Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I was a Southern Baptist for over fifty years and I know of no such facilities.

The thought of a Southern Baptist monastery intrigues me, however. Being divorced and having no desire to involve myself in that sort of self-abuse again is a driving force. The other members would probably all have to firearms enthusiasts as well.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Goodbook said:
Regarding southerners...

Well. Maybe the ones that were slaves lived in shanty towns on the edge of plantation owners property. Cos they wouldnt have been allowed inside. I dont know.
An amazing display of prejudice and thread deviation.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yea I was watching the Help.

I dont know if that still happens in the south but they were pretty racist and the southern baptists condoned slavery. I heard. Correct me if Im wrong.

Black baptists had their own churches and they got bombed by whites. And...i imagine they had nowhere to go. If they couldnt use the same toilets, sit anywhere on the bus or live in same houses as the white folk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yea I was watching the Help.

I dont know if that still happens in the south but they were pretty racist and the southern baptists condoned slavery. I heard. Correct me if Im wrong.

Black baptists had their own churches and they got bombed by whites. And...i imagine they had nowhere to go. If they couldnt use the same toilets, sit anywhere on the bus or live in same houses as the white folk.
If you want to discuss slavery in the South, Jim Crow laws and such things you should start another thread.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I now recall seeing a notice on my church noticeboard about someone seeking a room to rent and saying they only wanted to live with white europeans.

Not sure what to think of that but if I had a spare room they wouldn't want to live with me even though I am a christian as well.

:-(

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Also some students went to our church and were staying at the bible college for their first year and then got a flat, but not with the baptists, it was with the anglican church - the manse next to the church which I think they rented out.

I have no idea who rents out the baptist manse but the pastor does not live there, and its not anyone in our church.

I just find that a bit weird. Also when the youth pastor needed a home he and his family were staying with his mum, he did not live there either. I would think a pastor would want to live close to the church if accomodation is provided. They went and bought their own house.

Upvote 0