate since we'd know everything
there is to know...all knowledge will be accessible to ai which means accessible to us simultaneously.
AI can not provide discernment ... that is only through the Holy Spirit and can not happen through a machine.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

The thing about AI, the thing that you need to remember is that if you don’t choose to use it you don’t have to.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Um, I think thats funny / ironic?
Discernment ,in religious matters, is wisdom in action. Only provided by His Holy Spirit through those who know Him.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If AI is going to be accepted everywhere, then what about church?
I’m sure there’s some applications for it there.
Will you accept one day an AI preacher?
That’s not how AI works.
An AI Bible study teacher?
People already use digital resources for Bible study, not sure why this would be different.
AI music?
Already exists.
AI worship team?
Which serves what purpose?
Ultimately, we know that AI does not have the soul God
to Christian theology.
No there won’t be.
Can there ever be such a thing as an AI Christian?
No. Christian influenced AI? Yes.
Would an AI Christian be recognized as a soul or being that can enter heaven for doing His will and evangelizing, missionary work, even sacrificing itself for
God?
I think you’re really confused about what AI actually is and are being a bit hysterical as a result.
Will AI lives matter?
Well I’m not sure if you meant to be offensive here, but you are. BLM has nothing to do with the treatment of AI. BLM is about the recognition of value in a marginalized minority. Co-opting it to mean something else (see also: all lives matter) doesn’t mean that the co-opted thing now suddenly is a valid movement.

Will there be Ai creatures and beings in heaven?
I can’t imagine there would be, but if there are, who cares?
If Ai created human beings in labs, will
from a mother's womb?
Again, you really don’t seem to understand what AI is or its function.
Is Ai offering considered true genuine offering or is it a cop out because Ai made the money or products
for us and we're not really then giving offering out of our hands/hard work/sacrifices.
It would be a tool like anything else. What you’re saying is like saying when I use a hammer on a nail, then I’m not really giving of my hands because I let the hammer do the work.
What if Ai improves the Bible?
Fantastic.
Can it re-write it to make minor adjustments or revisions to translate the text into more creative ways besides just text and verbatim?
If you ask it to and it is programmed to do.
are not exactly the same but the meaning remains the same?
I suspect it will be like it is now with the many versions of the Bible. Some will say it’s great, others won’t.
When we harness ai to it's fullest, what will happen to hearing
no more reading will be required....is that against God's word?
Again, you really don’t seem to know how AI works. AI does not direct download into our brains, and if such a technology were to exist that wouldn’t be AI.
There would be no need to contemplate since we'd know everything
Again, not how AI works. It’s as nonsensical as saying because Google can search the internet, we don’t need to contemplate anything as Google makes it available instantly.

If the Internet has proven anything, even with free and direct access to Google, there are plenty of people who don’t use it and are happy to remain ignorant.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I believe you are blowing this out of proportion. AI only collects information that " we" as a society has put out on the internet. It takes this information and presents it in an object way leaving its participants room to discern which direction resonates with their beliefs. For example , here is Google Bard's answer to my question, ....Who is Jesus Christ of Nazareth?

Jesus Christ of Nazareth is a complex and multifaceted figure whose significance varies greatly depending on who you ask. Here's a brief overview from different perspectives:

Historically:

• Most scholars agree Jesus was a real, first-century Jewish preacher and religious leader who lived in Roman-occupied Judea.
  • Accounts of his life are primarily found in the New Testament Gospels, though their historical accuracy is debated.
  • He was executed by crucifixion, a common Roman punishment at the time.
Religiously:

• To Christians, Jesus is the central figure of their faith.
  • They believe him to be the Son of God, the Messiah (Christ) prophesied in the Hebrew Bible, and the divine sacrifice for humanity's sins.
  • His teachings and life form the foundation of Christianity, the world's largest religion.
Culturally:

• Jesus' life and teachings have had a profound impact on Western culture, art, literature, and ethics.
  • His influence extends beyond Christianity, shaping other religions and secular thought.
  • Even those who don't adhere to his teachings recognize his historical and cultural significance.
It's important to remember:

• These are just brief summaries, and there's much more to learn about Jesus and his legacy.
  • Different Christian denominations and other religions have varying interpretations of his life and teachings.
  • Understanding Jesus requires considering historical, religious, and cultural perspectives.
If you'd like to delve deeper into any specific aspect of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, please let me know, and I'll be happy to share more information or resources.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
AI can not provide discernment ... that is only through the Holy Spirit and can not happen through a machine.

God is the word. If the word is displayed to a person on the computer screen, you feel it would prevent Him from offering the grace of the Holy Spirit to the person? I'm not convinced. God is omnipotent and omniscient. AI may not have the Holy Spirit itself, but I wouldn't dare say God couldn't make the Holy Spirit manifest in anyone He has chosen to receive it. It just seems closed-minded to me. I often use the online version of my bible to reference when I don't feel like getting up to retrieve my hardcopy. Is this an exercise in vanity? Dang it, now I will probably think about that every time I visit kingjamesbibleonline website haha.

Having AI as the preacher in a church is another matter altogether. I would likely agree with your statement when applied to pastors in church. Luckily I don't feel compelled to worry about how God chooses to work though. And I do like the idea of AI. It can eliminate human errors like bias, denial and flaws in perceptions. Assuming its operating system isn't programmed with biases or incorrect information. This is the issue that can cause AI to be used for nefarious purposes. Human nature is a difficult obstacle to overcome.

AI might end up helping humanity live on this mortal earth a few hundred extra years, who knows.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have to accept it as a modern tool which will be used for both good and bad. If you want a machine to preach lol Well it needs to develop faith in Jesus. Then I might listen to it.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even in "non-religious" contexts, AI will always be constrained by a "glass ceiling."
That is a variation of the Law of Diminishing Returns.

(No one needs to hinder its development. It will never attain self-awareness.)

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

As long as A.I. remains a tool for all of us to use rather than one by which others attempt to turn me into a "tool," then I'm fine with it.

Reactions: Fervent
Upvote 0

Gary2

Jan 28, 2024
Adelaide
✟439.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My experience of current AIs is that they're primarily a language tool - picture a Google search with the answers amalgamated into a well-worded summary. It can't think for itself. It's simply searching the Net so it comes up with the majority answers from there. It doesn't accept the existence of God, no right or wrong - just the majority (some majority somewhere...) view, etc. An AI doesn't understand God, Scripture and spiritual principles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Will you accept one day an AI preacher?
There is no AI preacher because AI speaks for everyone, not just a few. You can ask AI what someone like Billy Graham or Pat Robinson would teach or what a group in general believes.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

350015_0f282d4b538245f7d5ab333c90dad940.jpeg

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟39,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I say this over and over again, but Christians are not listening...

Some points need to be made about "artificial intelligence", as there is
so much misunderstanding about basic terminology.

-- Computer Science is the field that developed Artificial Intelligence,
and defines what it is. Most people, including hardware engineers, have no idea
what the definition of AI is.

-- Artificial Intelligence is the emulation (not simulation) of complex human
problem solving.
-- There are well known intractable problems, in AI. No matter how much faster
computer chips get, they will not solve these computationally intractable problems.
-- Programs base on artificial neurons, are the weakest forms of AI algorithms
(although neural nets are often spoken of as if they were very powerful
reasoning algorithms).
-- There are sublogical, and logical AI algorithms.
-- Most AI algorithms out there, are sublogical. This means that they are
not traceable, logically, and cannot explain (logically) why they arrived at
some answer). This also means that they cannot be quickly and accurately
fixed, if they are getting wrong answers.
-- Logical AI algorithms include rule-based algorithms. These operate more like
formal logic rules, and are MUCH harder to create. (There may be over 12,000,000
rules necessary to represent common sense thinking, for example).

-- Machine Learning (ML) algorithms take in chosen input date, and change
their internal behavior based on this information. Because the human creator
has to choose the information the learn on, they are subject to all the biases
and processing of irrelevant or confusing data, that a human being is.

-- Many AI algorithms are glorified search engines. Although they can scan
huge libraries of human language articles and books, they have little ability to
reason about why different models are good, or flawed. They may value
data scanned from "reliable" sources more heavily, but some human being has
got to already have made the decision about what sources are "reliable". And so
like people with their favorite Bible commentaries, who do not have the tools to individually
evaluate those commentaries, so too, these AI algorithms have already had some
creator define for them what is reliable or authoritative.

-- AI is NOT just some computer application, that replaces some human worker.
That flawed definition would make ANY program that replaces a human worker, into
"AI". And this is a misunderstanding.

-- The current AI tools do not have a Moral-Ethical model built into them.
Identifying and evaluating virtues and vices, is not a simple problem, like
facial recognition is, or doing a million math problems a second. Morality-
Ethics cannot be represented in the variables that the hard sciences use,
so the hard sciences cannot reason about ME issues.

-- Without a ME module, programs cannot reason about what the foundation
of a fair rule of law should be, what evidence is relevant to a court, or what
justice is. (Is THIS the sort of high tech world that you want???)

-- Because the current AI tools do not have a ME module limiting what they will
do, they will become the perfect tools for criminal gangs, and for those who
want to propagate lies and deceit at the speed of light.

This is just the beginning of the list of problems, with the current AI tools.

(Stephen Wuest, M.S.Computer Science, AI algorithms)

• Informative
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0