Michigan
✟16,831.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well I've been observing this place for a little while now. Good to see some people. A little about my current life.

I'm a freshman at Central Michigan University, and at 18 years of age just got back from the polls (I essentially voted straight Democratic, but I took the pleasure of filling in every single candidate instead of just the Straight option). I'm a political science major with a history minor, and going pre-law. One day I aspire to run for office.

I come from a conservative Christian family where both parents are cops and attend our church weekly. My friends from home are just about all people from my church. That said, I find myself at odds with them on a regular basis. My parents have love to call me a "Bleeding heart, liberal, communist, cheese-eating hippy". It's in a loving way, though.

I really became disenfranchised with Christianity when I started to see all the hypocrisy and hate that emerged from the religion. To this day I do believe that I rail against hateful Christians harder than anybody else. Recently, I've started praying and reading the Bible again. It's not that I never read the Bible, although it's true I didn't pray for years. I love to debate Bible, and I regularly read individual verses. Recently, though, I've been reading it novel style. I'm going through some Exodus right now, as I took a break after Genesis.

In the end, I adhere to the "love your neighbor" mandate that Jesus advocated. I certainly have my flaws, and I'll even suspend that philosophy to fight hatred and narrow-mindedness. Look forward to being here.

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome.jpg

Upvote 0
Sep 14, 2008
Orkney, Scotland
✟10,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi and welcome to CF, hope that you manage to get your faith back fully. The problem with Christianity is the same as most things in this world. Where human beings are involved there will always be problems. Jesus said "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword" (Matt 10:34). I think that you will agree that this is true.
Look around the forums, you will certainly find plenty of people to discuss the Bible and other aspects of Christianity. God Bless!

Upvote 0