Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the start point of demons being absolutely real, I can understand you conclusion... it's the explanation that seems completely internally inconsistent.

What part was inconsistent?

(While UFO cults are real... they are vastly out numbered by cults that claim to be connected to Christianity in some bizarre occult way.)

People can form a cult around anything but taking ideas from major faiths like Christianity, Judaism or Islam no doubt appeals to many. They are known and established, it gives them some credence or a starting point that they build their own religion on.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟924,597.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
What part was inconsistent?

Real supernatural entities with an interest in promoting cults and lack of care for truth or free will have no justification not to be blatant and obvious, rather than being indistinguishable from not existing.

People can form a cult around anything but taking ideas from major faiths like Christianity, Judaism or Islam no doubt appeals to many. They are known and established, it gives them some credence or a starting point that they build their own religion on.
I agree.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I don't know, ask those who believe they have had witnessed alien sightings.

The point is if you believe in the demonic and believe they can look different ways then there is a possibility for them to appear as aliens. I don't see what is so outlandish about that. -Unless you don't believe in the existence of Satan and demons which would go against your own church teachings.

Occam's Razor would suggest that the most likely scenario is that the people who claim such "alien sightings" are either confused about what they saw, or are lying.

The optimist in me would say most people simply are confused. The pessimist in me would say they're just straight up lying.

No side of me assumes that they actually saw aliens, let alone demons.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Occam's Razor would suggest that the most likely scenario is that the people who claim such "alien sightings" are either confused about what they saw, or are lying.

The optimist in me would say most people simply are confused. The pessimist in me would say they're just straight up lying.

No side of me assumes that they actually saw aliens, let alone demons.

-CryptoLutheran

And as I think I have stated twice if not three times on this thread, delusions and lies are very probable, but since demons are real I do not simply rule out that possibility, particularly for those people who already believe in aliens. You think Satan had no hand in that mass Heaven Gates suicide? Satan and demons will use whatever they see as an gateway to attack a persons particular weakness.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
And as I think I have stated twice if not three times on this thread, delusions and lies are very probable, but since demons are real I do not simply rule out that possibility, particularly for those people who already believe in aliens. You think Satan had no hand in that mass Heaven Gates suicide? Satan and demons will use whatever they see as an gateway to attack a persons particular weakness.

I think the devil is a bit more subtle.

The devil isn't hiding in alien sightings, Harry Potter, or baphomet statues. The devil doesn't come cosplaying as a Greek Satyr, but masquerades as an angel of light.

The devil's lies are in the power we give to silly things that drive us to fear and superstition; and worse that we begin to confuse fear and superstition with reverence to God and faith.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,411.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think the devil is a bit more subtle.

The devil isn't hiding in alien sightings, Harry Potter, or baphomet statues. The devil doesn't come cosplaying as a Greek Satyr, but masquerades as an angel of light.

The devil's lies are in the power we give to silly things that drive us to fear and superstition; and worse that we begin to confuse fear and superstition with reverence to God and faith.

-CryptoLutheran

If this Satan is so subtle and clever how come
people were able to figure him out?

Also he seems like really inept, for a Master of
The Universe.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The Universe
Master of the Universe? When did he get promoted ?

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You make a good point. We should be eating far more species that we do.

"Overreliance on too few varieties and species is leaving the food system unnecessarily exposed to shocks and stresses, as well as neglecting a high-impact solution to major health, environmental and food security challenges,"
Just a Few Species Make Up Most of Earth's Food Supply. And That's a Problem | Smart News | Smithsonian Magazine

Except those commonly eaten animals are called domestic livestock, and they are bred and raised for food, and don’t affect wildlife populations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟924,597.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Except those commonly eaten animals are called domestic livestock, and they are bred and raised for food, and don’t affect wildlife populations.
Except we need to remove environments for other species to make more room for our domestic breeds.

(This applies to domestic plants as well).

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except we need to remove environments for other species to make more room for our domestic breeds.

(This applies to domestic plants as well).

That’s happening more from expansion of living space for humans than farm/ranch land, I would say.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Shemjaza
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,411.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,411.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship

They profoundly affect wildlife.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

The Universe.

Nice He-Man reference.

The idea that the devil is really powerful is an erroneous view. The devil is just a creature, no different than you or me. The devil isn't the evil counterpart to God, God has no counterpart. The devil doesn't have great power. On the contrary, according to orthodox Christian teaching the devil is already defeated, chained up, and waiting his final sentencing.

The devil is a liar. That's it. He lies.

In my own Lutheran tradition our most famous hymn is one written by Martin Luther himself called A Mighty Fortress, and in one of the stanzas we read "one little word shall fell him" speaking of the devil.

Lots of people have extrapolated what the "one little word" is, but Luther himself writes that the "one little word" that slays the devil is the word "liar". Call the devil a liar to his face (so to speak) and he is shown to be the impotent, powerless, underwhelming snake that he is.

Luther also joked about chasing the devil away with his farts.

So you're right, the devil is really inept.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,411.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nice He-Man reference.

The idea that the devil is really powerful is an erroneous view. The devil is just a creature, no different than you or me. The devil isn't the evil counterpart to God, God has no counterpart. The devil doesn't have great power. On the contrary, according to orthodox Christian teaching the devil is already defeated, chained up, and waiting his final sentencing.

The devil is a liar. That's it. He lies.

In my own Lutheran tradition our most famous hymn is one written by Martin Luther himself called A Mighty Fortress, and in one of the stanzas we read "one little word shall fell him" speaking of the devil.

Lots of people have extrapolated what the "one little word" is, but Luther himself writes that the "one little word" that slays the devil is the word "liar". Call the devil a liar to his face (so to speak) and he is shown to be the impotent, powerless, underwhelming snake that he is.

Luther also joked about chasing the devil away with his farts.

So you're right, the devil is really inept.

-CryptoLutheran

So many things known about something
with all the characteristics of
that which is completely nonexistent.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
So many things known about something
with all the characteristics of
that which is completely nonexistent.

I'm not claiming empirical knowledge of anything; merely presenting the historical view of the Christian faith. If you ask me religious questions I'm going to give religious answers.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0