Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Despite a petition against it, a “Satan Club” has been approved by the Olathe School District.

An Olathe Public Schools spokesperson stated, “the club application met the criteria to establish a student-initiated club and is now recognized as a student-initiated club at Olathe Northwest High School.”

[The law requires that] if the school allows one club, it allows all — providing the application process is complete and the group meets the guidelines for recognition.
I just see teen kids taking their rights out for a spin to see what it’s like and parents yelling “no not like that.” Pretty normal stuff.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I just see teen kids taking their rights out for a spin to see what it’s like and parents yelling “no not like that.” Pretty normal stuff.
One thing that got better because us boomers suffered!

My high school had both a semi underground library and an underground newspaper. The administration did everything they could to kill both of them. But there was little they could do against Narya the newspaper, because it was distributed off campus. They did however claim it was financed by Hanoi and that the editors were idiots. Ironically the week before that claim was made, I was the major financing! And both of the co-editors were in AP classes (much harder then because there were very few AP classes).

I wish I could remember what books were in the free library. My bet would be that people are still trying to ban them.

Since there was a huge overlap in the students behind both the library and newspaper it is a good bet it included some works by Tolkien.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One thing that got better because us boomers suffered!

My high school had both a semi underground library and an underground newspaper. The administration did everything they could to kill both of them. But there was little they could do against Narya the newspaper, because it was distributed off campus. They did however claim it was financed by Hanoi and that the editors were idiots. Ironically the week before that claim was made, I was the major financing! And both of the co-editors were in AP classes (much harder then because there were very few AP classes).

I wish I could remember what books were in the free library. My bet would be that people are still trying to ban them.

Since there was a huge overlap in the students behind both the library and newspaper it is a good bet it included some works by Tolkien.
At least you got Tolkien. We got Rowling. It’s good, but nowhere near as mind-blowing as anything Tolkien did.

Upvote 0