Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
My name is Toby and I am a 20 year old student from England.

As is normal in the UK, I was raised non-religiously, however I always felt some sort of presence or calling. Recently my mum got quite sick and during that time, I decided to start praying and seeking out God and nothing had ever felt more right. Subsequently I purchased a bible and have began reading it and I am looking to a find a traditional church that I can attend on Sundays.

I am here, hoping that I can find people to talk too to help me with my journey to Christ. I know I believe in him and I know I want to live for him but I am struggling to actually put my beliefs into practice.

Thank you for reading and may God bless you.

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Great to be praying and seeking out God as you have and as He has been helping you and your family.
Continue as you have to Seek Him, Seek His plan, His Kingdom, in Scripture and in prayer, as it might be quite different than traditional.
You are alive, and seeking a Living God, this is very good.

Reactions: ChurchBuilder
Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's blessings as you seek him. I was 19 when I came to faith through the Gospel of John, so I recommend it as a starting point. Besides Genesis 1:1 it is the only other book in the bible that starts off, "In the beginning."
Cheers.

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,837.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As is normal in the UK, I was raised non-religiously, however I always felt some sort of presence or calling. Recently my mum got quite sick and during that time, I decided to start praying and seeking out God and nothing had ever felt more right. Subsequently I purchased a bible and have began reading it and I am looking to a find a traditional church that I can attend on Sundays.

I am here, hoping that I can find people to talk too to help me with my journey to Christ. I know I believe in him and I know I want to live for him but I am struggling to actually put my beliefs into practice.

Welcome!

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,968.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Toby! Welcome aboard! I just want to encourage you to keep doing what you are doing. The Christin life is a journey and God doesn't do all the work over night. Just ask the apostle Peter! Keep reading the Bible, pray over what you have read. And yes keep.looking for a strong Christian Church. I can't stress enough how important it is for you to find a Christian Community to be involved with. They will help you in a myriad of ways. God bless you my friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

deborahjoy429

Mar 20, 2023
Mid-Atlantic
✟11,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hi, Toby. I'm rarely on this forum but am so glad to see you here. A number of the friends I communicate with most online are from the UK and are not Christians and perhaps find it a bit odd that I am. May God meet you in special ways as you learn the great story of the Bible!

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Great to be praying and seeking out God as you have and as He has been helping you and your family.
Continue as you have to Seek Him, Seek His plan, His Kingdom, in Scripture and in prayer, as it might be quite different than traditional.
You are alive, and seeking a Living God, this is very good.

And may He bless you also in your journey to get closer to Him

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Welcome. Be assured that if you seek God, He will meet you. I'd recommend reading the New Testament first. You are embarking on a great journey, with both wonderful and hard times to come. The hard times are intended for us to become more dependent on Jesus and less dependent on ourselves. Be patient with yourself. I would start with the epistle (letter) to the Ephesians. In the first chapters, you will discover what God has done for you in Jesus. Write down those great promises and remind yourself often. The last chapters give advice as to how to live according to those great promises. Any questions? I hope you have many! Christians will be only too happy to help.

Upvote 0