After Trump Blasts N.F.L., Players Kneel and Lock Arms in Solidarity

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
CNN is incapable of reporting the truth on any topic ever. There is not an honest reporter on staff.

So Zimmerman is a pig and Martin was a thug. It was a clear case of self defense. he never should have been arrested.

According to you it’s just not CNN you have a problem with but also New York Times, PBS, NBC, Stanford and anyone else that does not agree with you.

If you say that Zimmerman is a “pig” then why would you believe his accounts for things when DNA does not support his claims and his character is very questionable? He has made lots of racist remarks and made claims before that a black guy attacked him to later be proven false (by surveillance cameras). (Links for everything stated here on page 5)

Also who is to say Martin was a “thug”?

Trayvon Martin was born in Florida on February 5, 1995. An athletically-inclined teen with an eye towards aviation, Martin had no criminal record... Hardly a thug.

More about his life:

Trayvon Benjamin Martin was born in Florida on February 5, 1995. His parents, Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, divorced four years later. Trayvon Martin attended public schools in Florida, including the Dr. Michael M. Krop High School in Miami Gardens. With parents that wanted to expose him to the world, Martin had experiences that included skiing, horseback riding and a trip to New York City to take in the sights.

At Carol City High, where Martin went to school before Krop, the youngster took an English Honors class, though his favorite subject was said to be math. Tall and athletically inclined with tattoos of family member names on his frame, the often quiet Martin was highly interested in studying aviation and potentially becoming a pilot. Yet he had also started to have problems at school, receiving suspensions at different times.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.biography.com/.amp/people/trayvon-martin-21283721

Sound like a normal teenager with goals and ambitions. He had some trouble in school but so do lots of teens, that does not make them “thugs”. So what made him one? Or was cause he was black that made him a “thug”? The honest truth is you do not know and called him a “thug” before looking in to his life cause it supported your view of him.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

W Johnson

Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
✟19,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not a chance. They were kneeling out of hate, not love.

What a wonderful magic power you have, to see into the heart of every NFL player and know his intentions.

Reactions: Anna Scott
Upvote 0

W Johnson

Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
✟19,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you, NFL, for returning the Lords day to the Lord. My family will not be watching your overpaid athletes this season.

The Lords day has always belonged to the lord. If you chose to defile it by watching sporting events, please don’t get all self-righteous if you choose to go back to the Lord when the sports team does something you don’t like, it makes you look like a hypocrite.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
An expert witness testified Wednesday that none of George Zimmerman's DNA was found under the fingernails of Trayvon Martin,
He was punching, not scratching.
“Teenager Trayvon Martin's DNA was nowhere to be found on the gun George Zimmerman used to fatally shoot him,
Why would it be? He didn't get the gun. Had he got the gun Zimmerman would be dead.
Martin was a punk who attacked the wrong man. Case closed.

• Agree
Reactions: Marvin Knox
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
According to you it’s just not CNN you have a problem with but also New York Times, PBS, NBC, Stanford...
CBS, MSNBC or any other "news" organization that has become a mouthpiece for liberal propaganda.
The biggest scandal in my lifetime has been the use of government agencies like the IRS to attack political opponents. That's absolutely Stalinist. Any honest reporter would have plastered that crime on page one. They all covered for the Obama administration, proving that none of them are honest.

If you say that Zimmerman is a “pig” then why would you believe his accounts for things when DNA does not support his claims and his character is very questionable?
There were witnesses to the fact that he had been beaten. DNA presence or lack could not refute the obvious fresh bruising.
He has made lots of racist remarks and made claims before that a black guy attacked him to later be proven false (by surveillance cameras).
He used the word "goon" a lot, but that isn't a racial slur. He and his wife mentored black children for free.
Liberals accuse anyone who doesn't agree with them as being racists. Racists are actually not that plentiful, but liars are in abundance.

Also who is to say Martin was a “thug”?
I said he was a thug. He was also suspected of burglary, though since he was dead he was never charged or investigated further. Not being caught doesn't mean he wasn't a thug.
Sound like a normal teenager with goals and ambitions.
Until he attacked an armed Hispanic.
It was that M-DSPD internal affairs investigation which revealed in October 2011 Trayvon Martin was searched by School Resource Officer, Darryl Dunn. The search of Trayvon Martin’s backpack turned up at least 12 pcs of ladies jewelry, and a man’s watch, in addition to a flat head screwdriver described as “a burglary tool”.

When Trayvon was questioned about who owned the jewelry and where it came from, he claimed he was just holding it for a “friend”. A “friend” he would not name. source

• The teen was suspended from school three times
  • He was on suspension when he was shot in February, after officials caught him with a 'marijuana pipe' and a baggie with drug residue
  • Trayvon was kicked out of school in October for graffiti after he was allegedly caught with a 'burglary tool' and a bag full of women's jewelry
  • Officials also suspended him once for skipping school and tardiness source
Had he not attacked an armed Hispanic he may have grown out of his rebellious years and become a fine young man, but fine young men do not jump people in the dark. Thugs do. It was never about race. Even if Zimmerman had been a card carrying member of the Ku Klux Klan it was not about race. It was about self defense. Martin wasn't killed because ot the color of his skin, he was killed because he viciously attacked an armed man.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Marvin Knox
Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The national anthem and the flag mean nothing in and of themselves. They're a song and a piece of cloth. What matters are the principles they represent. Kaepernick and the others were kneeling to call attention to the fact that America isn't living up to the principle we sing about in that anthem that we worship so much.
Ringo
By "America" you mean whom?

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
By "America" you mean whom?

I mean a country where black people get shot by the police (or strangled to death for selling illegal cigarettes), and the white cops who murder them get off at a rate of something like 96%.

This article explains it better than I can: Opinion | ‘The Flag Is Drenched With Our Blood’

(If this article is behind a paywall, I'll try to find a way to let people read it, since it's an excellent op-ed)
Ringo

• Agree
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
(If this article is behind a paywall, I'll try to find a way to let people read it, since it's an excellent op-ed)
Ringo
The NY Times is a leftists propaganda rag. It doesn't have excellent op-ed's.
Whenever there's a Democrat embroiled in a scandal, the media has a bad habit of letting its left-wing bias seep through. A recent New York Times report on Anthony Weiner is yet another example of this.

On Monday, Alex Griswold of the Washington Free Beacon noticed that the Times report on Weiner being sentenced to 21 months in prison for sexting an underage girl was missing a key piece of information:

35 paragraphs in the New York Times on Anthony Weiner's sentencing, and not one mention of his party affiliation. source

Since Eisenhower ran for president in 1956, the paper has not endorsed a single Republican nominee for president, but has endorsed every other Democratic candidate.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Obvious tactic here: avoid talking about what the article discusses by blaming the messenger.

As long as this country fails to live up to its ideal of "justice for all" and "all men are created equal", Kaepernick and the rest of the NFL should continue to take a knee during the anthem. The next time I attend an event with the anthem, I may join them.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
As long as this country fails to live up to its ideal of "justice for all" and "all men are created equal", Kaepernick and the rest of the NFL should continue to take a knee during the anthem. The next time I attend an event with the anthem, I may join them.
Ringo
In what way specifically has this country failed to live up to it's ideal of justice for all and all men are created equal?
I mean a country where black people get shot by the police (or strangled to death for selling illegal cigarettes), and the white cops who murder them get off at a rate of something like 96%.
First off black cops are more likely to shoot black suspects than white cops.
Secondly what the cops you are speaking of "get off" for is not murder or they would not get off.
Thirdly choke holds were banned by N.Y. and at any rate are not "condoned" in any way by the United States government for which the flag and anthem stands.
This article explains it better than I can: Opinion | ‘The Flag Is Drenched With Our Blood’
While I have always been interested in the history of worldwide slavery - there is no new or even pertinent ground covered in your link.

Fewer than 4 percent of the trans Atlantic slaves were destined for the United States and the African slave trade was banned in the United States in 1808.

As a "country" (for which the flag and anthem stands) we have worked toward the abolition of slavery here and abroad from our very beginning until now.

Contrary to the opinion of the link - the flag is not drenched in the blood of slaves so much as it's drenched in the blood of those who fought to free them from another nation - the Confederate states of America, which is no longer in existence.

Rather than protest the flag - black athletes should stand and salute the flag representing the institution which secured the freedom of their ancestors.

The civil rights battle on a national level was fought many decades ago and secured for African Americans.

The battle for civil rights in cities and neighborhoods continues to this day and should continue wherever injustice is found to be institutionalized.

The protests should not be against the United States. It should be against the injustices found in some of our communities IMO.

Besides that the current protests are not against the United States specifically. They are against a President who is despised by many.

Insulting the majority of Americans (by disrespecting the flag of their country) who are not responsible in any way for the police misconduct often cited as the reason for protests - is an ignorant way to protest.

Besides that, IMO, the black community should look inward as much as outward to find the modern day root of their problems as a society.

I have no need to be lectured about the injustice of either slavery or the civil rights abuses which occurred as a result of it over the century which followed the emancipation.

That history is not the point now. The current protests are over something which has nothing to do with our nation's current policies. In fact, the policies of the nation stand squarely against the kind of police abuses which blacks so often point to.

Besides that - the current round of protests are not against police abuses at all. They are about President Trumps comments. If that were not the case - there would have been entire teams supporting Colin Kaepernick all along.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The civil rights battle on a national level was fought many decades ago and secured for African Americans.

It's pretty clear that racism didn't suddenly come to a stop in 1965.

The protests should not be against the United States.

Saying that Kaepernick et al are protesting the United States is like saying that Rosa Parks was protesting the bus.

Insulting the majority of Americans (by disrespecting the flag of their country) who are not responsible in any way for the police misconduct often cited as the reason for protests - is an ignorant way to protest.

If Americans feel "insulted" because scary black men kneel during a song, then I would say that's on them, and not Kaepernick.

The national anthem is a song. The flag is a piece of cloth. In and of themselves, they don't mean anything. What matters are the principles they represent. It's awkward to sing about freedom when you force people to stand for a country that treats its black citizens differently than its white ones.
Ringo

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The national anthem is a song. The flag is a piece of cloth. In and of themselves, they don't mean anything. What matters are the principles they represent. It's awkward to sing about freedom when you force people to stand for a country that treats its black citizens differently than its white ones.

Is it just me, or is there some strange mental gymnastics involved in thinking that the best way to celebrate a right of free expression is to demand people to express themselves only in a certain way?

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
............It's awkward to sing about freedom when you force people to stand for a country that treats its black citizens differently than its white ones. Ringo
In what specific way does the "country" treat it's black citizens differently than it's white ones?

I'd point to affirmative action as an example. But I assume you mean the other way around. So please give me a few examples.
It's pretty clear that racism didn't suddenly come to a stop in 1965.
No one said it was nor will ever be. But because it exists in a particular country means that you protest against that country?

Please provide current examples of official U.S. racist activity against black people.
Saying that Kaepernick et al are protesting the United States is like saying that Rosa Parks was protesting the bus.
Rosa protesting in front of the building where the bus happened to have been manufactured would make about the same kind of sense as men protesting the country in which particular police officers in particular cities have acted inappropriately.
If Americans feel "insulted" because scary black men kneel during a song, then I would say that's on them, and not Kaepernick.
You use of the racist term "scary black men" reminds me that most of the racist thinking in this country comes from the left.
The national anthem is a song. The flag is a piece of cloth. In and of themselves, they don't mean anything.
And a tweet is just a tweet. In and of itself it doesn't mean it's appropriate to protest the flag and national anthem of the United States of America.

Again - the current protests are purely political. They have little in common with what Colin Kaepernick was protesting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anna Scott

May 29, 2009
Texas
✟21,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We all view the world through the lens of our own experiences in life. However, I think we should at least try to understand how these players feel and what people of color face in America. I don't see their actions as being unpatriotic or disrespectful to our country or the men and women who serve in our military.

The flag and the National Anthem mean different things to different people. Sadly, the way Americans experience our Democracy and our freedoms are not always the same. The ugly truth is this: There is still racism and discrimination in our country.

I do not believe the president or an employer should dictate what we are to think or believe about an object (such as the flag) or a song (such as the National Anthem.)

I do not believe the president or an employer should dictate how one should physically respond to an object (stand, sit, kneel, bow, whatever.) Think about this. The flag is an object. Let's not make the flag into an idol.

• Agree
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I would question this, because there is an established ministry to professional football players and a number of pros openly confess Jesus. So, if they joined in the protest, I would say it was not out of hate. Their meaning would be to support our black brothers and sisters, plus we love any and all others of American minority groups.

So, yes there could be ones hating, but each person can speak for oneself about what he or she means.

Don't let anyone kid you. It's all about hate. This has gone from
anti-cop to anti-Trump. If they were concerned about anything
real, they would do something with their money and on their
own time. This is all about the show, and about sticking it to
Trump. The only problem is that they will lose as the American
public sees them as unpatriotic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Obvious tactic here: avoid talking about what the article discusses by blaming the messenger.

Ringo

They are free to do whatever they want. On their own time.
If you attend, you are free to kneel, as you pay for the privilege.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Have you ever seen Kaepernick? Without that foot-tall afro,
he looks like a Mediterranean. He was raised by white people.
He got into disrespecting America only when he began dating
a Muslim woman. He supposedly hasn't converted (yet), but
it seems he's well on his way.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't let anyone kid you. It's all about hate.
But not all people in a group or movement are alike. There can be ones who are ignorant of what is motivating others. No one speaks for everyone :)

If one person burns a car, this does not mean everyone there for the cause was planning or interested in violence. Plus, the violent ones could be masquerading as being part of the cause's gathering; they could be trying to highjack the thing. So, they might not even be caring, at all, about what even the leaders want and how they want to do it.

Not to mention . . . how ones are trying to train our thinking so we assume that any and all people of a group or movement are the same. Ones can train us to suppose that certain violent people represent the leaders and others who show up. There are highjackers :)

But I do understand that if any of us is all-loving, we will not be concerned only about others of our same ethnic group. We will care just as much for others as we care about our own selves. And, also, we will care about other countries and their peoples, as ourselves . . . loving any and all people as ourselves, how Jesus wants.

Upvote 0

Anna Scott

May 29, 2009
Texas
✟21,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They are free to do whatever they want. On their own time.
If you attend, you are free to kneel, as you pay for the privilege.

Seriously, "You pay for the privilege to kneel"? If that's the case, the players could buy a ticket to their own games, and kneel because they paid for the privilege.

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever seen Kaepernick? Without that foot-tall afro, he looks like a Mediterranean. He was raised by white people.

Being raised by white parents doesn't magically mean that society treats him as a white person.

He got into disrespecting America only when he began dating a Muslim woman.

I'd like to see evidence that he is disrespecting America. Exercising your right of free expression by non-violently protesting injustice in a legal fashion is not disrespecting America any more than saying you hate blue cars is disrespecting the entire visible spectrum.

He supposedly hasn't converted (yet), but it seems he's well on his way.

This is just flat out jingoistic islamaphobia. "Muslim" and "Hates America and Freedom" are not synonyms, no matter who tells you they are.

• Agree
Upvote 0