• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

America Should Pull Out

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by TheBear, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Serving4Christ

Serving4Christ Humble Servant

+11
    Christian
    humblejoe,

Do you honestly believe if we leave Saddam alone he will just become a natural born leader with great potential that will reform his entire country to become better citizens? I'm just wondering...the man retaliated chemical weapons on his own people!

2. Serving4Christ

+11
    Christian

Didn't we arm Iraq during the Iran/Iraq war many years back only to have them use it against us?  Just a thought!

3. Caedmon

Caedmon kawaii Supporter

+538
    Catholic
    US-Others
    So if we go over and occupy Saddam's palaces, you don't think he'll do the same thing again? This man uses human shields. You don't think he'll hold up his own people up for slaughter if we try to go over there and push him around? Is it right to indirectly bring about the deaths of Saddam's people? Is this an "acceptable" sacrifice of men, women, and children?

4. Serving4Christ

+11
    Christian

Answer to question 1) So if we go over and occupy Saddam's palaces, you don't think he'll do the same thing again?  No, hopefully by that point he will be sitting in a cell next to Bubba!

Answer to question 2) This man uses human shields. You don't think he'll hold up his own people up for slaughter if we try to go over there and push him around?  I do believe he will use his own people as slaughter.  Evidence proves he did it before unprovoked by war, what do you think he will do now?

Answer to question 3) Is it right to indirectly bring about the deaths of Saddam's people?  No, it is not right to Directly bring about the deaths of Saddams people.  Indirectly would assume that there was collateral damage from the operation of trying to remove Saddam, in order to prevent Saddam from using his own people. 

One other note, it's not Saddam's people...They're God's people.  They just haven't been given the opportunity or freedom to make that choice.

Answer to question 4) Is this an "acceptable" sacrifice of men, women, and children? If in the long run, a life can be spared from the brutality of this man's regime, Iraqis can live without fear of retaliation, freedom to live a democracy, freedom to worship openly, or to have a fresh nights sleep without fearing chemical weapons being dropped on them...torture, etc...I guess the answer would be yes. 

My thoughts only. :sigh:

5. Evangelion

Evangelion <b><font size="2">δυνατός</b></font>

+0
    Here's a good one -

Because the Europeans grew up and sorted themselves out. Without resorting to violence, they've managed to settle their differences and merge to form a super-bloc with a single currency - an incredible feat, never seen before in the history of mankind.

And your point was...? :cool:

6. Caedmon

Caedmon kawaii Supporter

+538
    Catholic
    US-Others
    Hmmm, interesting... :cool:

7. Sauron

Sauron Well-Known Member

+6
    Yep.&nbsp; And we have Dubya's father, the elder George Bush, to thank for that.

8. Blindfaith

Blindfaith God's Tornado

+76
    Non-Denom
    I'd like to respectfully ask you not to refer to the President as Dubya. You may not like him, or agree with him, but he is the President, and deserves a modicum of respect such as using his given name.

Thanks.

9. Serving4Christ

+11
    Christian
    &nbsp;:clap: :clap:
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

10. Caedmon

Caedmon kawaii Supporter

+538
    Catholic
    US-Others
    Huh? :confused: Since when is "Dubya" derogatory? I use it to distinguish between the two Georges. I personally use it as a part of friendly banter. If anything, I think the young'n would like the nickname, for its southern flair. :D

11. Evangelion

+0
    Also, it sounds more respectul if you say Mister Dubya. :cool:

12. YouthPastor

YouthPastor Name = Brett

+32
    Christian
    Married
    dubya actually is not a slap against #43 it is a distinguishing name.&nbsp; freinds call him that.

&nbsp;
    This not about SH attacking another country.&nbsp; The gulf war ended because SH signed a cease-fire agreement that said he would disarm and destroy ALL of his weapons of mass distruction and that inspectors would be allowed to oversee and ensure that all were destroyed according to the UN resolutions and the cease-fire agreement.

When inspectors left in'98 he still had WMD and now he will not say where they are, or if he destoyed them or offer proof that they were destoyed.&nbsp;

So it is not about him attacking someone now - It is about him complying with the cease-fire agreement he signed in 1991 that said we would not continue the war on the grounds that the WMD were destroyed an a program was not re-started.&nbsp;

This would be a continuation of the war.&nbsp; He failed to comply so it is not different than if a cese-fire had not been signed.

13. YouthPastor

YouthPastor Name = Brett

+32
    Christian
    Married
    In addition - KUWAIT DOES want us there. THEY DO WANT out protection.

14. Evangelion

+0
    Youth Pastor -

*snip*

I know it's not. That's exactly what I was saying to Wolseley, remember?

Straw man. I never claimed otherwise. :cool:

15. Sauron

Sauron Well-Known Member

+6
    No.

It's the name that his own family calls him, to differentiate from his father and grandfather.&nbsp;The name followed him into office as governor.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, except that it rubs some people the wrong way.

16. Evangelion

+0
    And don't forget the "Mister"! ;)

17. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Member

+0
    How about President Dubya?

18. Evangelion

+0
    That would work. :cool: