Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It doesn't matter how many claim to be true. If two religions contradict each other, only one can be teaching the truth.

At most one is teaching the truth. They could both be wrong.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That said, if elementary aged children at public schools can have after school Christian clubs, then Satanic clubs should be allowed as well. Though I still think, that in the case of Christian children, rather than having an after school club such things should still happen within the context of family and church community.

-CryptoLutheran

They already have humanism and naturalism shoved
down their throats even before they go to school. TV
is even worse than schools because they don't pretend
to be objective about evolution and long ages. It is all
presented as fact, and reinforced on most childrens' shows.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
They already have humanism and naturalism shoved
down their throats even before they go to school. TV
to be objective about evolution and long ages. It is all
presented as fact, and reinforced on most childrens' shows.

That might be because they are fact.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do know that non-Christians are neighbors too right? Or do you live in an alternate reality to the one the rest of us live in. In which case, what's it like? Did the Axis powers win the war in your timeline? And if they did, that might explain a few things about your posts.

-CryptoLutheran

Will the next question that is asked be, "And who is my neighbor?" (Luke 10:25-37)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
All religions aren't equal and shouldn't be treated equally. Satanic clubs should never be allowed.
Then move to a different country. As long as no one is calling for illegal action (like harassing gay peers or threatening those who enter health clinics), all religions and religious activities are equal under the law.
People need to simmer down. In schools, kids can't participate in this sort of thing without their parent's permission. This Satan thing only exists to make a point. When I taught, I sponsored and coached after school activities. We had a lot of clubs kids could join. None of them could join without parent permission.
Actually, every single club at my high school was informal, with no roster and no commitment. Granted, it was a private school, but all the clubs met at the same time and we could wander around as we pleased.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Is that what you do when you don't like something? I'd rather fix the problem and make my country better than run away.
It takes quite a bit of work to change the Constitution.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just attention seeking garbage.

Typical Satanist crap.

Lol, my grandmother might have been a "satanist" for a time. My mother said she discovered some books, and was so freaked out by them that she threw them in the trash. Lol.

Most likely LaVeyan Satanism.

I agree though, many of them seem to be attention seeking especially the smug (uh.. we're actually atheists.. do some research) kind. They complain about being misunderstood, but you know many of them like it deep down too.

Personally I never found the image of Satan alluring.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Lol, my grandmother might have been a "satanist" for a time. My mother said she discovered some books, and was so freaked out by them that she threw them in the trash. Lol.

Most likely LaVeyan Satanism.

I agree though, many of them seem to be attention seeking especially the smug (uh.. we're actually atheists.. do some research) kind. They complain about being misunderstood, but you know many of them like it deep down too.

Personally I never found the image of Satan alluring.
Yep, exactly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that what you do when you don't like something? I'd rather fix the problem and make my country better than run away.

But 'your country' has non-Christians also living in it who have the same constitutional rights as you have as an American citizen. And their constitutional rights will not be tossed aside by the federal government simply because they do not align with the Christian faith or with your interpretation of the Christian faith. The problem is not with them, but with you and your blatant willingness to see their freedom of religion stripped away from them because you disagree with their religious beliefs.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But 'your country' has non-Christians also living in it who have the same constitutional rights as you have as an American citizen. And their constitutional rights will not be tossed aside by the federal government simply because they do not align with the Christian faith or with your interpretation of the Christian faith. The problem is not with them, but with you and your blatant willingness to see their freedom of religion stripped away from them because you disagree with their religious beliefs.

Yeah, such a dangerous path to take. And who knows if it will end up hurting those who supported taking away other people's freedoms in the long run. Best to give freedom of religion and speech to all. :)

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, such a dangerous path to take. And who knows if it will end up hurting those who supported taking away other people's freedoms in the long run. Best to give freedom of religion and speech to all. :)

Agreed. Just imagine the outrage if we talked about stripping Christians of their freedom of religion or any other constitutional right as an American citizen.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
TV
to be objective about evolution and long ages.
Oh, boohoo, there are parents who think it's someone else's job to monitor the TV usage in their own household. I've met parents like that. It's so sad. The ratings, warnings, and program summary are available to you at any time. If you miss the memo, then it's your job to deal with it on the spot. Yeah, I know it sucks to have a kid yelling at you because you unplugged the TV, but it's no one else's job to handle that for you. You're the one who doesn't want the kid to see that content.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't really be threatened by it if they did.

I'm not claiming any of this is good or should be encouraged. But as much as I have read the new testament, people who want to go down and bow before idols (demons really) 1 Corinthians 10:20, are not discouraged.

What I mean by this is lost people are placed under no burden by scripture to force them to be saved, force them to live like a Christian, force them to do things they have no desire for, ect. ect. Of course people want to worship satan when they are lost... this is why they are lost.

It's not Christianity to force society to behave morally. Now, we can enforce it where we participate in a governance, or through our own choices. But such enforcement is inferior to the power and the gospel of Jesus Christ, nor is it what Christ commanded his church to do. Christ commanded we make disciples, not rule wordily governments which forever remain corrupted. So while participating in government can be good, it's like a ways down on the list of priorities as a Christian.

And the God we serve, is not afraid to send ministers into satanic temples to minister there. He went into the Jewish synagogues, and Christ stated those Pharisees belonged to their father, the devil. So he is at home going into houses and temples that belong to the devil, and revealing the power of Jesus Christ there.

When I moved into my house, my roommate, I found out, has a bunch of witchcraft items. While it's a sin should she have practiced it at all... and I would never encourage it. I made it clear should she practice witchcraft in our house, it would fail miserably.

And look, I am not going to physically stop her from getting out a Ouija board and trying to talk to demons. I don't have to physically stop her. Should she start doing that, Jesus would tell me, and I would follow Christ through that situation to see redemption and deliverance for the kingdom of God.

And honestly, I think following satan openly is a lot healthier mindset than just being an atheist. Satanists are willing to have spiritual showdowns between Christ and satan, and Christ wins. It's just rare satanists come across someone actually willing to exercise the power of Christ in their life. But atheists? Even if they see miracles, their unbelief is so heavy they wont care. They'll walk in the vanity of their own minds until they find their way into hell.

In hell (sheol), satanism and level headed common sense keep each other company. It's common sense people don't rise from the dead after 3 days, it would just be nonsense really to a level headed person. And that wordily wisdom is satanic, and that person is practicing a religion born from the author of lies, and they'll suffer just like a satanist would in hades.

That people would be open to miracles, is a step forward really. And if you practice satanism, you will end up possessed by devils... it's bad, don't do it. But should someone find themselves in that situation, such as when I did as a Hindu, I called out to Jesus who delivers anyone from demons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
That's NOT what I said. What I said is it's better to limit free speech that harms others than allow free speech without limits.
What you said was this:
I want to strip non-Christians of some of the rights they currently enjoy because I love them and know it would be best for their souls.
And this:
I don't have a problem with persecuting non-Christians when it is in accordance with God's will and helps them and their neighbors. My primary concern with everything is doing God's will and loving our neighbors.
And this:
Allowing hateful imams to spread a message of hate and violence unimpeded does nothing but bring misery to all their victims and the families of those killed by people inspired by the imams hateful message.
And this:
Religions are not equal. God's religion should be protected. False religions are at enmity with God and don't deserve the same rights.
Which all adds up to, persecute the non-christians because they don't follow the right God, but leave Christians alone because they do... like the KKK. They claim to be Christian, how do you prove they aren't? Take them to court?

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
What you said was this:

And this:

And this:

And this:

Which all adds up to, persecute the non-christians because they don't follow the right God, but leave Christians alone because they do... like the KKK.

If that's what you conclude from what I wrote, I don't think further discussion with you will be beneficial.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I don't have a problem with persecuting non-Christians when it is in accordance with God's will and helps them and their neighbors. My primary concern with everything is doing God's will and loving our neighbors.
When you say persecute, are you referring to using the law against them? Are you truly seeking to push for laws that force people to stick to your religious beliefs? Because I call that terrorism, and I don't take it lightly.

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
When you say persecute, are you referring to using the law against them?

Yes.

Are you truly seeking to push for laws that force people to stick to your religious beliefs?

No. I support the right of people to believe whatever they want. I support punishing people for their sinful actions, not their beliefs.

Because I call that terrorism, and I don't take it lightly

America has always punished people for acting in opposition to the religious beliefs of the majority so if that's a problem for you I don't recommend living in America.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
No. I support the right of people to believe whatever they want. I support punishing people for their sinful actions, not their beliefs.
Sinful actions that meet what requirements? Just actions that harm others, or any action that you think will send the person in question to Hell?

Upvote 0