Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's right. America should withdraw military forces from every nation. If a country then becomes overrun with enemy forces, tough! That's their problem. America should cease all humanitarian food supplies. America should cease any and all humanitarian medical supplies.

Let the world, and each nation/state therein, fend for themselves, (or at least without the help of that big, evil America).

There. I said it.

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sad to say, but I agree with you. As it is, our taxes are sky high due to tremendous military costs protecting people who despise us. My wages go to pay for the protection and support of people who despise me. Insanity, insanity, by any other name would still be just as crazy.

Upvote 0

Evangelion

<b><font size="2">δυνατός</b></font>
Great! Let's see those forces withdrawn ASAP. :)

Oh, and just how many countries are relying on America to protect them from being "overrun with enemy forces", pray tell?

As for humanitarian aid - yes, the world can live without America's contribution. Remember that of the time, we're busy trying to squeeze belated UN dues out of her! :cool:

Upvote 0

Lacmeh

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
✟1,156.00
In most cases, the American troops aren´t needed anyways. I guess, the big bad evil threat from communism is gone, so Western Europe is pretty safe from any big time invasion. Philippines and Japan are pretty safe for the foreseeable future, too.
And I don´t really think, that Cuba would go to the US for help...

Upvote 0

strathyboy

Jan 30, 2002
Visit site
✟1,376.00
Today at 07:42 PM TheBear said this in Post #1 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=649113#post649113)

That's right. America should withdraw military forces from every nation. If a country then becomes overrun with enemy forces, tough! That's their problem. America should cease all humanitarian food supplies. America should cease any and all humanitarian medical supplies.

Let the world, and each nation/state therein, fend for themselves, (or at least without the help of that big, evil America).

There. I said it.

Why must American support be a "complete package"? That is, why can America not merely satisfy itself with humanitarian efforts and aid? Why must all nations accept all American military involvement as well?

In the end, though, what you propose might be a good solution. The list of nations angry with the US for NOT helping them is a short one.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope that the anti-Americans will continue to add their comments to this thread, the more the better.

I also hope America will stop exporting American goods and services, and ESPECIALLY STOP importing products from other countries. I can't even buy a decent bottle of apple juice, without seeing the words "made with concentrates from Germany", etc. America has enough apples of her own, thank you, we don't need apples from European countries. I say, America should put an end to propping up the economies of other countries.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm personally against isolationism. Imagine how much cheaper WWII would have been for America if we'd gone in early, instead of delaying and delaying. You can't ignore the world forever.

Furthermore, all those economies we're "propping up" are lowering our costs and helping our economy. Trade is almost always a win-win situation; there are exceptions, but they're not especially common.

Upvote 0

Lacmeh

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
✟1,156.00
Auntie, do you realize, that nowadays no economy can support itself without outside influence?
Where do you think you will get the raw materials from for production? They are all imported from third world countries.
Close the trade and borders to Mexico and you won´t have enough blood donations to produce the required quantities of blood plasma products.
Close the borders and trade to Europe and you won´t have enough medications for about ten years at least.
BTW despite tariffs on European steel, it is highly sought after in the US, makes one think about the quality of US steel.
You won´t be able to produce cars, planes, trains for about ten to twenty years without trade.

Is it offending to you, that pointing out, that the permanent military presence of US troops si not really needed in most countries they are now stationed?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael0701

Harley Ridin' Believer!!
Nov 13, 2002
Tax Free Delaware!!
Visit site
✟8,417.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well I guess we could kiss Israel goodbye then.

Yes, there is a lot to be said about isolationism. Recent history has certianly made me feel the same way. A good compromise might be that private donations could go anywhere they please but tax dollars would have to stay here. We could build up our ballistic missle program, close our borders to any and all immigration. Put a wall/fence along our southern border. Do the same for our northern border. Drill our wells in the gulf and up north in Alaska. Rebuild our factories and put ourselves back to work. And if anyone provokes us, hit them with the biggest stick we can carry. As far fetched as it all sounds to me the collapse of NATO and the UN may be the straw that breaks the eagles back.&nbsp;

Upvote 0
Today at 08:40 PM TheBear said this in Post #13 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=649263#post649263)

I am not talking about isolationationism. I support international trade.

But, if the world thinks so bad of America, let's just see what happens when we withdrawl all troops, and stop all humanitarian aid and charitable donations.

So then you refuse to give humanitarian aid and charitable donations without being allowed to send troops wherever you wish?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Lacmeh

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
✟1,156.00
TheBear, it´s quite simple. If you want to be a part of the UN, sit in the Security council and want to have a veto, you should pay the bills according to the agreed and ratified pacts. (Membership fees, not the money for UN soldier operations)

Please tell, me,. TheBear, in which countries are US soldiers (not members of UN troops) stationed and which countries are in the foreseeable future threatend to be invaded militarily. In short, which countries are protected by US soldiers from immideate or in short future foreseeable harm?

Upvote 0