THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever stepped into a party and gotten the shivers?

You just don't feel great being there, so you keep asking yourself, exactly why am I here?

The United States is asking that question a lot these days at this big global party. It is paying for this big global party, but it is hated at this big global party.

Never mind that we pick up the tab for the booze, the food and the party hats. We get the distinct impression the folks for whom we're putting on the shindig don't want us at the shindig.

So here's what I propose: Lets leave the shindig. We'll take the punch bowl and don't forget the party favors. Take them all and leave it all.

Germany doesn't like our troop presence in their country. So let's leave their country.

France complains about our pushy role in NATO. So let's leave NATO.

South Korea gripes about our tough North Korean talk. So let's leave them to fend with North Korea.

Puerto Rico wants us off the island of Vieques. So lets leave Vieques and while we're at it, leave Puerto Rico too.

How different the world would be if the United States weren't busy looking after it.

France, you don't like us doing it? You have a go at it.

Germany, you don't like the way we tackle global bullies? You tackle them.

Belgium, you don't like the way we're pressuring the United Nations? Why don't you pick up the tab to run the U.N.

For too long and for too many we have been too giving. So let's stop playing patsies, stop paying their bills, stop protecting their interests and stop enduring their griping[expletive deleted].

And for what? A slap in the face and a stab in the back.

No more. You don't want us? You won't get us.

And the next time some threat is coming your way, you deal with it.

You're too busy to help look after us? We'll don't be surprised if we don't pick up the phone, when you're desperately wondering, who is going to look after you.

---------------------------------------
Tuesday, February 11, 2003
By Neil Cavuto
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,78294,00.html

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Today at 04:35 PM ikaym said this in Post #43 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=649398#post649398)

Isn't it our duty as Christians to feed the fatherless and the widow? to give food and clothing to those who have not? and come to the aid of the oppressed? I don't remember Jesus defining geographic borders when he said that.

It seems to me we are called to do the right thing both personally and as a country, and the right thing is always to look out for, protect and help our neighbor. The Good Samaritan was of a different race, country and culture, yet he stopped and even spent his own money to help someone else. He very probably did not receive any thanks for it. The only place we should look for approval and thanks is from God.

As individual Christians, yes. As a nation, no. We need to separate the two.

Upvote 0
Today at 09:39 PM TheBear said this in Post #44 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=649406#post649406)

strathyboy,

I am talking about my own country. Your remark, "I am not in favor of withdrawing humanitarian aid.", was in reference to what country, the US or Canada?

If your remark was aimed towards American policy, then my remark stands.

You asked me if I was in favor of withdrawing aid, and from the context I assumed that to mean American aid. I am not in favor of withdrawing American aid. You asked, I answered.
If your remark based on my remark stands, then so does my original remark on which you based your remark on which I based my remark.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
ikaym,

Christianity is based on the individual, one's personal relationship with God, through Jesus Christ. No where in the Gospels do you find Jesus talking about nations, countries, or geo-political boundries.

To the opposite, Jesus spoke of an all inclusive family of brothers and sisters in Him, regardless of where they came from. :)

Upvote 0
Today at 09:38 PM Auntie said this in Post #1 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=649402#post649402)

Have you ever stepped into a party and gotten the shivers?

You just don't feel great being there, so you keep asking yourself, exactly why am I here?

The United States is asking that question a lot these days at this big global party. It is paying for this big global party, but it is hated at this big global party.

Never mind that we pick up the tab for the booze, the food and the party hats. We get the distinct impression the folks for whom we're putting on the shindig don't want us at the shindig.

This probably would have fit in the other thread dedicated to whether America should pull out of world affairs.

Firstly, not every nation or peoples hate the US. It's too bad those who hate the US tend to be the most vocal, however.
Secondly, the article implies that the US is looking out for the good of other nations first and foremost, which is very naive.
Thirdly, the article ignores many actions that would seem to be downright contradictory to what America claims it believes, such as selling weapons of mass destruction to "rogue states", overthrowing governments, and supporting military dictatorships.
Why is it so bad to object to the bad things America does or has done while applauding the good they do? Why must we either applaud both or despise both?

Upvote 0

Lacmeh

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
✟1,156.00
Auntie, please tell me, what purpose have the US troops in Germany?

I am not familiar with the South North Korea situation now, but from the last things I heard, there wans´that much "tough" talk from the US over N. Korea.

Which global bullies does the US tackel? More important, who are the gobal bullies? I don´t think,t hat IRaq can be considered a "gobal bully" considering, that Iraq doesn´t really have that much weight even in Middle East...

And I might remind you, that the US is constantly breaking ratified trade agreements with European countries, for which the US did even get tried and convicted by the WTO. And currently is violating OECD treaties as well.
Guess, that might have a small influence on how the US is viewed in Europe...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 03:58 PM strathyboy said this in Post #52 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=649429#post649429)

This probably would have fit in the other thread dedicated to whether America should pull out of world affairs.

Firstly, not every nation or peoples hate the US. It's too bad those who hate the US tend to be the most vocal, however.
Secondly, the article implies that the US is looking out for the good of other nations first and foremost, which is very naive.
Thirdly, the article ignores many actions that would seem to be downright contradictory to what America claims it believes, such as selling weapons of mass destruction to "rogue states", overthrowing governments, and supporting military dictatorships.
Why is it so bad to object to the bad things America does or has done while applauding the good they do? Why must we either applaud both or despise both?

No one is claiming America is perfect.

What is the definition of a friend/allie???
Do not friends/allies discuss things civily and privately amongst themselves? The way France is behaving, she is no friend to America. Rather, she and Germany embrace Russia. Whatever.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
My point, exaclty!

Why should the standard of conduct be different for political entities than for the individual? We cannot act like spoiled children who threaten to take our ball home if the other kids don't treat us nicely.

The right thing is the right thing.

Most of the world still thinks of the USA as a Christian nation. As such, we have certain responsibilites before God to act like a Christian would act. You could argue that we have left the principles of our forefathers, but I would say that our future depends on how we act right not.

We are called to love on another and to care for those in need. Do you really think God wants us to ignore the rest of the planet?
I think not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Today at 05:21 PM ikaym said this in Post #56 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=649482#post649482)

My point, exaclty!

Why should the standard of conduct be different for political entities than for the individual? We cannot act like spoiled children who threaten to take our ball home if the other kids don't treat us nicely.

The right thing is the right thing.

Most of the world still thinks of the USA as a Christian nation. As such, we have certain responsibilites before God to act like a Christian would act. You could argue that we have left the principles of our forefathers, but I would say that our future depends on how we act right not.

We are called to love on another and to care for those in need. Do you really think God wants us to ignore the rest of the planet?
I think not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me ask this. Would Jesus approve of a communistic country, a dictatorship, a toltalitarian regime?

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Those are very interesting questions.

Would Jesus have been a Capitalist, a Communist or somewhere in between?

Based on Jesuses teachings and what I understand of the early Chuch, I'm inclined to say that Jesus has some pretty stong communist leanings.

Would Jesus aprove of a Dictatorship or a Totolitarian regime? That's really all that existed in the day and age of Jesus, unless I'm mistaken and Rome was still a Republic.

A better question might be, would Jesus approve of the greed and materialism that forms the basis of our society?

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Today at 06:10 PM ACougar said this in Post #61 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=649555#post649555)

Those are very interesting questions.

Would Jesus have been a Capitalist, a Communist or somewhere in between?

Based on Jesuses teachings and what I understand of the early Chuch, I'm inclined to say that Jesus has some pretty stong communist leanings.

Would Jesus aprove of a Dictatorship or a Totolitarian regime? That's really all that existed in the day and age of Jesus, unless I'm mistaken and Rome was still a Republic.

A better question might be, would Jesus approve of the greed and materialism that forms the basis of our society?

I'll play. :)

If what you said is true, that's all the more reason we should withdraw military and humanitarian aid. And get it together at home, first.

But, as you know, greed is not exclusive to America. Greed is a sin that has global ties. So, that agument is a straw man.

As far as a capitalistic society, I think Jesus would approve. :)

Since you jumped in, in the middle of the discussion, tell us what you think about America withdrawing all military and humanitarian aid, and why.

Upvote 0

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Bear I actually had a friend say that. He said, "we should just close the borders and put up a state of the art defense system that would take out any missiles headed our way and let them all fight it out and finish each other off, then we could repopulate the world."

After I picked my chin up off of the ground I gave ample reason why we cannot do that. I like your sarcastic stance here Bear, rock on :)

Edited for another terrible spelling error :/

Upvote 0