Oct 7, 2014
✟487,658.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The law came through Moses John 1:17. There is an oral tradition that some say goes back to Abraham and some say the Oral Tradition goes back to Adam.
I do not see John disagreeing with me. There is a context and presumptions to John's statement; Moses certainly articulated the Law for the tribes of Israel, and the Law here is interchangeable with (blood) covenant.

I believe archeologists have found obelisks having law engraved on them similar to the Law of Moses, but predating Moses.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟487,658.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I believe the universe was created by God during creation week. However, nobody--creationist or evolutionist--can make any scientific claim to know the age of the universe. Everything from a scientific prospect is theory and conjecture on both sides. Nobody has ever traveled the universe and nobody has any means to measure time in the universe with any degree of certainty. Everything about the age of the universe is mere philosophy -- Deep Space Fantasia. View attachment 342030

View attachment 342031
A Theory is similar to an idea. An idea is kind of two dimensional, it always needs something added to become a reality, or three dimensional. A theory always begs proof, but rarely gets it. There are things about the universe and God that are paradoxal; cannot be seen or understood by flesh and blood. Time is easy, it is motion quantized.

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
A Theory is similar to an idea. An idea is kind of two dimensional, it always needs something added to become a reality, or three dimensional. A theory always begs proof, but rarely gets it. There are things about the universe and God that are paradoxal; cannot be seen or understood by flesh and blood. Time is easy, it is motion quantized.
I live by a simple code in life and it seems to work out well for me with nothing but benefits. I reject all theories no matter what the topic is. If I speak my opinion I openly say it is my opinion and its probably wrong. I'm like that. I believe theories and opinions risk the chance of opening the floodgates of evil. An opinion is something somebody has to say out loud --"THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!". That is how I live everyday.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟487,658.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I live by a simple code in life and it seems to work out well for me with nothing but benefits. I reject all theories no matter what the topic is. If I speak my opinion I openly say it is my opinion and its probably wrong. I'm like that. I believe theories and opinions risk the chance of opening the floodgates of evil. An opinion is something somebody has to say out loud --"THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!". That is how I live everyday.
Ideas are OK, ideologies are something else, these border on idolatry, although it is not always easy to spot the god. "Climate change" is an ideology, I have not spotted the god. The delusion/illusion called Climate change may be atheistic, (godless).

And a good working theory can prevent a person from working completely in the dark; assumptions are often ridiculed, but it difficult to communicate efficiently without them; opinions need to be continually revised.

Evil can be a shell or context that can render any idea or opinion wrong; for example, a person in a false religion can be very righteous, yet not according to God.

Standing flat footed won't help, a person needs to be moving boldly forward seeking the truth. I AM NOT AFRAID TO HAVE AN OPINION, I think there is a difference between being right (temporally and contextually) and being correct.

Reactions: Ragdoll
Upvote 0