Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If our system of capitalism and free enterprise is racist why are so many minorities able to access and prosper by it? Are those white guys at the top not guarding it well enough? :zoro:(White guy on guard duty.)

Last edited:

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,921.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If our system of capitalism and free enterprise is racist why are so many minorities able to access and prosper by it? Are those white guys at the top not guarding it well enough? :zoro:(White guy on guard duty.)

Because minorities tend to be paid less and work more. Generates more profit.

Free market is profit-oriented that's why work is being shifted to 3rd world because people there are easier to exploit for more profits.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If our system of capitalism and free enterprise is racist why are so many minorities able to access and prosper by it?

Wrong question. Should be asking something like : if our system of capitalism and free enterprise is racist why do minorities on average have a worse outcome? Your question tries to convert anecdotes into trends which might or might not exist.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"If our system of capitalism and free enterprise is racist"

Is anybody claiming that it is?

Some on these very forums. :eek:

That the system is rigged against minorities is an oft stated opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It was not conceived and designed to be racist. That is a real oxymoron.

Is the system deliberately controlled to impede the success of women and minorities, is the meaning of the question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Is the system deliberately controlled to impede the success of women and minorities, is the meaning of the question.

Oh, well that's a slightly different question. While 'capitalism' and 'free markets' as systems are agnostic to skin color, actual practices and regulations of the system can be racist, like housing covenants and redlining. This is the fault of our history and society and laws, not capitalism per se.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, well that's a slightly different question. While 'capitalism' and 'free markets' as systems are agnostic to skin color, actual practices and regulations of the system can be racist, like housing covenants and redlining. This is the fault of our history and society and laws, not capitalism per se.

Capitalism "per se" has been attacked as well, as an evil system that exploits minorities, and thus is racist.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Capitalism "per se" has been attacked as well, as an evil system that harms minorities.

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see if any supporters of that idea show up here and present their argument.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see if any supporters of that idea show up here and present their argument.

They might. This thread is a challenge to those very arguments forwarded recently.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

possibletarian

Dec 27, 2016
Peak District
✟33,311.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Can't see how capitalism can be racist, a given society can be biased I suppose giving the impression that any system they reside in is also racist.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Systems typically are not racist, people are.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,921.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I could tell you that although I'm an Asian, I can also look a bit Caucasian and I even have a white Caucasian-sounding name.

I have a business website with my picture and name on it. When I changed my picture to the one where I look more white, believe it or not, I get more potential clients inquiring about me!

I don't think the system is deliberately designed to impede the success of minorities but since people operate it and people can be racists....that's your answer!

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Some people will claim that anything that hurts one race is racist. A few years ago an online bank that issued loans based on credit scores was accused of racism because a higher percentage of black applicants were rejected due to having lower credit scores even though the bank didn't know anyone's race.

Another example - An employer was accused of racial discrimination because they required a high school diploma. They lost the lawsuit and were forced to hire dozens of black people who dropped out of high school, pay them for lost wages, and give them seniority over employees they hired earlier.

Upvote 0