Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If you had the chance to speak with one Biblical person (except Jesus), who would it be and why?
I apologize for the late reply. I would like to talk to the Apostle John. I want to know why he was called the beloved disciple and what it was like to walk with and talk with Jesus. I'd also have questions about the other disciples and the early church.

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Were you born in Ireland or of Irish descent?

P.s. I like the quote you have at the bottom of your page. I hadn't heard that one before. I think Luther said so much insight.
Thanks! Luther had a lot of interesting things to say. I was not born in Ireland but a few of my ancestors were Irish and I was in the country for a couple of weeks. A lovely place filled with interested people and beautiful countryside. I was actually schedule to move over there to work alongside a church planter but a lot happened and in the end I was unable to go.

Upvote 0

Ubuntu

wayfaring stranger
Mar 7, 2012
✟33,907.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I apologize for the late reply. I would like to talk to the Apostle John. I want to know why he was called the beloved disciple and what it was like to walk with and talk with Jesus. I'd also have questions about the other disciples and the early church.

No problem, this isn't the most active section of the forum...

What's the worst gift you've ever received?

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No problem, this isn't the most active section of the forum...

What's the worst gift you've ever received?
Yikes...that one is hard. Probably a gift certificate to a nail salon. I realize many women would love something like that but it's just not my cup of tea. It was a sweet thought but just not practical for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Travelers.Soul

Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Places or sites you would like to see in the world?
It may just be easier to list the countries I would like to explore rather than give a detailed list.
Countries I would like to explore or return to:
England
Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Israel
Turkey
South Korea
Japan
Australia
New Zealand
Germany
France
Spain
Norway
Nagaland
Perhaps Egypt and Jordan
....So basically Europe, parts of the Middle East, and Asia. My list is ever growing so I am sure I will add more countries as I go.

Favourite movie(s)?
I think the only genre I do not like is horror. I refuse to watch horror movies.
Jane Eyre(BBC 2006)
Pride and Prejudice (BBC 1995)
Persuasion (1995)
North and South (BBC 2004)
Beauty and the Beast (Disney)
Whisper of the Heart (Studio Ghibli)
Star Wars (4-6)
Star Trek (the newer movies 2009 and up though I have a soft spot for the older movies)
Bourne Identity series
Lord of the Rings/ the Hobbit series
Most of the newer marvel comic movies (Thor, Iron Man, etc.)
Dil Bole Hadippa
La Belle et la Bete (2014)
I think you get the idea.

Historical people who have influenced your life the most?
Corrie Ten Boom
Elisabeth Elliot
William Carey
J. Hudson Taylor
Charles Spurgeon
Athanasius of Alexander
Augustine of Hippo

Reactions: Goodbook
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Travelers.Soul

Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What has been your worst date?
And your best or most ideal date? Where did or would you go on this date?

The worst date I was ever on was a blind date. One of my family members thought it would be a good idea to set me up with a Christian guy they knew but it turned into a disaster. The guy invaded my personal space even when I made it clear it made me uncomfortable, dumped all of his emotional issues on me, and repeatedly looked me over like I was a steak he was about to buy. To make matters worse I had an errand after our lunch date which I foolishly mentioned to him. He then proceeded to tag along uninvited. The date that should have been an hour turned into a 3 to 4 hour ordeal. My relatives finally had to step in before I could get rid of him.

I hate to say it but I haven't had any "good" dates. I've had awkward dates and bad dates but none that I would consider good. I am sure I am partially to blame for that.

Ideal date...maybe something fun but low key. It would depend on how well I knew the gentleman. It could be something as simple as coffee, exploring a bookshop, attending a festival, or going to the zoo. I know one of the towns I used to live in had plays from Shakespeare that they performed in the park, I always thought that would be something fun to do. If I knew the guy well then a picnic would be fun or stargazing. I'm not a hard to please person I just don't like the typical dinner and movie sort of thing though they have there place.

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Lol.
Oh another random question. What do you have for breakfast?

Oh...well that depends. I love breakfast foods and will eat them for any meal. What I choose to eat varies depending on my mood and the time of the year. Some mornings I eat cereal or oat meal. Other mornings I eat french toast or muffins. Then other times I have a more traditional style breakfast of biscuits, gravy, eggs, and bacon. During the winter I like to eat fried apples and biscuits. I have also been known to eat fried taters (potatoes) and eggs for breakfast. I like most, if not all breakfast food. :ahah:

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That's a good song. What's your favorite color and flower?
My favorite color is blue and my favorite flower is probably the peony.

carousel-1.jpg

Reactions: TheoNewstoss
Upvote 0