Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why is it everything I think, do or say around here is either low or stupid?

Six years of "Go with throttle up" probably didn't help your case. Especially when you refuse to read the Rogers Commission Report.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Six years of "Go with throttle up" probably didn't help your case. Especially when you refuse to read the Rogers Commission Report.
I promised CabVet I would never mention the Challenger incident again, if he would just read Galatians 3:26; which he did.

I've been keeping my side of the bargain as well.

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
(Sorry if this has been mentioned already.)

Hitler was not a creationist and it is unlikely that he was a christian. His book Mein Kampf goes into great detail about how he believes evolution and natural selection made some human races "superior" to others.
Nature herself in times of great poverty or bad climactic conditions, as well as poor harvest, intervenes to restrict the increase of population of certain countries or races; this, to be sure, by a method as wise as it is ruthless. She diminishes, not the power of procreation as such, but the conservation of the procreated, by exposing them to hard trials and deprivations with the result that all those who are less strong and less healthy are forced back into the womb of the eternal unknown. Those whom she permits to survive the inclemency of existence are a thousandfold tested hardened, and well adapted to procreate-in turn, in order that the process of thoroughgoing selection may begin again from the beginning. By thus brutally proceeding against the individual and immediately calling him back to herself as soon as he shows himself unequal to the storm of life, she keeps the race and species strong, in fact, raises them to the highest accomplishments.
While Nature, by making procreation free, yet submitting survival to a hard trial, chooses from an excess number of individuals the best as worthy of living, thus preserving them alone and in them conserving their species, man limits procreation, but is hysterically concerned that once a being is born it should be preserved at any price. This correction of the divine will seems to him as wise as it is humane, and he takes delight in having once again gotten the best of Nature and even having proved her inadequacy. The number, to be sure, has really been limited, but at the same time the value of the individual has dirninished; this, however, is something the dear little ape of the Almighty does not want to see or hear about. For as soon as procreation as such is limited and the number of births diminished, the natural struggle for existence which leaves only the strongest and healthiest alive is obviously replaced by the obvious desire to ' save ' even the weakest and most sickly at any price, and this plants the seed of a future generation which must inevitably grow more and more deplorable the longer this mockery of Nature and her will continues.
(Chapter IV: Munich)

Notice how Hitler refers to humans as the "ape" of the Almighty.

Hitler was probably not an atheist, but he was extremely distainful of Christianity - he professed to be a Christian only to gain the support of the German people. In private he described it as Once he came into power he frequently persecuted Christians, both Protestant and Catholic.

Jews are the most well-known victims of the holocaust, but many christians were killed too. Kirchemkampf refers to the persecution of the christian church under Nazi rule. Similarly, according to the Jewish Virtual Library, an estimated 10,000 Jehovah's Witnesses were imprisoned in the concentration camps. Between 2,500 - 5,000 of them died and an additional 200 of them were executed for refusing military service (link).

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Why is it everything I think, do or say around here is either low or stupid?
I don´t know.
The first question you´d have to ask in order to answer this to yourself:
Are you thinking, doing or saying different things in other places than "around here"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hitler was probably not an atheist, but he was extremely disdainful of Christianity - he professed to be a Christian only to gain the support of the German people. In private he described it as Once he came into power he frequently persecuted Christians, both Protestant and Catholic.
Exactly what would be expected of someone that opposed the word as he was quoted as doing in this thread.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don´t know.
The first question you´d have to ask in order to answer this to yourself:
Are you thinking, doing or saying different things in other places than "around here"?
That's a good point.

I have posted on another site a couple of times, and both times I don't say anything different there than I do here.

In fact, I have even issued my Apple Challenge there as well.

Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist
(Sorry if this has been mentioned already.)

Hitler was not a creationist and it is unlikely that he was a christian. His book Mein Kampf goes into great detail about how he believes evolution and natural selection made some human races "superior" to others. ...

Many Christians believe evolution is true, and is the process God used to create life.

Many Christians also believe that some races are superior to others.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist
Do many Seekers as well?

Or are you just an "authority" on 'many Christians'?

Sorry, I thought this would qualify as common knowledge. I assumed you were familiar with the history of the United States of America.

All we need to do is go back 75 years in the history of the USA. A huge Christian population and blacks were segregated, and they couldn't drink out of the same water fountains or eat at the same restaurants as whites.

I believe the US Constitution counted blacks as only 3/5th of a man or something along those lines. How many Christians were there in the USA when that was taken out? Wasn't slavery part of the reason the Civil War occurred?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.