Aug 3, 2003
R'lyeh
Visit site
✟6,762.00
Faith
Atheist
Eryk said:
"As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked."
I can agree with this wholely. Bad as you may think he is, taking pleasure in even his death is not a way to be followed if you want an end to violence.

That being said, I'll certainly shed no tears for him if he was behind some of the terrorist acts in Iraq.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, it does seem kind of sick to roll around in the glory that he is dead....but yet I know he did the same in regards to the innocent killings of others.

With that being said, may he be judged not just for his deeds but according to my faith, his relationship/lack of with Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Nooj

Senior Veteran
Jan 9, 2005
Sydney
✟19,215.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
AU-Greens
Good riddance.

I'm a bit more pessimistic. I think the terrorists will double their efforts in the coming weeks so as to not lose face in the eyes of the world. They'll try to pretend that Al Zarqawi's death wasn't a big deal and try to go on doing the same murderous stuff.

Upvote 0

meebs

The dev!l loves rock and roll
Aug 17, 2004
Alpha Quadrant
Visit site
✟17,879.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
revolutio said:
I can agree with this wholely. Bad as you may think he is, taking pleasure in even his death is not a way to be followed if you want an end to violence.

That being said, I'll certainly shed no tears for him if he was behind some of the terrorist acts in Iraq.

agreed. and im glad im not the only one thinking this :)

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nooj said:
I think the terrorists will double their efforts in the coming weeks so as to not lose face in the eyes of the world. They'll try to pretend that Al Zarqawi's death wasn't a big deal and try to go on doing the same murderous stuff.

Remember the post of a smart young man. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good grief, they are showing his (deceased) picture on CNN.com

Dumb question...
If they knew for sure 100% where he was, why was he not attempted to be detained alive...and if they were not 100% sure...why did they bomb a safehouse not knowing who was in there...civilian or criminal.(?)

Reactions: Yusuf Evans
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I feel the same way as you Sundragon2012, it's a little sickening to see people rejoicing in the death of a person. Rejoice in the fact that his reign of terror cannot continue, but don't rejoice in the death of another man. This will be a morale booster for the US troops, but I don't think this will affect the insurgency.

Upvote 0

BlessedMan

Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
Ginny said:
Good grief, they are showing his (deceased) picture on CNN.com

Dumb question...
If they knew for sure 100% where he was, why was he not attempted to be detained alive...and if they were not 100% sure...why did they bomb a safehouse not knowing who was in there...civilian or criminal.(?)

So after hearing about him being in different locations several dozen times and missing him each time, you'd expect the military to put a mission together putting many soldiers in grave danger which would take too long resulting in his escape again? Just to have him on trial and make a fool of himself like Saddam is doing? Bombing him was the way to go for sure.

I agree though...I wish he hadn't been such an awful guy that needed to be killed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hello, boys and girls. This is your old pal, Stinky Wizzleteats. This is a song about a whale. No! This is a song about being happy! That's right! It's the Happy Happy Joy Joy song!
Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!​
I don't think you're happy enough! That's right! I'll teach you to be happy! I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs! Now, boys and girls, let's try it again!
Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!​
If'n you aint the grandaddy of all liars! The little critters of nature... They don't know that they're ugly! That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumblebee! I told you I'd shoot! But you didn't believe me! Why didn't you believe me?!
Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy Joy Joy​
Happy Happy Happy Happy
Happy Happy Happy Happy
Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!

Upvote 0