Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,338.00
Faith
Atheist
I am willing to improve but his intention could be just to mock and he does not really care if I had spoken properly because even if I did he might speak something else against my post just to show enmity to me for my commitment to share my faith to use any behaviour I have done before against me which shows my character was deficient and I see it says in your profile you are a skeptic so you may be doing same.
Mock? Naw. If you can't be bothered to communicate properly, I can't be bothered to take you seriously. Communicating probably is basic respect for your interlocutors.

Oh. If you don't want to talk to nonbelievers, this board has a Christians-only section.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,435.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am willing to improve but his intention could be just to mock and he does not really care if I had spoken properly because even if I did he might speak something else against my post just to show enmity to me for my commitment to share my faith to use any behaviour I have done before against me which shows my character was deficient and I see it says in your profile you are a skeptic so you may be doing same.

Its nothing personal.
Enmity to csharing your faith? Good grief.
No.

Its very simple.
If you wish to communicate, then do ypur part and apply
some discipline to it. Dont carelessly make it hard to read
with sloppy writing.

Its like following traffic rules to everyones benefit. Drive
however you happen to feel like driving, someone will
honk their horn. Already 3 times here, someone honked.

This is third time.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Or, it could be that - in their different ways - members are seeking to advise you that long, rambling sentences,with warped grammar, that makes them difficult to understand, detract from your message. You may have something interesting to say. At present it is difficult to see that because we run into the roadblock of your writing style.
Please understand that comments designed to encourage you to improve the clarity of your writing are not an attack on your character. On the contrary, they represent respect for your character and a willingness to assist you to get your message across. I suspect I shall disagree with your message, but I should like that to be for sound reasons, not because I have found aspects of your writing to be problematic.

• Agree
Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,961.00
Faith
Atheist
Alien theories are rubbish which can be created by imagination of unfaithful people which I was as I was curious to believe that perhaps there is some knowledge we can find out that is not in the bible.
Calling 'alien theories' rubbish may be satisfying in a childish way, but it is not an argument against either aliens or alien theories.

If you're trying to say they're rubbish because they're not in the bible, I'd suggest the bible has far more mentions of intelligent non-human entities that are not from Earth than it does of electronic devices and the internet, which are clearly not rubbish.

To not trust God to have revealed everything that we are called to know that we need to know that will happen on earth in bible is wrong.
Well, that's obviously true if what 'we need to know' is defined by what's in the bible. But that would be a circular argument. As it happens, there are plenty of things we have discovered that are not in the bible but are important to improving the well-being and flourishing of humanity, such as the germ theory of disease, antibiotics and vaccines.

It is wrong to be drawn by seducing spirits to allow one to be persuaded by other ideas that one believes could be that one believes could be possibly biblical though not explained clearly.
Talking of 'not explained clearly', you probably knew what you meant to say here, but that meaning didn't make it out into that sentence - it's both ungrammatical and incoherent...

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,775.00
Faith
Christian
The bible details that the earth is made for man to have dominion over it. It is for man to study that is mentioned in bible so is useful but is not a scientific manual but a book given to give knowledge to man about His creator and what he needs to know and what is expected of him to live with Him. If aliens exist and we’re sent of God in order for persons to know they are from God I would think He would mention it so they know what to expect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Errors in Post 322 marked in red.

"Its nothing personal.
Enmity to csharing your faith? Good grief.
No.

Its very simple.
If you wish to communicate, then do ypur part and apply
some discipline to it. Dont carelessly make it hard to read
with sloppy writing.

Its like following traffic rules to everyones benefit. Drive
however you happen to feel like driving, someone will
honk their horn. Already 3 times here, someone honked.

This is third time."

Romans 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

• Haha
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,961.00
Faith
Atheist
... If aliens exist and we’re sent of God in order for persons to know they are from God I would think He would mention it so they know what to expect.
Firstly it's worth distinguishing between alien life and intelligent alien life - the former is far more likely than the latter. Secondly, given that intelligent alien life is likely to be literally astronomically remote, beyond practical means of communication, any sensible god that wanted to be known to them would make separate arrangements for them.

But given that even after over 2,000 years less than a third of the population nominally follow the Christian God, and many of those differ over what that means, it looks like He's not that bothered; perhaps the novelty has worn off... ;)

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,775.00
Faith
Christian
If there were other alien life He could have separate arrangements for them now as necessary so you are right not to mention them but He did not have to He could explain to them there are other created things under heaven that later would be known at end.

Actually God is the same yesterday today and forever people may change but His word never changes His truth never changes and His character which is merciful to any living person. It is everyone who is responsible to repent and have a love for the truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,435.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The bible details that the earth is made for man to have dominion over it. It is for man to study that is mentioned in bible so is useful but is not a scientific manual but a book given to give knowledge to man about His creator and what he needs to know and what is expected of him to live with Him. If aliens exist and we’re sent of God in order for persons to know they are from God I would think He would mention it so they know what to expect.

Sent " of" God?

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,961.00
Faith
Atheist
If there were other alien life He could have separate arrangements for them now as necessary so you are right not to mention them but He did not have to He could explain to them there are other created things in heaven that later would be known at end.
By most definitions, He could do literally anything, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Actually God is the same yesterday today and forever people may change but His word never changes His truth never changes and His character which is merciful to any living person.
Your unchanging God is reminiscent of Spinoza's deterministic God-as-nature; sans intellect, sans will. Basically a set of unchanging rules, i.e. physical laws, being implemented.

It is everyone who is responsible to repent and have a love for the truth.
As I said elsewhere, religious truth is a form of coherence truth, involving consistency with an (arbitrary) set of beliefs. It has no necessary connection, application, value, or relation to truth outside of that worldview.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
To not trust God to have revealed everything that we are called to know that we need to know that will happen on earth in bible is wrong.

Pretty sure the Bible didn't give us a heads-up regarding indoor plumbing, nuclear physics, or the location of the best ham and mutz sandwich on Earth (M & P Biancamano's in Hoboken, NJ, btw) -- could be that the Bible didn't want to include too many spoilers...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If there were other alien life He could have separate arrangements for them now as necessary so you are right not to mention them but He did not have to He could explain to them there are other created things in heaven that later would be known at end.

And it could be that He chose not to explain it to them just as He chose not to explain it to us.

Consider the following possibility:

On the other side of the galaxy is an inhabited planet called "Snorflex" (Actually, its true name is unpronouncable, as Snorflexians have four mouths and eight tongues, but "Snorflex" will do).

Now, assuming that God loves all His children, it stands to reason that He loves the Snorflexians as much as he loves us: no more, no less. So just as He sent His only begotten Son to us, He sent Him to the Snorflexians as well. And just as He came to us fully divine and fully human, He was there, fully divine, and fully Snorflexian.

So "Jesus Christ," under a Snorflexian name (which would give you a hernia if you tried to pronounce it) appeared and ministered to the Snorflexians as one of them, reconciling them with God the Father.

Why not? And while we're at it, since God is in no way bound by the limits of time or space, Jesus could have walked among the Snorflexians at the exact same time he was ministering in ancient Israel... After all, as miracles go, how hard is it to be in two places at once?

And why don't we know any of this? Because what happens with the Snorflexians has no impact whatsoever on our salvation... and vice versa. Why burden us with unnecessary things?

Actually God is the same yesterday today and forever people may change but His word never changes His truth never changes and His character which is merciful to any living person. It is everyone who is responsible to repent and have a love for the truth.

And that applies to humans and Snorflexians alike, right?

Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
There are some Jewish traditions that write the word God with the o crossed out, as their belief is if they write the actual word, and it is later destroyed/erased, then that is sinful, so they write a 'close-enough' version so if it ends up being erased it's okay.
Or Adonai or Hashem.

Upvote 0