Penang
✟46,081.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My friends from RC church said his church does not enforce tithe (10%).
He said NT does not enforce tithe but a grateful heart to give.
OT tithe is the covenant between God and Israel only. Because the tithe 10% is for Levites.

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
OT tithe is the covenant between God and Israel only. Because the tithe 10% is for Levites.

I agree .... you can set your own if you want to give ....don't make it law.... give from your heart.

Upvote 0

Terri Dactyl

Aug 27, 2022
Midwest
✟47,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Celibate
You don't have to tithe if you don't want to--I tithe. I claim the promise in Malachi 3:10

"[10] Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."
While I don't have everything I want,I have everything I need.

In our church. the tithe is all sent to the same place and divided among the pastors, so one pastor of a big church does not receive more than the pastor of a small one.

Upvote 0

Ross_Souls

Aug 16, 2022
London
✟10,046.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We have exactly the same here in London. Every Saturday morning the Unified Church of the Kingdom of God, UCKG's swivel eyed followers are out in their dozens trying to get people into their churches so they can sign them up for tithes. they even have a large print book about why it is right to give tithes, no matter even if you are a tramp on the street. Even beggars have to give UCKG 10% of thier beggings.
But right alongside of them most Saturday's are the Jehovah's Witnesses who are absolutly adamant that Tithing is WRONG and does not apply to Christians, quoting quotes from the bible to prove their point, the same bible that UCKG point to when they want to justify their 10%.
Perhaps if the good Lord had been a little clearer on the matter!

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Yes, He did say to give 10% to the church ... tithing was/is not a covenant, not a requirement. I think the greater teachings on this is glossed over (back then and today) .... the purpose of the tithe was to help the church promote the gospel and to help the down trodden .... people should give .... and do so according to their heart ... and has always been that way.

God isn't/doesn't keep financial records (He owns everything) .... he looks at the motivation inside the heart. So the overall teaching is to give back from what you have been given .... and that's not specific to one group or another ... nor a set dollar amount.

This is seen in the story about the widow's mite.

Be cheerful when you give no matter what that is.

Upvote 0