✟151,413.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But I do........ I can't help it :eek:
The help is easy, just try to imagine how would such process work in a common life with common people.

What is easy in fiction movies is not even possible in the complexity of real life.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟32,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you read my post? I said that, as Christians, our lives revolve around the SON; S-O-N. The Son is obviously Jesus.
It's an analogy. Just as the sun is at the centre of the physical universe, so the SON, Jesus, should be at the centre of our world and our lives.
Just as the earth is not at the centre of the universe with everything revolving around it, so we are not meant to be at the centre of our own lives; the centre of attention, putting ourselves first and demanding that it's all about us.

I didn't make up that analogy either, that was Max Lucado in one of his excellent books.

We were on about the sun.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's an analogy. Just as the sun is at the centre of the physical universe, so the SON, Jesus, should be at the centre of our world and our lives.
Just as the earth is not at the centre of the universe with everything revolving around it
The sun stopped one day, not the earth.
The world did not stop.
The sun stopped.
Einstein and the ten top math experts in the world
showed it is all a matter of perspective - it is entirely do-able, possible,
and from the Bible it is more likely.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,056,370.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We were on about the sun.
Yes. Just as the sun - s-u-n - is at the centre of the physical universe, so the Son - S-O-N - should be at the centre of our lives; our universe, if you like.
Obviously that analogy doesn't work with a geocentric earth. Geocentric earth believers say that the earth is at the centre of the universe; the most important thing and everything else revolves around us.
That would work as an analogy if talking to humanists - they believe the human being is the highest power that there is.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟32,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The help is easy, just try to imagine how would such process work in a common life with common people.

It makes for good conversations, as long as I don't talk about flat earth :(

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟151,413.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It makes for good conversations, as long as I don't talk about flat earth :(
I meant the help to not see conspiracies everywhere is easy - just imagine the complications of such massive conspiracies in daily life.

Its easy to present a conspiracy in a simplified movie's scenario, but not with billions of people, such random, chaotic environment with so many butterfly effects and black swan events cannot be controlled or contained.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,056,370.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But I do........ I can't help it :eek:
If you really felt it was a problem and wanted help, you could ask for it - from God, the doctors or both.
You previously said that you believe that every word of the Bible is true, "to the letter."
If you believe that the Bible - God's word - is true, why read books and watch YouTube clips which may be about things that aren't in the Bible (Antarctica, other lands, alien invasions) and by people who may not even believe in God?

Especially when it leads you to make statements like "we have to be sure in case of alien invasion". Or, when I say "the shape of the earth doesn't matter, cannot affect our spiritual life or negate our salvation", and you say "are you sure about that?" Or when I posted verses from God's word which say that nothing can separate us from God's love, then stated that I am fully vaccinated and you replied "at least the devil will be happy."
If you say you believe God's word, trust it and forget about silly conspiracy theories. Which the authors themselves may not actually believe in; they just want to make money.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟32,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you believe that the Bible - God's word - is true, why read books and watch YouTube clips which may be about things that aren't in the Bible (Antarctica, other lands, alien invasions) and by people who may not even believe in God?

I believe God has given me great insight about Antarctica & these extra lands, as when I'm researching something it just falls into my hands or I have a dream, I pray every day for God to grant me more knowledge on these subjects. I know that people laugh and mock, but didn't they do this to Jesus.
So I say, let them, carry on, as I know I am right & one day you will see the truth.

King James Bible
He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,056,370.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe God has given me great insight about Antarctica & these extra lands, as when I'm researching something it just falls into my hands or I have a dream,
What makes you think that is from God?
Serious question.
I pray every day for God to grant me more knowledge on these subjects.
He has provided many gifted people who have researched, discovered and invented things to help them discover more about these subjects. I have no doubt that the Christians among them pray and ask God to help them in their work, or to use the gifts that they have been given.
Some, who had been atheists, have even come to faith through such work. And yet if we mention this to you, you dismiss them all as liars or "deluded freemasons".

Why is it ok for you to pray to God to give you more knowledge about these things, yet if anyone else does it, they are wrong and you don't believe them?
I know that people laugh and mock,
People mock because, although you are entitled to believe whatever you like, your statements about such matters have been proved to be incorrect.
Regarding Antarctica, for example: it is apparently the name given to the circumference of the earth, it has thick walls of ice around it. It is apparently heavily guarded by the military, and people who travel there can only go so far before they are either turned away, or come up against these walls of ice. They cannot be allowed to hack through these walls because they would end up in other lands which kings and elite leaders will not allow.
Aside from the fact that this reads like something out of a science fiction book, it can be proved/disproved quite easily. You could go there for yourself, take photos, talk to all these military people, make videos etc and come back and tell us. Or go and ask a travel agent to tell you about Antarctica, how far you can travel once you are there and so on. You could read about it in an encyclopaedia, or watch documentaries about it by people who have been there.
You won't do/haven't done any of these things. Instead, you go onto YouTube and manage to find a clip which, you think, proves your point. It doesn't always, but such is the nature of your research.

So if you keep making statements like that, shun all requests that you find out for yourself and dismiss photos, documents and eye witness testimonies as "lies", of course people are going to mock.
but didn't they do this to Jesus.
There is absolutely no similarity between Jesus teaching about God, doing miracles to show he was from God (forgiving sins, raising the dead) yet being opposed for his claims that he WAS God - and you making unscientific, easily disproved statements and dismissing everyone who disagrees with you as being a liar.
So I say, let them, carry on, as I know I am right & one day you will see the truth.
You're not.
And the truth is that a) this is not a Biblical teaching and b) it does not affect, or negate, our salvation.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟32,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Serious question.
He has provided many gifted people who have researched, discovered and invented things to help them discover more about these subjects. I have no doubt that the Christians among them pray and ask God to help them in their work, or to use the gifts that they have been given.
Some, who had been atheists, have even come to faith through such work. And yet if we mention this to you, you dismiss them all as liars or "deluded freemasons".

Why is it ok for you to pray to God to give you more knowledge about these things, yet if anyone else does it, they are wrong and you don't believe them?

People mock because, although you are entitled to believe whatever you like, your statements about such matters have been proved to be incorrect.
Regarding Antarctica, for example: it is apparently the name given to the circumference of the earth, it has thick walls of ice around it. It is apparently heavily guarded by the military, and people who travel there can only go so far before they are either turned away, or come up against these walls of ice. They cannot be allowed to hack through these walls because they would end up in other lands which kings and elite leaders will not allow.
Aside from the fact that this reads like something out of a science fiction book, it can be proved/disproved quite easily. You could go there for yourself, take photos, talk to all these military people, make videos etc and come back and tell us. Or go and ask a travel agent to tell you about Antarctica, how far you can travel once you are there and so on. You could read about it in an encyclopaedia, or watch documentaries about it by people who have been there.
You won't do/haven't done any of these things. Instead, you go onto YouTube and manage to find a clip which, you think, proves your point. It doesn't always, but such is the nature of your research.

So if you keep making statements like that, shun all requests that you find out for yourself and dismiss photos, documents and eye witness testimonies as "lies", of course people are going to mock.

There is absolutely no similarity between Jesus teaching about God, doing miracles to show he was from God (forgiving sins, raising the dead) yet being opposed for his claims that he WAS God - and you making unscientific, easily disproved statements and dismissing everyone who disagrees with you as being a liar.

You're not.
And the truth is that a) this is not a Biblical teaching and b) it does not affect, or negate, our salvation.

Phew - you've certainly got a lot to say.

Serious question.

I just know

He has provided many gifted people who have researched, discovered and invented things to help them discover more about these subjects.

Yes, just be careful as there is a lot that comes through Satan.

I have no doubt that the Christians among them pray and ask God to help them in their work, or to use the gifts that they have been given.
Some, who had been atheists, have even come to faith through such work.

There are many flat earthers who have been atheists who have also come to the faith.

Just as you guys have dismissed Dean Odle a liar, I am allowed to be discerning.

Soon to be proved right.

Correct.

I've already explained my reasons for not going to Antarctica.

You're not.

I am right.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,056,370.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Phew - you've certainly got a lot to say.
Which is one way, I suppose, of answering my question or considering the issues.

Yes, just be careful as there is a lot that comes through Satan.
I hope you realise this too.
I hope you realise that saying that something which comes from God - the gifts that he gives - and attributing it to Satan is the unforgiveable sin. I'm not saying you have committed that, because I don't know details. But certainly if there was someone who told you that they were a Christian, that God had given them gifts of experimenting, discovery and so on and they had proved the earth to be a sphere, and you told them that their gifts had come from Satan; that would be dangerously close.

There are many flat earthers who have been atheists who have also come to the faith.
And there are probably still many flat earthers who don't believe the Bible at all. Despite your claim that if atheists believed in a flat earth they'd believe the Bible and there would be hundreds of conversions.
I've already explained my reasons for not going to Antarctica.
Since you refuse to do the one thing that would settle the matter - going to see for yourself and taking photographs - I suggest you're not that keen on proving your position. Or are you scared that you'll find out what people have been telling you all along?

You could go down to a travel agents and ask for dome brochures; far simpler and cheaper. But you'll no doubt say they are all lies.
I am right.
If you want to believe you are correct to hold an unbiblical belief which you have no intention of trying to prove to us (I mean about Antarctica, not the flat earth); so be it.

It makes no difference anyway. If I woke up tomorrow and said "the earth is flat, hallelujah" - I'd still be exactly the same before God as I am now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟32,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I do very much so.
I hope you realise that saying that something which comes from God - the gifts that he gives - and attributing it to Satan is the unforgiveable sin. I'm not saying you have committed that, because I don't know details.

I have never done this, my reliable source is either Dean Odle or Rob Skiba, two Christians who I know I can trust, one whom is in heaven walking with the Lord as we speak.

But certainly if there was someone who told you that they were a Christian, that God had given them gifts of experimenting, discovery and so on and they had proved the earth to be a sphere, and you told them that their gifts had come from Satan; that would be dangerously close.

Well there's no danger of this happening anytime soon, as to prove that the earth is a sphere is impossible.
Now for someone to lie about the earth being a sphere, now that's a different story altogether.

It makes no difference anyway. If I woke up tomorrow and said "the earth is flat, hallelujah" - I'd still be exactly the same before God as I am now.

If I woke up tomorrow And they said the earth was flat (which it is) I would not only be ecstatic & praise God, I would be getting ready for all the revivalists to come out of their closets, can you imagine it ?

Have faith. :praying:

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,056,370.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do very much so.
I seriously doubt that you do - not if you think that God talks to you about ice walls in Antarctica which are guarding other worlds.
I have never done this,
You have been told - on this thread, or others - that at least one of those who walked on the moon was a born again Christian.
You dismiss them as being liars.
Well there's no danger of this happening anytime soon, as to prove that the earth is a sphere is impossible.
You have no answer for those who have proved that it is a sphere - but you have said that you cannot prove your own belief (flat earth).

Have faith. :praying:
Oh I have plenty of faith - but not in the non Biblical, unproveable, unimportant teaching that the earth is a flat disc.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟32,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have been told - on this thread, or others - that at least one of those who walked on the moon was a born again Christian.
You dismiss them as being liars.

They are liars, nobody has walked on the moon, end of

You have no answer for those who have proved that it is a sphere

That's because nobody has proved it's a sphere.

I seriously doubt that you do - not if you think that God talks to you about ice walls in Antarctica which are guarding other worlds.

I don't think God talks to me, I know that he does, doesn't God talk to you ?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Read Absolute proof.. can't deny.. the earth is flat, the "P.S.".

Most Bible Dictionaries will tell you that Bible works with the Mesopotamian (mostly Babylonian) concept of the universe, so its no rare view or even a secret. Its a mainstream view.

The Old Testament uses many ancient Mesopotamian concepts, because, well, its from ancient Mesopotamia.

As the Old Testament refers to chaotic preexisting waters, to thinking in kidneys, to sea monster Leviathan, to giants, to Flood, so it also refers to a stationary "flat" Earth with a solid dome. Do you wish me to post the Bible dictionary section about this ancient concept, again? I may even find a picture.
-​

There is nothing, absolutely nothing in your library I need to read.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I hope you realise that saying that something which comes from God - the gifts that he gives - and attributing it to Satan is the unforgivable sin. I'm not saying you have committed that, because I don't know details. But certainly if there was someone who told you that they were a Christian, that God had given them gifts of experimenting, discovery and so on and they had proved the earth to be a sphere, and you told them that their gifts had come from Satan; that would be dangerously close.
-​

This is simply not the correct understanding of the unforgivable sin (blasphemy of The Holy Spirit)

This sin, which is found only in Matthew 12, was not an individual sin any single person can or could have committed.
It was a sin that only the nation of Israel could have committed (which they did) when the nation rejected Jesus. As The promised Messiah from the prophecies of The Tanakh.

The rejection was based on the miracles Jesus did. With the Jewish leaders accusing Jesus of doing His miracles by the power of the prince of the demons beelzebub and not by the power of God being The Holy Spirit..

Unpardonable Sin Question

Upvote 0