Atlanta
✟21,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Long story short, I'm 17, I'll be 18 in 7 months.

My grandma prayed for my mom to get pregnant with me, but at the time my mom didn't know.

So at the time, she was with my now-stepdad, who has been in my life ever since I was 3, and my biological dad left the year prior.

Here is the kicker: my mom broke up with my stepdad to get with my real dad, and she says that was a huge mistake.

3 years later, I was born.

And 17 years later, her and my biological dad are not together, my now-stepdad has taught me everything about being a man, and he has been in my life since I was 3.

Add on to that, my mom says that my biological dad and his family are not good people, and their genetics are not as good. And it shows in me too.

So, am I actually a huge mistake? I feel really guilty about this if this is the case. I dunno if I can continue living if I am. Thanks!

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

My grandma prayed for my mom to get pregnant with me, but at the time my mom didn't know.

So at the time, she was with my now-stepdad, who has been in my life ever since I was 3, and my biological dad left the year prior.

Here is the kicker: my mom broke up with my stepdad to get with my real dad, and she says that was a huge mistake.

And 17 years later, her and my biological dad are not together, my now-stepdad has taught me everything about being a man, and he has been in my life since I was 3.

Add on to that, my mom says that my biological dad and his family are not good people, and their genetics are not as good. And it shows in me too.

So, am I actually a huge mistake? I feel really guilty about this if this is the case. I dunno if I can continue living if I am. Thanks!
You are definitely not a mistake brother. God knitted you when you were in your mother's womb as it says in the Bible. God loves you so much and Jesus is always with you. God doesn't make mistakes so therefore you can't be a mistake. God bless you

Upvote 0

Chris04

Aug 6, 2021
Atlanta
✟21,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are definitely not a mistake brother. God knitted you when you were in your mother's womb as it says in the Bible. God loves you so much and Jesus is always with you. God doesn't make mistakes so therefore you can't be a mistake. God bless you

Thank you. I really needed to hear this. I was struggling really hard tonight, it's just ridiculous.

God bless you, and the other person who commented. Y'all have really helped.

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2012
✟14,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Its impossible to measure the size of a person's heart or the value of their DNA & genes. Only God knows these things.

People are entitled to their opinions but what they think and say doesn't define you.

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. I really needed to hear this. I was struggling really hard tonight, it's just ridiculous.

God bless you, and the other person who commented. Y'all have really helped.
I am glad that I could help. God bless you

Upvote 0

AK1982

All things ... through HIM who strengthens!
Sep 26, 2019
Netherlands
✟29,012.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
am I actually a huge mistake?

No, you are not! You just didn't happen, you are made!

You are a heritage, a fruit of the womb, a reward from above, irrespective of how the recipient feels about it. (Psalm 127:3 - Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward)

The story of "you" began much before your mom & dad's decision. Long before GOD laid down earth's foundations, HE had you in mind! How wonderful is that?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

No, your not a mistake. "Unplanned" from your mother's point of view, but unplanned is never a mistake.

My own son was unplanned, and I wouldn't trade him for anything, he's my boy and I love him to the moon and back! :)

From God's point of view, however, you were definitely planned, wanted, and known before the foundation of the world... and He chose and planned life for you.

So make that life something wonderful and know that you are loved... :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

NO! You are not a mistake!

Your mother doesn't know your biological fathers DNA. And I don't think DNA determines a person's character. God doesn't see you as a mistake. No one is better than you. Your mother was probably stressed and just blurted that out. People under severe stress say ridiculous things.

Most of my life my older sister told me I was stupid. It destroyrd my self-esteem. But I not only forgave her; I finally understood that my mother thought my sister could take over some of my mother's responsibilities of cooking and cleaning especially when my mother put three of us children (we were by her ex-husband) in an apartment and we couldn't enter the house where she and our stepfather lived with their two children. My sister treated me like I was incompetent even after I was married. But then she had cancer and my husband and I had moved away to another state. I went to the hospital to visit her. I couldn't stay. But I phoned her often and one day she said, "I love you." Sadly she passed away at age 45.

As you go through life try not to rebel against your mother. It creates more friction. Both of my sisters rebelled and it only made things worse.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome to CF! It is God's will that you are in this world. You have your own life to live and you are responsible for your own actions. No amount of genetics will change that. Blessings.

• Friendly
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

A mistake? Not a chance. No one is conceived and born except God intends that they should be. As has already been said, God does not make mistakes. You are an incredibly precious creation, made by God in His image, a creature eternal, fashioned to know God as Father and King. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Psalm 139:13-16
13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
God brings good out of bad. Even if your mother’s relationship with your father wasn’t good, you are a good result of it. I don’t believe in bad genetics. There are lots of good kids with bad parents, and bad kids with good parents.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,982.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, you are not a mistake.

God determined the time and place of your birth:
-“And he made from one man every race of men to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted epochs and the fixed boundaries of the places where they would live;” (Acts 17:26)

He formed you:
-“For You formed my innermost parts; You knit me [together] in my mother’s womb” Psa 139:13
-“Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?” Mal 2;10

He gives you life each day:
-“This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psa 118:24)
-“The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.” Job 33:4
"I will put ligaments on you, place muscles on you, and cover you with skin. I will put breath in you, and you will live. Then you will know that I am Yahweh." Eze 37:6

He has a plan for each one:
-“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” Jer 29:11
-“And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, for those who are called according to his purpose,” Rom 8:28
-“who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time eternal,” II Tim 1:9

Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟402,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican

Let no foreigner who is bound to the LORD say, “The LORD will surely exclude me from his people.” And let no eunuch complain, “I am only a dry tree.”
Isaiah 56:3

The reason I quoted that is because you asked if you are a mistake and flawed due to genetics. The above verse is God's answer in the old testament to people that were not Jewish who thought less of themselves because of their genetics. That is why I felt God put that verse on my heart to encourage you with

He goes on to say,
'For this is what the Lord says:

“To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths,
who choose what pleases me
and hold fast to my covenant—
5 to them I will give within my temple and its walls
a memorial and a name
better than sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
that will endure forever.
"'

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Parents and parents-to-be make mistakes. If those mistakes result in children, the children are not mistakes. They are people with intrinsic value.

Upvote 0

Chris04

Aug 6, 2021
Atlanta
✟21,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God brings good out of bad. Even if your mother’s relationship with your father wasn’t good, you are a good result of it. I don’t believe in bad genetics. There are lots of good kids with bad parents, and bad kids with good parents.

This is putting my mind more at ease now. Thank you so much.

Upvote 0

Chris04

Aug 6, 2021
Atlanta
✟21,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Parents and parents-to-be make mistakes. If those mistakes result in children, the children are not mistakes. They are people with intrinsic value.

Yes, thank you so much. I'm feeling much much better with all these replies.

Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0

Chris04

Aug 6, 2021
Atlanta
✟21,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let no foreigner who is bound to the LORD say, “The LORD will surely exclude me from his people.” And let no eunuch complain, “I am only a dry tree.”
Isaiah 56:3

The reason I quoted that is because you asked if you are a mistake and flawed due to genetics. The above verse is God's answer in the old testament to people that were not Jewish who thought less of themselves because of their genetics. That is why I felt God put that verse on my heart to encourage you with

He goes on to say,
'For this is what the Lord says:

“To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths,
who choose what pleases me
and hold fast to my covenant—
5 to them I will give within my temple and its walls
a memorial and a name
better than sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
that will endure forever.
"'

Yes, thank you so very much. This was a very good answer, and I will really remember this quote. Really helped put my mind at ease about this. God bless.

Upvote 0