Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Just attention seeking garbage.

Typical Satanist crap.

I agree though, many of them seem to be attention seeking especially the smug (uh.. we're actually atheists.. do some research) kind. They complain about being misunderstood, but you know many of them like it deep down too.

Personally I never found the image of Satan alluring.
I'm sure they love the attention, but they make their point too. I find most of their antics quite amusing, like that statue. Sometimes you need ridiculous people who just want the limelight to make a point, since normal folks just won't do it.

Next thing we need: a bakery to refuse wedding cakes to black people because of their "religious beliefs".

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It doesn't matter how many claim to be true. If two religions contradict each other, only one can be teaching the truth. If doesn't matter whether it can be proven, it only matters if it is the truth.
Not if you cant prove it to be true. It does matter.
So the religion that God revealed shouldn't be given special treatment and protected? I don't think God would agree with that and what he says is all that matters to me
Then he should come here and tell the people. Which he supposedly does in church. So there's no need to force people to worship in public school or any where. That's not what public school is for.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure they love the attention, but they make their point too. I find most of their antics quite amusing, like that statue. Sometimes you need ridiculous people who just want the limelight to make a point, since normal folks just won't do it.

Next thing we need: a bakery to refuse wedding cakes to black people because of their "religious beliefs".

Yeah, they're good for checks and balances for religious freedom.

Not that all Satanists are smug, some have a good sense of humor about it, and yes they do use their fearful labels for some good.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Illogical. Strawman.
People used to get punish for breaking religious laws. Thank goodness that stuff is almost gone in the US. Hopefully the rest of the world will catch up.

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Sinful actions that meet what requirements?

The government has a duty to protect the public good. That means discouraging sinful actions that harm its citizens.

Just actions that harm others, or any action that you think will send the person in question to Hell?

What's worse - harming others or eternal damnation in Hell?

American laws have actually gone far beyond what was necessary. People have been charged with a crime for playing poker with friends in their own house because fundamentalists considered it a sin and wanted their religious views enforced. They got alcohol banned nationwide with prohibition laws. Even today, it is still illegal in some US cities and people are still going to jail for possession of alcohol.

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
People used to get punish for breaking religious laws. Thank goodness that stuff is almost gone in the US. Hopefully the rest of the world will catch up.

They still do. Poker, alcohol, and adultery are still against the law in parts of the US and people still go to jail for breaking those religious laws.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What's worse - harming others or eternal damnation in Hell?
The latter is irrelevant in U.S. law and is something that I personally regard as fiction. You may as well ask whether harming others is worse than Michael Jackson's ghost being disappointed in you.
American laws have actually gone far beyond what was necessary. People have been charged with a crime for playing poker with friends in their own house because fundamentalists considered it a sin and wanted their religious views enforced. They got alcohol banned nationwide with prohibition laws. Even today, it is still illegal in some US cities and people are still going to jail for possession of alcohol.
Are you going to answer the question?

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The latter is irrelevant in U.S. law and is something that I personally regard as fiction. You may as well ask whether harming others is worse than Michael Jackson's ghost being disappointed in you.

Are you going to answer the question?
Just actions that harm others, or any action that you think will send the person in question to Hell?

All actions that are sinful. Most sins harm others. Gambling can lead to theft if a person becomes addicted. Adultery can ruin marriages which harms children. Prostitution degrades women. Fornication spreads STDs and AIDS. Slander (spreading lies about what God taught) can cause those who believe it to reject God or turn away from Him if they are Christians. Sodomy can provoke God to destroy the US with fire and brimstone.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Now that is a fate worse than hell. Lol.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All actions that are sinful. Most sins harm others. Gambling can lead to theft if a person becomes addicted. Adultery can ruin marriages which harms children. Prostitution degrades women. Fornication spreads STDs and AIDS. Slander (spreading lies about what God taught) can cause those who believe it to reject God or turn away from Him if they are Christians. Sodomy can provoke God to destroy the US with fire and brimstone.

American has sins like segregation and slavery on it's back, yet God has spared us. God didn't destroy places for sodomy, but for showing depravity of the total human soul. Those two institutions were spread due to people twisting Scripture, and saying God approved of it. The thing is God does judge, but he is also someone who gives second chances.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
American has sins like segregation and slavery on it's back, yet God has spared us... Those two institutions were spread due to people twisting Scripture, and saying God approved of it.

Where does scripture say segregation and slavery are sins?

God didn't destroy places for sodomy, but for showing depravity of the total human soul. The thing is God does judge, but he is also someone who gives second chances.

Sodomy was a big part of it. It's called sodomy because of Sodom.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Where does scripture say segregation and slavery are sins?

Ezekiel 16:49-50 ESV / 21 helpful votes
Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. They were haughty and did an abomination before me. So I removed them, when I saw it.

Chattel Slavery and segregation in America was against the spirit of the lord, due to the fact that it showed a spread of hatred for another human being.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I'll never understand the whole "God will destroy the USA for XYZ" thing. The USA didn't even exist 300 years ago. I understand why Americans would be especially concerned with the fate of their country (since that's where they live), but I'll admit I am perplexed as to why I'm supposed to believe that God is. God isn't an American.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. They were haughty and did an abomination before me. So I removed them, when I saw it.

If you read Genesis you'll see that abomination was sodomy.

The rest of that description is interesting. Too many Americans are arrogant, gluttons, and opposed to welfare/helping the poor.

Chattel Slavery and segregation in America was against the spirit of the lord, due to the fact that it showed a spread of hatred for another human being.

So it's just an opinion based on what doesn't feel right to you?

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you read Genesis you'll see that abomination was sodomy.

The rest of that description is interesting. Too many Americans are arrogant, gluttons, and opposed to welfare/helping the poor.

So it's just an opinion based on what doesn't feel right to you?

See the Ezekiel verse, and it shows that it wasn't sodomy that was the deciding factor. Religious freedom is what makes this country great. And the fact you are willing to persecute people for their beliefs is frightening. That's not righteousness, but legalism.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
God didn't destroy places for sodomy, but for showing depravity of the total human soul.

Heh, I put that verse in my signature because I got sick of people saying we need to outlaw gay marriage, but in the next breath saying that any redistribution of wealth is theft.

But in all fairness to Samir, Jude changed it to being destroyed because of sexual immorality. I guess the most common answer to that contradiction is to say "both" though, so you are "both" right. Or Jude just made that up because one group of guys wanted to get to "know" a couple of other guys and he didn't know Ezekiel well enough, but that's just my opinion.

Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. Jude 1:7​

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They claim they are following the true teaching of Islam just like the Westboro Baptist church claims to be Christian. Who is to decide which groups are truly Christian or Muslim?
If the Westboro Baptist church was committing terrorist acts, physically killing people, they wouldn't be able to openly exist in this country either. They would be classified terrorists.

Reactions: jazzflower92
Upvote 0