Adventist end time beliefs?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People that don't keep Sabbath make stuff up for those who do? That is a "thing"??
Yeah - it's a thing called strawman. Come up with something ridiculous to discredit the REAL issue.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
They work the system and then say they keep it.

This from someone who claims to ignore the Sabbath -- about all who do not?

I prefer the actual Bible to simply slandering those on this forum.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They work the system and then say they keep it.
And you know the Haredi and Ultra Orthodox in Israel are "working the system" HOW exactly?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For one thing, it matters not. They are not Biblical Israel until they accept Christ.
Of course it matters. You make a point and then sidestep it with that?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
For one thing, it matters not. They are not Biblical Israel until they accept Christ.

I find your logic "illusive" -- as someone who entirely ignores the Bible Sabbath you set yourself up as the judge of all Sabbath keeping for all of time claiming that nobody knew what you know. How does that logic work in your POV??

Is it your claim that the Jews froze to death in winter?
Israel −14.2 °C (6.4 °F) Merom Golan 10 January 2015[37]

People that don't keep Sabbath make stuff up for those who do? That is a "thing"??

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Back to the actual topic of this thread ...

I recently received a mailer about a 3 night session called "prophecies of hope" on the book of Daniel and Revelation that is being held in several 7th Day Adventist churches in my area. While I am of a different denomination, if I decide to attend, what might I expect to find in such a conference?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rod That Budded

Dec 16, 2019
Philadelphia
✟810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Emphasis on the 4th commandment on the Sabbath.

Sunday is the mark of the beast. (worshipers of the Sun God).

Post Tribulation.

Babylon is the Roman Catholic Church, and the Antichrist will be a pope. The Latin writing on his hat adds up to 666.
There is only one doctrine that is exclusive to the Seventh-day Adventist Church, none of which are listed above.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
There is only one doctrine that is exclusive to the Seventh-day Adventist Church, none of which are listed above.

I only listed the main ones that describe SDA. There are others regarding health. What were your thoughts?

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
There could be no grace without law.

Hi Rod.

That doesn't make sense unless you don't know what is the meaning of grace, and that those with the Holy Spirit are not under the Law given on Mt. Sinai.

Upvote 0

Rod That Budded

Dec 16, 2019
Philadelphia
✟810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Rod.

That doesn't make sense unless you don't know what is the meaning of grace, and that those with the Holy Spirit are not under the Law given on Mt. Sinai.
Well, I've been taught that grace means unmerited favor. So, if God gives us favor without merit of our own, what kind of merit would it take to be worthy of this favor? Why, it must be the keeping of the law, since that's how Christ secured the merit. He lived as we should live, and died as we should die. He rendered reasonable service to God in our behalf, and paid the wages (death) of sin (the transgression of the law), also in our behalf, thus fulfilling the law and establishing it, and also making us free from being under penalty of law. Without the law, there is no need for grace, because without it there would be no offense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, I've been taught that grace means unmerited favor. So, if God gives us favor without merit of our own, what kind of merit would it take to be worthy of this favor? Why, it must be the keeping of the law, since that's how Christ secured the merit. He lived as we should live, and died as we should die. He rendered reasonable service to God in our behalf, and paid the wages (death) of sin (the transgression of the law), also in our behalf, thus fulfilling the law and establishing it, and also making us free from being under penalty of law. Without the law, there is no need for grace, because without it there would be no offense.

Well, the way you just described it, if there is no penalty, what is there to stop you from breaking the law?

Upvote 0

Rod That Budded

Dec 16, 2019
Philadelphia
✟810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Well, the way you just described it, if there is no penalty, what is there to stop you from breaking the law?
Love--the very essence of God.
“If you love Me, keep My commandments."
John 14:15

Upvote 0