Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Would that go for the Christian club equivalents also?

I would say it probably should. I'd prefer to leave religious education and activities of young children for their parents and the church. That's true regardless of "Satan clubs"; religious formation should be within the context of family and religious community in my opinion.

That said, if elementary aged children at public schools can have after school Christian clubs, then Satanic clubs should be allowed as well. Though I still think, that in the case of Christian children, rather than having an after school club such things should still happen within the context of family and church community.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Would that go for the Christian club equivalents also?

The reason that I said High School for the Satan club is that the Christians still have too much of a hold on the younger children. When I was in elementary school, evil Halloween parties were renamed Harvest Festivals and the good Christmas parties, Valentines parties and Easter parties were still called by their Religious names. Of course they are renamed not to more PC alternatives, the Christmas tree and presents are still exchanged at school, valentines and candy happen in February, egg dying, jelly beans, baskets, bunny and chick cut outs are on the walls, along with “Happy Easter”, but we call it a “spring time” party.

By High School, kids are rebellious and Goth or Emmo or whatever. When I used to pick up my oldest daughter, I didn’t know if I was at a school or a Marilyn Manson Concert.

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
That said, if elementary aged children at public schools can have after school Christian clubs, then Satanic clubs should be allowed as well.

Why? Are you saying all religions should be treated equally? Wouldn't that apply to militant Islamic clubs as well?

All religions aren't equal and shouldn't be treated equally. Satanic clubs should never be allowed.

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My fear is that these religious equality laws will allow undesirable Islamic clubs. If a group can hold a Satanic club then what's stopping a group from holding an ISIS club or other militant Islamic clubs for elementary school kids?

ISIS isn't a religion. There are plenty of Islamic clubs for the youth.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So what clubs should be allowed, and what's the test to see if they're allowed?
Why? Are you saying all religions should be treated equally? Wouldn't that apply to militant Islamic clubs as well?

All religions aren't equal and shouldn't be treated equally. Satanic clubs should never be allowed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
People need to simmer down. In schools, kids can't participate in this sort of thing without their parent's permission. This Satan thing only exists to make a point. When I taught, I sponsored and coached after school activities. We had a lot of clubs kids could join. None of them could join without parent permission.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People need to simmer down. In schools, kids can't participate in this sort of thing without their parent's permission. This Satan thing only exists to make a point. When I taught, I sponsored and coached after school activities. We had a lot of clubs kids could join. None of them could join without parent permission.
Agree. Also I doubt kids would want to be in a Christian or Satan club. This is what parents want. When I went to school. Kids wanted to go to recess, field trips and watch movies. To get out of school work. I'm sure kids will be over joyed to spend an hour after school, having to study any religion.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
When I used to pick up my oldest daughter, I didn’t know if I was at a school or a Marilyn Manson Concert.

I taught high school retiring in 2002. In the last few years a lot of the girls looked like >a woman who behaves or dresses in an overtly sexual way< and a lot of the guys looked like they had just crawled out from under a rock.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I taught high school retiring in 2002. In the last few years a lot of the girls looked like [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] and a lot of the guys looked like they had just crawled out from under a rock.
Humm 5 letter censored word used to describe the way girls look....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
ISIS isn't a religion. There are plenty of Islamic clubs for the youth.

They claim they are following the true teaching of Islam just like the Westboro Baptist church claims to be Christian. Who is to decide which groups are truly Christian or Muslim?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,068.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Funny. Right now in Alberta (where I live) kids can now join clubs without parent's knowledge. This is to protect LGBTQ youth who can't come out to their parents (because they wnat to feel some level of parental love, want a roof over their head and food in their belly; trivial stuff like that).

I want to have the kind of relationship with my kids where they would tell me stuff like their clubs and personal interests and would not feel a need to hide stuff from me.

God says otherwise.
God PUT your government in place. God PUT your constitution in place. God has invested authority into your government.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
They claim they are following the true teaching of Islam just like the Westboro Baptist church claims to be Christian. Who is to decide which groups are truly Christian or Muslim?

I noticed in the news today that the ISIS terrorist who slit the throat of the RC priest in Normandy has been refused a Muslim burial.

Upvote 0