• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

America Should Pull Out

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by TheBear, Feb 12, 2003.

1. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

+1,631
    Atheist
    Private
    That's right. America should withdraw military forces from every nation. If a country then becomes overrun with enemy forces, tough! That's their problem. America should cease all humanitarian food supplies. America should cease any and all humanitarian medical supplies.

Let the world, and each nation/state therein, fend for themselves, (or at least without the help of that big, evil America).

There. I said it.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Auntie

Auntie THANK YOU JESUS!!

+603
    Christian
    Married
    Sad to say, but I agree with you. As it is, our taxes are sky high due to tremendous military costs protecting people who despise us. My wages go to pay for the protection and support of people who despise me. Insanity, insanity, by any other name would still be just as crazy.

3. Evangelion

Evangelion <b><font size="2">δυνατός</b></font>

+0
    Great! Let's see those forces withdrawn ASAP. :)

Oh, and just how many countries are relying on America to protect them from being "overrun with enemy forces", pray tell?

As for humanitarian aid - yes, the world can live without America's contribution. Remember that of the time, we're busy trying to squeeze belated UN dues out of her! :cool:

4. Lacmeh

Lacmeh Active Member

+1
    In most cases, the American troops aren´t needed anyways. I guess, the big bad evil threat from communism is gone, so Western Europe is pretty safe from any big time invasion. Philippines and Japan are pretty safe for the foreseeable future, too.
    And I don´t really think, that Cuba would go to the US for help...

5. strathyboy

strathyboy Active Member

+1
    Why must American support be a "complete package"? That is, why can America not merely satisfy itself with humanitarian efforts and aid? Why must all nations accept all American military involvement as well?

In the end, though, what you propose might be a good solution. The list of nations angry with the US for NOT helping them is a short one.

6. Auntie

Auntie THANK YOU JESUS!!

+603
    Christian
    Married
    I hope that the anti-Americans will continue to add their comments to this thread, the more the better.

I also hope America will stop exporting American goods and services, and ESPECIALLY STOP importing products from other countries. I can't even buy a decent bottle of apple juice, without seeing the words "made with concentrates from Germany", etc. America has enough apples of her own, thank you, we don't need apples from European countries. I say, America should put an end to propping up the economies of other countries.

7. seebs

seebs God Made Me A Skeptic

+1,462
    Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    I'm personally against isolationism. Imagine how much cheaper WWII would have been for America if we'd gone in early, instead of delaying and delaying. You can't ignore the world forever.

Furthermore, all those economies we're "propping up" are lowering our costs and helping our economy. Trade is almost always a win-win situation; there are exceptions, but they're not especially common.

8. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

+1,631
    Atheist
    Private
    FYI, the US provides over 60% of the world's humanitarian food supply.

Also, I want all our troops home now. Let the world events unfold as they will. Let the chips fall where they may.

9. Lacmeh

Lacmeh Active Member

+1
    Auntie, do you realize, that nowadays no economy can support itself without outside influence?
    Where do you think you will get the raw materials from for production? They are all imported from third world countries.
    Close the trade and borders to Mexico and you won´t have enough blood donations to produce the required quantities of blood plasma products.
    Close the borders and trade to Europe and you won´t have enough medications for about ten years at least.
    BTW despite tariffs on European steel, it is highly sought after in the US, makes one think about the quality of US steel.
    You won´t be able to produce cars, planes, trains for about ten to twenty years without trade.

Is it offending to you, that pointing out, that the permanent military presence of US troops si not really needed in most countries they are now stationed?

10. strathyboy

strathyboy Active Member

+1
    Within weeks, the American economy would take the biggest nose dive in history, and I think you know that.

11. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

+1,631
    Atheist
    Private
    And, let another country facilitate and foot the bill for the almost useless UN.

12. Michael0701

Michael0701 Harley Ridin' Believer!!

+6
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Well I guess we could kiss Israel goodbye then.

Yes, there is a lot to be said about isolationism. Recent history has certianly made me feel the same way. A good compromise might be that private donations could go anywhere they please but tax dollars would have to stay here. We could build up our ballistic missle program, close our borders to any and all immigration. Put a wall/fence along our southern border. Do the same for our northern border. Drill our wells in the gulf and up north in Alaska. Rebuild our factories and put ourselves back to work. And if anyone provokes us, hit them with the biggest stick we can carry. As far fetched as it all sounds to me the collapse of NATO and the UN may be the straw that breaks the eagles back.&nbsp;

13. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

+1,631
    Atheist
    Private
    I am not talking about isolationism. I support international trade.

But, if the world thinks so bad of America, let's just see what happens when we withdrawl all troops, and stop all humanitarian aid and charitable donations.

14. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

+1,631
    Atheist
    Private
    Sorry, Israel. You are on your own now.

15. strathyboy

strathyboy Active Member

+1
    So then you refuse to give humanitarian aid and charitable donations without being allowed to send troops wherever you wish?

16. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

+1,631
    Atheist
    Private
  17. strathyboy

strathyboy Active Member

+1
  18. seebs

seebs God Made Me A Skeptic

+1,462
    Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
  19. Lacmeh

Lacmeh Active Member

+1
    TheBear, it´s quite simple. If you want to be a part of the UN, sit in the Security council and want to have a veto, you should pay the bills according to the agreed and ratified pacts. (Membership fees, not the money for UN soldier operations)

Please tell, me,. TheBear, in which countries are US soldiers (not members of UN troops) stationed and which countries are in the foreseeable future threatend to be invaded militarily. In short, which countries are protected by US soldiers from immideate or in short future foreseeable harm?

20. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

+1,631
    Atheist
    Private
    strathyboy,

Please don't reduce this to personal attacks.

Thanks.