Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't personally know of anyone who has been limited by their parents income. Both of my parents struggled with income. My brother, sister, and I chipped in to pay our father's funeral expenses. Neither his or our mother's financial condition affected any of us in any meaningful way. When I was 21 years old I became a journeyman meat cutter, and made more money than my dad at that time. My mother had life-long mental problems (schizophrenia) and was unable to hold a job. She lived with me in her final days, SSI being her only income (she did pay for her own funeral however).

I can't recall any of my friends who didn't earn more than their parents.

When you were 21, college wasn't the "requirement" that it is today...you could still get decent jobs right out of high school without it...it's a different world out there now.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When you were 21, college wasn't the "requirement" that it is today...you could still get decent jobs right out of high school without it...it's a different world out there now.

True, but there are schools for the trades as well. But my main point is that not everyone is a good fit for college, regardless of resources.

(How were you able to respond to my post before I posted it. If you go back you'll see that I wasn't even finished when you responded. :scratch: This happens a lot.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0