Jul 23, 2005
Swansea, Wales
✟9,486.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for quite a while considering my age - 6 years. Everything (as far as I was aware) was fine until today and I am now confused with all sorts of insecurities bubbling up!
We both used to go to the same church and that is how we met and got together... however, this year she has gone to university which has obviously made everything a little bit more long-distance although we do get to see each other at least once a month and we keep fairly regular contact through facebook/msn/phone calls. We find this works pretty well.
The last few weeks have been quite tough on me with one thing and another --- I'm trying to secure a place in university my self for next year (hoping to study vet med) which means interviews; I have had a fair number of exams for my A-levels; I have been trying to keep up with all my extra-curricular commitments; my mum has been in hospital for the last three months having suffered a mental breakdown so obviously I have spent a fair amount of time supporting her and running the house as best I can. You get the idea!
My girlfriend has been very supportive of me for the past two years that my life has taken on an extra level of hectic beyond normal academic commitments. However, due to an interview last week and my mum gladly coming out of hospital I have left contact slip for the past week or so - ironically I was about to send a big catch-up email when she rang.
Everything seemed normal on the phone - usual questions and then she asked if we could meet up on saturday; this is quite normal usually. However, she then asked that I should not buy her a Valentine's Day present, I obviously asked why and she said that she would explain on Saturday. What on Earth does this mean???
Now under normal circumstances I would take this to be a fairly likely dumping... however nothing (as far as I'm aware) has been wrong with our relationship - her email last week was perfectly friendly and last time we met up she was talking about how strong our relationship was and we even started talking about how many kids we would like... But then what can no Valentine's mean?
I know that I may not have been the most commited and I wouldn't blame her for being a bit hacked off, but why so suddenly and why less than a week before Valentine's Day? It just doesn't make sense...

Dave

PS - Sorry about this message which probably seems quite trivial in comparison to other people's problems, I would normally deal with this sort of thing myself but I just can't understand the illogicality and suddenness of it! If it were clear then I could deal with it but as it isn't I know it will just play around in my head all week - one extra stress that I don't need!

Sariebeth

Jan 9, 2008
✟7,806.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
well first off dont jump to anything just yet, you dont know what she has to tell you... I wouldnt worry about it i know that is eaiser said then done but seriously.. maybe ask her if this something she has to tell you is something you should be concered about.. i'd pray about it and let God take the worrie off your heart..

Reactions: DaveS
Upvote 0