Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
How do we know that time has always passed at the same rate ???
Agreed, or that what has passed at one rate from one point of view is the same as from another. We already know that travel changes the time passed for the traveler compared to the 'stationary' object/ person.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Good point. In order for time to be calculated properly the "clock" must be set at zero and move on from there. There is no universal clock ... when time began from a scientific point a view is simply what one believes/theorized not factual .... there is no way of proving it.

Relativity, Einstein determined that time is relative—in other words, the rate at which time passes depends on your frame of reference. That frame of reference can be anything you decide it to be.

Einstein also said time is an illusion

Albert Einstein once wrote: People like us who believe in physics know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion. Time, in other words, he said, is an illusion. Many physicists since have shared this view, that true reality is timeless.

Without planet earth how would time be measured? What would be the frame of reference?
Agreed. And yet I have been admonished that cause-and-effect are entirely dependent on time passage. As far as I'm concerned, both are 'inventions' of God, but even modern quantum physics wants to say that cause-and-effect is not necessarily time-defined or time-dependent.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,526.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed, or that what has passed at one rate from one point of view is the same as from another. We already know that travel changes the time passed for the traveler compared to the 'stationary' object/ person.

Understanding what happened when God moved the suns shadow backwards on the steps is a little harder to comprehend...

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Understanding what happened when God moved the suns shadow backwards on the steps is a little harder to comprehend...
:):cool: Didn't seem to be a problem for him to do, though.

• Agree
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because there is no evidence for a young earth. I understand your logic but it simply doesn't work. What attempts to pass as evidence for a young earth is merely smoke generated by hucksters. While I admire their efforts to defend their faith, it is a faith of only recent origin.
I read 101 reasons to believe in a young earth online and some of their reasons seem sound. Age of the earth - creation.com

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Is there anybody here who believes in a young earth? And if so, why? My fellow church members, the LCMS, do.
Until I see a reason not to, I do. I don't believe the two are mutually exclusive, having reasons from both camps that make it seem likely, in my opinion. Not that I fully understand either reason, but there is a certain sense to it.

Edit: After seeing @Carl Emerson 's post above, I think I should add, that Evolutionary Theory is not the only alternative to young earth theory.

Reactions: FaithT
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
My main reason for being open to a young earth is because evolution theory depends on an old earth.
We are not well developed animals, we are made in His image.
Evolutionary theory is not the only alternative to young earth. Just saying...

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you believe God created the Universe .... 6,000 years ago
Yes
First because the Bible makes that case through the tracking of genealogies as well as other statements made about time frames, etc. Not to mention the Jews have kept impeccable records of time and their date today is just shy of 6000 years.
Also, is there any credible, scientific evidence for a young earth?
Absolutely. There is so much evidence, we couldn't list it all in a long, ongoing, thread.

These Truths have been confirmed, and proven empirically/scientifically, for thousands of years ... over and over again, but they are never presented in the mainstream and they are continually swept under the rug.

Perouse this site for more fodder:
Startling Evidence for Noah’s Flood

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

First because the Bible makes that case through the tracking of genealogies as well as other statements made about time frames, etc. Not to mention the Jews have kept impeccable records of time and their date today is just shy of 6000 years.

Absolutely. There is so much evidence, we couldn't list it all in a long, ongoing, thread.

These Truths have been confirmed, and proven empirically/scientifically, for thousands of years ... over and over again, but they are never presented in the mainstream and they are continually swept under the rug.

Perouse this site for more fodder:
Startling Evidence for Noah’s Flood
I read something about a year or so ago that debunks all the creationist explanations for the Grand Canyon.

Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I read something about a year or so ago that debunks all the creationist explanations for the Grand Canyon.
Of course.

That's the more common, trendy position.

Those articles are literally everywhere, right on the surface.

Takes a bit of faith, and perseverance, to uncover the more Truthful information out there.

If/when you have the Holy Spirit, you will be able to discern Truth among mounds and mounds of falsehood.

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you got any other credible scientific evidence besides the Grand Canyon that boosts your belief?
Not sure if you mean me, but every little nugget of proof of Intelligent Design further proves the Bible's position of a young earth to me.

When you consider how plants, and trees, are able to literally speak the language of insects in order to take care of themselves, and all of their kind, that is absolutely fascinating proof of I.D. to me.

Along that same vein, plants and trees can communicate with each other and all together take a measured, calculated, action against wild life to protect themselves against being over fed upon.

All kinds of things in nature that will just blow your mind and cause you to realize that there is simply no way at all that those things can just randomly evolve. Just NO ... WAY.

These things were created with programmed intelligence that vastly outweighs the mathematical probability of them randomly evolving.

Another amazing aspect that suffices as proof for me is the interconnectedness of all of nature. Evolution has no answer for that at all and yet, ... it is everywhere in nature. From the butterfly that has a color pattern that looks just like the eye of a mammal for its protection ... to the fish that has a tongue (I think) that looks identical to the prey of smaller, completely different species of, fish that it uses as a lure and when they get close enough, it eats them.

It just goes on and on. These things just do not evolve. They are created by the most intelligent being in existence and you can literally never run out of fascinating material to ponder within this amazing world that God created.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure if you mean me, but every little nugget of proof of Intelligent Design further proves the Bible's position of a young earth to me.

When you consider how plants, and trees, are able to literally speak the language of insects in order to take care of themselves, and all of their kind, that is absolutely fascinating proof of I.D. to me.

Along that same vein, plants and trees can communicate with each other and all together take a measured, calculated, action against wild life to protect themselves against being over fed upon.

All kinds of things in nature that will just blow your mind and cause you to realize that there is simply no way at all that those things can just randomly evolve. Just NO ... WAY.

These things were created with programmed intelligence that vastly outweighs the mathematical probability of them randomly evolving.
Yes, I was talking to you. Thanks.

Reactions: Think...
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Another amazing aspect that suffices as proof for me is the interconnectedness of all of nature. Evolution has no answer for that at all and yet, ... it is everywhere in nature. From the butterfly that has a color pattern that looks just like the eye of a mammal for its protection ... to the fish that has a tongue (I think) that looks identical to the prey of smaller, completely different species of, fish that it uses as a lure and when they get close enough, it eats them.

It just goes on and on. These things just do not evolve. They are created by the most intelligent being in existence and you can literally never run out of fascinating material to ponder within this amazing world that God created.
I‘ve been trying to find scientific proof of creationism online but other than Answers in Genesis, Creation.com, and ICR (which I noticed one of their “experts” was wrong about spiral galaxies) I can’t find anything that supports creationism.
Can you point me to other creationist sites AND unbiased sites that support creationism?

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I‘ve been trying to find scientific proof of creationism online but other than Answers in Genesis, Creation.com, and ICR (which I noticed one of their “experts” was wrong about spiral galaxies) I can’t find anything that supports creationism.
Can you point me to other creationist sites AND unbiased sites that support creationism?
What is the intention behind your search?

If you are looking for rock-solid data and proof that you can use to try to convince your friends, colleagues or family members, you are wasting your time. God made things that way on purpose. He wanted those with unbelieving hearts to have all the evidence their hardened hearts desired to not believe in Him. You will never convince these people of anything.

If you are struggling with believing yourself, you might still be wasting your time.

Contrary to the mainstream party line, nobody wakes up and decides to believe in God one day. Faith is a gift. Ephesians 2:8

If you, or they, simply do not believe, and cannot see the evidence of God all around you, you may be attempting to force a square peg into a round hole. It's just not gonna go.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The Bible is not describing scientific concept of the modern 21st century. It's describing ancient near East cosmology.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe God created the Universe billions of years ago or approx. 6,000 years ago and why?
Adam and Eve lived in the Garden of Eden 6,000 years ago. Only the first chapter in Genesis talks about the creation of the universe. The rest of the Bible talks about the last 6,000 years.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Universe is just another word to describe outer space, the cosmos.
Cosmos talks about how everything is connected in real time. Sagan and Tyson hosted a PBS program called Cosmos. They talk about how we are star stuff.
neil-degrasse-tyson-631647.jpg

Upvote 0