Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
A human being is created at conception. It is a living human being. It is nothing less than that. It has a soul, given by God.

It is not a dog, a cat, a pig, a rat, a horse etc etc.....

It is a human being...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I ask yet another difficult question for me (I've never had an abortion), but let's look at a scenario where if someone is raped by someone they're not interested in or attracted to, that would be horrible, horrifying and disgusting, in that case I would want an abortion. is abortion killing/murder? is the answer obvious? If the answer is clearly yes, that abortion is killing/murder, that is just so horrible! So God would not allow it in this case, why not? Thank you all for your help :(

The sin of the parent should never be taken out on the innocent child. Yes, abortion is always murder. If a child is conceived, God has a purpose for that life. Killing the baby will not heal the wounds that the mother has suffered; it will only add to them. She needs care, comfort, support, and help, and so will the child. If she does not wish to keep the baby, there are waiting lists of families eager to adopt newborns.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I ask yet another difficult question for me (I've never had an abortion), but let's look at a scenario where if someone is raped by someone they're not interested in or attracted to, that would be horrible, horrifying and disgusting, in that case I would want an abortion. is abortion killing/murder? is the answer obvious? If the answer is clearly yes, that abortion is killing/murder, that is just so horrible! So God would not allow it in this case, why not? Thank you all for your help :(
I find there are a lot of circumstances where people will do it anyway.

The main passages that come back to remembrance when I see the word abortion, are those old testament passages about those gods people worshiped and sacrificed their babies on an altar. I'm also reminded of the story of Moses, he should have been killed as an infant but lived anyway because the midwives chose to not listen to Pharaoh.

I find it's difficult in Canada, since it is legal, and there is a lot of sentiment that it doesn't count as life unless it is outside the womb. A lot of emphasis is placed on individual rights - while the rights of the unborn are not considered because the person bearing it has the right to choose.

So in a sense, it's really up to you. You really need that conviction: Some people have it, and some people don't.

Doing something when you're unsure of what to do is also a sin, since everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Since this will result in the end of a life, some resolve is required whatever you decide.

In general, your reaction in the OP where you seem to be not so sure, you might want to examine your inner thoughts to determine why that is.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes I am against it, but there are circumstances that I can understand.

Also, an obscurely and somewhat possible fiendish side of me does think that some people shouldn't be parents at all. Just out of judgement towards some kids i've seen and met. That danielle bregoli girl (Cash me outside girl from Dr Phil) is an example of a kid whose parent should not have been parent at all.

Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
The son shouldnt pay for the sins of the father.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, abortion is wrong. Period.

What people choose to do beyond that point is justification of their free will.

As a person, I can certainly see through human eyes ways to justify "our ways" rather than God's.... the question is, do I agree with man... or do I agree with God?

Lot was a case of incest and rape, yet God did not declare that the children be killed.

God does not sromp on the free will of those that wish to do that which is in opposition to His word....... so nor do I seek to control the actions of others..... all I can do is agree with God.... through human eyes there are MANY ways we can use to justify our wicked deeds, even if it sounds truly noble and honorable, if we are in disagreement with God, the very one that is righteous, we can not also be righteous and instead we should see our hearts as Christ claimed them to be "deceitful"
Jeremiah 17:9

As to the politics of the issue.... ..... the world will do what the world will do.

The question was... is it wrong... so the answer depends who you trust in. God or the world.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,669.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

yes abortion is killing.
it's wrong to kill a baby for what its parent did. it's not the baby's fault, why should the baby be punished because its parent is a rapist.
abortion in the event of rape is wrong.
adopt out the baby.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The sin of the parent should never be taken out on the innocent child. Yes, abortion is always murder. If a child is conceived, God has a purpose for that life. Killing the baby will not heal the wounds that the mother has suffered; it will only add to them. She needs care, comfort, support, and help, and so will the child. If she does not wish to keep the baby, there are waiting lists of families eager to adopt newborns.

Adoption isn't as reliable or guaranteed as you think. There are many children who are never adopted at all, there are studies shown that many of them also commit suicide or end up living a life of crime.

God's has a purpose but this world is practically not a perfect world at all. If the line "God has a purpose for this life" is to be argued then most of these children should not have ended in such a dark fate.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God has a plan concerning the time and place of our births:
-“And he made from one man every race of men to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted epochs and the fixed boundaries of the places where they would live;” (Acts 17:26)

He formed us:
-“For You formed my innermost parts; You knit me [together] in my mother’s womb” Psa 139:13
-“Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?” Mal 2;10
-“The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.” Job 33:44
-"I will put ligaments on you, place muscles on you, and cover you with skin. I will put breath in you, and you will live. Then you will know that I am Yahweh." Eze 37:6

God has a plan for each one:
-“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” Jer 29:11
-“And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, for those who are called according to his purpose,” Rom 8:28
-“who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time eternal,” II Tim 1:9
-“I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.” Psa 32:8
-“And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.” Isa 58:11

• Winner
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're okay with a mother dying?? Ask her husband and children how they feel when her life could have been saved by a surgical procedure. Is it God's will for her to needlessly die because of other people's wrong beliefs?
This is such a myth. Read the medical journals concerning abortions. Petty much nonexistent. Ectopic pregnancies/ miscarriages do not fall into the abortion category. Abortion on demand is wrong and is not healthcare.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Adoption isn't as reliable or guaranteed as you think. There are many children who are never adopted at all, there are studies shown that many of them also commit suicide or end up living a life of crime.

God's has a purpose but this world is practically not a perfect world at all. If the line "God has a purpose for this life" is to be argued then most of these children should not have ended in such a dark fate.

The solution is not to murder the children.

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Those, are their choices.

Did they CHOOSE to be botn of such a situation? No

They DO choose a life of crime or suicide. Is it tragic? Absolutely, but they were allowed the opportunity to live and MAKE that choice, not have it made for them before giving them a chance to live as "an angel" or as "a devil"

What if the man to find a cure for covid, was aborted 20 years ago? (Bad example, but it illustrates a point)

Just because the statistics may say thst the child may grow up to be a criminal or ommit suicide, doesnt mean the world is better off eithout them... or that they dont deserve the opportunity to choose, who and what they become.

There are MANY prople that had horrible backgrounds and chose to becone someone positive. Both as a testimony of the human spirit.... but more importantly IF they find Christ.

A testimony to the world of the darkness His light can pull you out of.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Thou shall not kill does not contain an exception for a conception that is inconvenient or unhappy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thou shall not kill does not contain an exception for a conception that is inconvenient or unhappy.
Actually it’s supposed to be murder. Killing is sometimes unavoidable. So it’s murder. We’ve murdered more that were murdered in the holocaust now. The bonus for pro-aborts is that it’s big business now. Profits to be made. Blood money.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have my own personal experience with the matter of unplanned pregnancy in very unfavorable circumstances. I won't detail it here (as there are people on this site who unfortunately use others' personal testimonies in cruel and hurtful ways), but I can say that I do not speak from ignorance on this matter.

• Prayers
Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Actually it’s supposed to be murder. Killing is sometimes unavoidable. So it’s murder. We’ve murdered more that were murdered in the holocaust now. The bonus for pro-aborts is that it’s big business now. Profits to be made. Blood money.
The authorized version says kill not murder. A study of the term makes clear we're talking about murder. Furthermore there is justified killing in scripture. In any event, there is no evidence thst abortion is ever justified.

• Agree
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course it's wrong. Do two wrongs ever equal a right?

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Those, are their choices.

Did they CHOOSE to be botn of such a situation? No

They DO choose a life of crime or suicide. Is it tragic? Absolutely, but they were allowed the opportunity to live and MAKE that choice, not have it made for them before giving them a chance to live as "an angel" or as "a devil"

What if the man to find a cure for covid, was aborted 20 years ago? (Bad example, but it illustrates a point)

Just because the statistics may say thst the child may grow up to be a criminal or ommit suicide, doesnt mean the world is better off eithout them... or that they dont deserve the opportunity to choose, who and what they become.

There are MANY prople that had horrible backgrounds and chose to becone someone positive. Both as a testimony of the human spirit.... but more importantly IF they find Christ.

A testimony to the world of the darkness His light can pull you out of.

your thoughts are very ideal, but highly oblivious to absolute circumstances that others really can not escape from. Suicide isn't just a choice that can be simplified or taken in a very condescending manner it's really a fall into despair if people could just snap their fingers and make their lives contrast to what their reality show, then who wouldn't?

What about children who where ended born with parents who raped them and locked them in closets for many years of their lives, you'd think their despair and world views are just options for them to think of?

Im not saying i support abortion, i don't. But at the same time i do understand there are circumstances that can't just be judged with the Christian pen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.