Converts & AI: Harmless Tool or Stealth Persecutor?

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
AI, spiritually, a blessed time redeemer or the proverbial 'bull in a china shop'? No question, the AI fever pitch is on, asking what’s next is instantly outdated. Stocks skyrocket while consuming areas of culture at an alarming rate. Tech-masters no longer need to warn; 'Stay abreast or you’ll be left behind'. Who cares, AI harassment was never really resolved anyway as it uncontrollably marches towards it's mindset of “, , the greatest force amplifier ever seen”- Time, Ha! AI continues to drag on the watchfulness of the legislator but more importantly, ignores the realities of dis-spiriting the soul of the Gospel’s young convert simply by distraction of the complicit light-bearer.

God the Father, His Lamb and Messenger has spoken to this, saying, “Do not tremble or fear. Have I not told you and declared it long ago? You are My witnesses! Is there any God but Me? There is no other Rock; I know not one.” He is the same yesterday, today and forever.” (Isaiah 44:8, Hebrews 13:8)

But, it is there for us till the very end, where that young convert needs solid nurturing by "
faithful men"(2 Timothy 2:2), not from able men who now label the watchman as "doomerism" that cares for the soul for whom Christ died.

Is this perspective unwarranted?

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
AI, spiritually, a blessed time redeemer or the proverbial 'bull in a china shop'? No question, the AI fever pitch is on, asking what’s next is instantly outdated. Stocks skyrocket while consuming areas of culture at an alarming rate. Tech-masters no longer need to warn; 'Stay abreast or you’ll be left behind'. Who cares, AI harassment was never really resolved anyway as it uncontrollably marches towards it's mindset of “, , the greatest force amplifier ever seen”- Time, Ha! AI continues to drag on the watchfulness of the legislator but more importantly, ignores the realities of dis-spiriting the soul of the Gospel’s young convert simply by distraction of the complicit light-bearer.

God the Father, His Lamb and Messenger has spoken to this, saying, “Do not tremble or fear. Have I not told you and declared it long ago? You are My witnesses! Is there any God but Me? There is no other Rock; I know not one.” He is the same yesterday, today and forever.” (Isaiah 44:8, Hebrews 13:8)

But, it is there for us till the very end, where that young convert needs solid nurturing by "
faithful men"(2 Timothy 2:2), not from able men who now label the watchman as "doomerism" that cares for the soul for whom Christ died.

Is this perspective unwarranted?
Not at all. AI has made the internet untrustable. We need to be formed by trustworthy witnesses who have in turn been formed by trustworthy witnesses. Witness the recently created AI creation of a picture of a pope who was a woman from the Indian subcontinent. Soon enough the AI that created that will be rewriting the history and theology and Scripture available online.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not at all. AI has made the internet untrustable. We need to be formed by trustworthy witnesses who have in turn been formed by trustworthy witnesses. Witness the recently created AI creation of a picture of a pope who was a woman from the Indian subcontinent. Soon enough the AI that created that will be rewriting the history and theology and Scripture available online.

It's one thing to create visuals; it's another thing to actually go back and recreate the Past.

I don't think A.I. will ever be up to that challenge.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It's one thing to create visuals; it's another thing to actually go back and recreate the Past.
Indeed. But when you also control the search engine you get to choose which past people can find.
I don't think A.I. will ever be up to that challenge.
Piece of cake. AI investment is exponential at the moment.

The problem is in the initial programming at the moment, but given time we don’t know how it will optimize itself.

• Agree
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Indeed. But when you also control the search engine you get to choose which past people can find.

Piece of cake. AI investment is exponential at the moment.

The problem is in the initial programming at the moment, but given time we don’t know how it will optimize itself.

I wonder what Arnold Schwarzenegger or Keanu Reeves have to say about it? :D

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Arnold - There goes the neibahood?

No, but seriously now. A.I. would seriously have to take the entire world down an Orwellian path ... it's hard for me to believe no one would notice if it were to do so.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
No, but seriously now. A.I. would seriously have to take the entire world down an Orwellian path ... it's hard for me to believe no one would notice if it were to do so.
Those with oral histories might fare OK, but the West African Griot culture is barely hanging on as it is. Those who rely on actual books might fare OK as long as the paper the books are made from is intact. And people might well notice but not have much power to do anything about it. The Chinese Communists are rewriting the Bible. It's not much of a secret. But when they control what can be printed, eventually, in the long game, the woman caught in adultery is not saved by Jesus but stoned by Jesus. The Bible serves the printers. That's kind of iron clad. And in a paperless society it's just rerouting some electrons. The Orwellian path, even if not as sinister as IngSoc, will be trivially easy given the available computing power and the extent of social media. And it's the soft path to totalitarianism that doesn't even need a human dictator. It could be your friendly AI assistant that curates the news you see and the lessons your children are taught, all of this ever so gently that only rare crazy people would ever think to say it was a lie.

There would be people (or bot-people) right here in CF to challenge the crazy people that thought AI wasn't totally truthful.

• Useful
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those with oral histories might fare OK, but the West African Griot culture is barely hanging on as it is. Those who rely on actual books might fare OK as long as the paper the books are made from is intact. And people might well notice but not have much power to do anything about it. The Chinese Communists are rewriting the Bible. It's not much of a secret. But when they control what can be printed, eventually, in the long game, the woman caught in adultery is not saved by Jesus but stoned by Jesus. The Bible serves the printers. That's kind of iron clad. And in a paperless society it's just rerouting some electrons. The Orwellian path, even if not as sinister as IngSoc, will be trivially easy given the available computing power and the extent of social media. And it's the soft path to totalitarianism that doesn't even need a human dictator. It could be your friendly AI assistant that curates the news you see and the lessons your children are taught, all of this ever so gently that only rare crazy people would ever think to say it was a lie.

There would be people (or bot-people) right here in CF to challenge the crazy people that thought AI wasn't totally truthful.

Seriously? Chinese are rewriting the Bible? I hadn't heard that before. Not that I'm surprised, but I thought they'd go in more for a Fahrenheit 451 approach. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Seriously? Chinese are rewriting the Bible? I hadn't heard that before. Not that I'm surprised, but I thought they'd go in more for a Fahrenheit 451 approach. :rolleyes:
I still use the RSV text as found at honlam.org, which is out of Hong Kong. But some day perhaps it will be a more Xi friendly text? It could be tomorrow or a year from now, or hopefully never.

What worries me about China is the secret deal between the Chinese government and the Vatican. It's STILL a secret. It was negotiated with the help of defrocked molester ex-cardinal McCarrick. It basically forced underground Catholics to join the Communist Party approved version of the Catholic Church. They don't even need AI to feel the boot of the Party, but living behind the great firewall of China they are right up against the Party, and abandoned by Rome.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I still use the RSV text as found at honlam.org, which is out of Hong Kong. But some day perhaps it will be a more Xi friendly text? It could be tomorrow or a year from now, or hopefully never.

What worries me about China is the secret deal between the Chinese government and the Vatican. It's STILL a secret. It was negotiated with the help of defrocked molester ex-cardinal McCarrick. It basically forced underground Catholics to join the Communist Party approved version of the Catholic Church. They don't even need AI to feel the boot of the Party, but living behind the great firewall of China they are right up against the Party, and abandoned by Rome.

It's still a secret? And how did you learn about it?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
  • Informative
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
“Do not tremble or fear. Have I not told you and declared it long ago? You are My witnesses! Is there any God but Me? There is no other Rock; I know not one.”
Elsewhere, I have deemed the AI industry as the last of all myths, possibly, an integral part of the closing of 2 Timothy 4:4, man's last societal fall that would drag everything else down with it. If so, and if the elect while in operation of the gifts and leading of the Holy Spirit to overcome became part of the swarm, would surely signal the season:

“If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened." (Matthew 24:22)​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If our attention is to God, we will not waste unnecessary time on AI, but enough to be wise to it and make sure God is our Resource. Make sure we keep attention and time with God, with good investing.

Don't get tangled up > 2 Timothy 2:4 >

"No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier." (2 Timothy 2:4)

God is quiet, not silent. So, be quiet with Him and we will have His reliable communication and guiding of our attention.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If our attention is to God, we will not waste unnecessary time on AI, but enough to be wise to it and make sure God is our Resource. Make sure we keep attention and time with God, with good investing.

Don't get tangled up > 2 Timothy 2:4 >

"No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier." (2 Timothy 2:4)

God is quiet, not silent. So, be quiet with Him and we will have His reliable communication and guiding of our attention.
True, as He is with us to the bitter, yet victorious end (Matthew 28:20). But I will not go so far as to say a non-entangled struggle will not rise up.

", , great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." (Matthew 24:24) See post #15.​

Upvote 0