Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
WOW you almost hit exactly the comments we heard tonight!!! I was like "how did she get soooooo close to the judges!!" Awesome job there:) Do you have an inside with those AI judges lol:)

glad Jacob is still around I hope he takes off next week and sings his heart out!!! Remember when he use to cry afterward? I miss that Jacob!! I feel like they clipped his wings a few weeks back when they started in with all the "advice" to let a song "marinate" pooeey!!:)
Jacob -I really enjoyed his performance, but people might actually vote against his clothes.. wow bright yellow shirt with blue plaid jacket and a purple bowtie?

Lauren - her best performance - I actually really enjoyed her singing this time; I understood J-Lo's comments - she went for it.

Scotty - sweet.. he kind of struggled at the beginning; I could tell he was tryyyying not to do the Scotty Scoop.

James - oh yeahhh that was good. One of the best performances of the night..

Casey I loved it of course but honestly partly because I just like him. He would make a great friend and jam-partner.. I'm with Randy, though - he should not growl the entire song.

Haley - I straight up loved it..

My favorite performance of the night (and the only successful duo performance, IMHO) was Casey and Haley with "I Feel the Earth...." That is not one of my favorite CK songs, but their rendition was fun and sounded effortless.

TOP - James and Hayley

BOTTOM THREE - Jacob, Lauren, and Scotty

GOING HOME - sadly, possibly Jacob. Jacob or Lauren, I'm almost sure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
American idol’s voting is not an exact science. The under 15 age girls make up a lot of the voters and popularity and cute play a role in their votes. That is how Chris Allen beat Adam Lambert, that Chris really is cute and has a great smile.

However, the voters have gotten a few right. Take Kelly and Carrie they have proven to be real singing stars. On the other hand two losers, Daughtry and Clay Aiken, have out sold all the winners except Kelly and Carrie. Go figure!

James Durbin is stated to be the winner this year by quite a few people. I think that at this point he is a run away for the prize. However, you never know with the AI voters. I predicted him to be the winner last month but I also predicted Adam Lambert to be the winner last year and Chris beat him.

I predicted James and Pia to be in the finals but Pia got voted off a long time ago. That convinced me that AI needs to do something about the voting. I hope they no longer allow someone to vote for the same person 50-100 times on speed dial.

Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James Durbin – Without You

If I listened to this on the radio I would give it a 7.5

The Video with the emotional reality makes it a 10.0

Jacob Lusk – Love Hurts

I love this song and Jacob did it well but I am getting tire of Jacobs style 7.5

Lauren Alaina – Unchained Melody

One of the all time great songs, done well 7.5

Scotty McCreery – Always On My Mind

Good song done very well but Scotty has limited himself to songs that he sounds almost the same everytime. 8.0

Haley Reinhart – House of the Rising Sun

With this performance Haley has put herself into

being the dark horse to be in the finals. 9.0

Based on tonight’s performances I would like to see James and Haley in the finals

If I was to send someone home tomorrow it would be Lauren or Scotty

Reactions: SparkyMaddie
Upvote 0

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Pia ..i had told everyone would win...wow it's now down to these 5.

Jacob made too many mistakes and i love him dearly but...i think it's cut time.

I think Hayley is amazing. James,I love him but he didn't do that song by 30 seconds to mars justice,,it cracked alot,he tried but it is an awesome song...was he sick? the other song he did better,good luck idiolists

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
First Casey-less Idol. UGH. But it wasn't a bad show.

James Closer to the Edge 8 I find the song kind of boring so maybe that colors my opinion. Everyone seemed to like it though and he did alright.

James Can't Live 9 gorgeous.

Jacob No Air 7 I found the higher notes a little strident. I didn't like it. I truly agree with Randy. I even feel like he's running from church music.

Jacob Love Hurts 8.5 terrific. I enjoyed it. There was as Jennifer said a little bobble in the middle, but the beginning and end pulled it out.

Lauren Flat on the Floor 8 It was pretty good. A little better than Jacob's, because I think that's her genre. And today she wasn't dressed too young, finally!

Lauren Unchained Melody 8 Solid. I liked seeing her stand there like a grownup and singing. She looked fabulous.

Scotty Gone 9 GRRRREAT. I loveddd it.

Scotty Always on My Mind 7 First time I've heard Scotty be pitchy. Maybe it's the sound system.. I don't like how he sounds on the hook. What's up with the tongue bath from the judges?

Hayley You and I (gaga??!!!) 9.5 goose bumps.. I soooo disagree with Jennifer.

Hayley House of the Rising Sun 10 one of the best performances ever on Idol. IMHO.

'bye Jacob.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tishri1

Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Based on tonight’s performances I would like to see James and Haley in the finals[/FONT]

If I was to send someone home tomorrow it would be Lauren or Scotty
I would like to see Jacob but my dream of Pia was gone along time ago and I think Im just dreaming at this point:p

Haley was the best of the night hands down and I wouldnt mind if she became a finalist:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sparks will fly. Talitha and Tishri1

Congrats on calling the one to leave (Jacob) Good call!

James had problems because he got so emotional. However, If he puts this behind him he will be the one to beat for the championship! I said a long time ago that the only one that could give James a run for the championship was Pia. I will never understand them voting her off.

I listened to Pia and Carrie Underwood sing “I will stand by you” and there is no doubt in my mind that Pia wins, hands down! That is not saying that Carrie is not a great singer, it is just that Pia owns that song and really seems to have a better quality voice than Carrie. OK OK you Carrie fans do not throw tomatoes at me just go to Google and listen to both versions then put down your tomatoes.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Your absolutely right She is awesome!!! I will never understand how she could have lost this sooo early

oh well all my faves are gone:destroyed:

I guess I will go with either James or Haley to win
Sparks will fly. Talitha and Tishri1

Congrats on calling the one to leave (Jacob) Good call!

James had problems because he got so emotional. However, If he puts this behind him he will be the one to beat for the championship! I said a long time ago that the only one that could give James a run for the championship was Pia. I will never understand them voting her off.

I listened to Pia and Carrie Underwood sing “I will stand by you” and there is no doubt in my mind that Pia wins, hands down! That is not saying that Carrie is not a great singer, it is just that Pia owns that song and really seems to have a better quality voice than Carrie. OK OK you Carrie fans do not throw tomatoes at me just go to Google and listen to both versions then put down your tomatoes.

Upvote 0

Savedsis

Seasoned Salty Sista
Oct 6, 2004
Farmville or diving into Little Rock Pool or on Is
✟117,391.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi, I have not been on CF for a long time...But I always in the past was on the AI thread in fact I started most of them....I see it is still going strong..I will be watching tonight..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think its likely that after AI that Scotty and Lauren will have the most success. I think James could do well if he's picked up by a band, I don't think he'll do well on his own. I am curious to see how it all comes out tonight. I think Hailey has to go tonight, while she did great with her second song, she's been too inconsistent throughout the season, plus I have no clue what kind of album she'd even put out.

Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The votes that were for Jacob have to go to someone and that may be huge. However, I don’t think that James should be counted out with Jacob’s voters. They both project a lot of emotion in their persona and singing and that may be a connection.

I don’t think that many of Jacob’s voters will go from soul to country singers so I would not think that Scotty and Lauren would get a lot of Jacob’s votes.

I think that most of Jacob’s votes will go to James and Haley. But hey this is a guessing game anything can happen. I lost my confidence in picking how the voters would vote when they voted Pia off at number 9. That is outrageous!

I still think that James will win it but who will challenge him? IMO it should be Haley now that Pia is gone. However, I know the little girls love Scotty and the judges are pretty much irrelevant at this point so the voters will dominate. Everyone has picked their favorite and the judges are not going to change that much if any at this point. Scotty has a very strong voting base and those little girls will vote many times.

Scotty may challenge James as I think a lot of votes come from the 12-15 year old girls. How do you think that Chris beat Adam Lambert? I think the cute smile and ALL American boy persona helped Chris beat Adam. Scotty has even more smiles and more American boy persona than Chris.

If I had to pick a shocker for tonight I would pick Haley to go home. That would be another mistake on the voters. I still think that Lauren will go home tonight.

Someone said that Scotty will be the one to come out of AI as the star. I do think that Scotty will have a COUNTRY singing contract. However, James and Haley will sell some records in other genres. I actually think that James will out sell several of the previous winners of AI like Chris Allen and Mr. Soul Patrol

In just about 6 hours we will know who is going home

Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well the voters of AI just reminded me as to how old I am. I am so far out of tune with the music scene of today. First Pia is voted off then James. I have no clue as to what the AI audience wants to hear.

For me, now it really does not matter as to who wins the AI contest. I have to like Haley but she is no Pia or James.

I guess I will go back to listening to my 50s-60s and 70s music and forget about trying to get into today’s singers.

I am going to try and find a radio station with Wolf Man Jack!

Reactions: SparkyMaddie
Upvote 0