Not open for further replies.

invisible trousers

~*this post promotes non-nicene christianity*~
Apr 22, 2005
✟20,718.00
Faith
Non-Denom
butxifxnot said:
Most liberals pushing for continued (?)abortion legalization admit that abortion is wrong. Their scruple comes with the thought that they are pushing their morals onto society. So, with this in mind, why don't we legalize murder?

So this means you're unable to show how abortion negatively effects society in the same way murder does?

Upvote 0

MC1171611

Jul 22, 2005
Indiana
✟772.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
invisible trousers said:
So this means you're unable to show how abortion negatively effects society in the same way murder does?

Who cares if it does effect society. It is murder, God hates murder, and that makes it wrong. Unless, of course, you don't have the Word of God, and don't know what God meant.

Upvote 0

Panther_Shadow83

May 21, 2005
✟15,424.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
MC1171611 i've heard it all, so just shut up, i dont like the fact of eating dead animals. sorry for being so rude but i'm sick of people telling me animals have no souls, how we are SUPPOSED to kill animals and eat their almost rotting flesh

anywho, back to abortion.... if ur stupid enough to have premarital sex, then have fun with ur kid and dont complain, if ur raped u should at least have a choice.

what abt incest? what if the baby will turn out deformed? or we can just cut off its head and deep fry it and sell it at mcdonalds.

Upvote 0

Panther_Shadow83

May 21, 2005
✟15,424.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I don't care if you don't want to hear it; all I know is that someone here (not me) needs to have some sense slapped into them. Murder, for whatever reason, is MURDER; rape, incest, deformation, whatever. God can use the poor kid who has three arms; give God a chance!
perhaps im not the only one who needs a slap?

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
enelya_taralom said:
The chance of getting pregnant during rape is very small, as one's body goes into shock, so I don't think abortion is acceptable in the situation of rape either.
How does the frequency of the question occuring alter the answer? Answer: it doesn't.

However rare, it does happen that people get pregnant from rape.

In my opinion, this is one of those situations where there is no good answer, just a choice of two bad ones. In that situation it has to be up to the mother to decide. Similarly when the mother is a young victim of abuse or similar.

I also think abortion is reasonable when the mother's life is severely endangered by continuing the pregnancy.

Saying "God will heal" in this situations, like it's some kind of magical mantra is a cop out. God gives us responsibility to address the problems of this world.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Nichole17 said:
[size=-2][size=-1]'Read this, and then tell me, what would Jesus do?'

Abortion Methods[/size][/size]
[size=-2]1. Suction Aspiration: This is the procedure most often used in the first trimester of pregnancy (the first three months). The abortionist inserts a suction tube (similar to a vacuum hose with an extremely sharp end) into the mother's womb. The suction and cutting edge dismember the baby while the hose sucks the body parts into a collection bottle. [/size]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]
[etc][/size][/font]
Proof by yuck factor?

Upvote 0

Panther_Shadow83

May 21, 2005
✟15,424.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
first of all, im so freaking sorry that i dont believe everything written in a very old book thats been translated so many times thing are SURE to be lost in translation. ur a pretty pathetic christian if u think i need a slap because i dont believe in the bible.

secondly,
Who cares if it does effect society. It is murder, God hates murder, and that makes it wrong. Unless, of course, you don't have the Word of God, and don't know what God meant.
at a time like this, bush is (for once) thinking really hard about this decision. hes christian i think so he thinks abortion is wrong, but then he probably thinks about ur first sentence... who cares if it does effect society. trust me, that matters a lot. i just go with the whole statement of "make it legal, if u dont like it then dont do it" when this kind of thing comes in to question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spreadintheword

Mar 7, 2005
✟184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Panther_Shadow83 said:
first of all, im so freaking sorry that i dont believe everything written in a very old book thats been translated so many times thing are SURE to be lost in translation. ur a pretty pathetic christian if u think i need a slap because i dont believe in the bible.

first qeustion are you a christian (i don't know you and i just briefly have been reading these so i am wondering were you stand)
second, it doesn't matter how "old" the book is GOD himself divenly (spelling) inspired it, even though he had a bunch of men write it. GOD had them put what he wanted into it. (PERIOD) i hear a lot of people say that b/c it was written by men it's flawed, or that b/c it's so old it doesn't relate, or the it's been translated so many times. and they are junk arguments, for the first two all i have to say is that GOD inspired it and he knew that we would read it 2,000 years later he wouldn't have written it like he did if we couldn't use it, third the translation thing is junk. that's all i need to say people blow that up a lot more then they should

Upvote 0

Faith In God

A little FIG is all we need...
Apr 3, 2004
Texas
✟36,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Panther_Shadow83 said:
[/size][/font]
well, not only that, but the fact that a young girl is forced to have a child she doesnt want cuz some sicko is roaming around
Don't kill a kid for the sin of the father.
im vegetarian, so iwont comment (much) on ur chicken comment... so its ok to kill millions of animals a year but its not ok to kill one baby? pfft.
:| I'm not going to comment on this horrible statement. You'd rather a baby die than a chicken?
MC said:
Gen. 1:26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen. 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Gen. 9:2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
Thank you.

invisible trousers said:
You don't care about what I say, eh? Something tells me that even if I were to, you wouldn't care. I said what I said, because that is the main argument, not what you are bringing up. I'd rather stick to what I'm familiar with because I am not a sociologist. Could you show that abortion negatively affects society less than murder? If not, then respond to my other argument, which is more pivotal, anyway.
MC1171611 i've heard it all, so just shut up, i dont like the fact of eating dead animals.
Eating meat and abortion are not comparable. Can you not see that?
sorry for being so rude but i'm sick of people telling me animals have no souls, how we are SUPPOSED to kill animals and eat their almost rotting flesh
We aren't 'supposed' to eat animals any more than we are 'supposed to' drink mineral water.
anywho, back to abortion.... if ur stupid enough to have premarital sex, then have fun with ur kid and dont complain,
Calm down. Your posting is getting close to reportable.
ur raped u should at least have a choice.
Don't kill a child just because of someone else's sin! Set the child up for adoption if you can't take care of it!
what abt incest? what if the baby will turn out deformed? or we can just cut off its head and deep fry it and sell it at mcdonalds.
That's pretty much what they do with abortion. How would you like your mother to cut off your head and limbs to be thrown out because you are inconvenient? That is one method of abortion.
first of all, im so freaking sorry that i dont believe everything written in a very old book thats been translated so many times thing are SURE to be lost in translation.
Nope. Read up on the Dead Sea Scrolls, ma'am.
ur a pretty pathetic christian if u think i need a slap because i dont believe in the bible.
The Bible paints the picture of the 'Christ' in the 'Christian' that defines your life.
secondly,
Quote:

at a time like this, bush is (for once) thinking really hard about this decision. hes christian i think so he thinks abortion is wrong, but then he probably thinks about ur first sentence... who cares if it does effect society. trust me, that matters a lot. i just go with the whole statement of "make it legal, if u dont like it then dont do it" when this kind of thing comes in to question.
Let's make murder legal. Then murderers can get counselling and this will be a truly free country!

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Panther_Shadow83 said:
[/size][/font]
im vegetarian, so iwont comment (much) on ur chicken comment... so its ok to kill millions of animals a year but its not ok to kill one baby? pfft.

you've got to be kidding me, you're actually comparing a human life to an animal's?:doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Panther_Shadow83

May 21, 2005
✟15,424.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Feel that way about slavery too?
i said 'with a thing like this' (ok, not exact words, im too lazy to hit the back button on my browser xp) so no, i dont feel the same way abt slavery.

Don't kill a child just because of someone else's sin! Set the child up for adoption if you can't take care of it!

so lets kill the person who sinned? juuust kidding... anywho, I HAVE HEARD IT BEFORE, YOU DONT NEED TO ACT LIKE I'M STUPID. its not just the point of taking care of it, im talking about having the kid in general. however, as your being very rude about me talking to you, i just wont. happy? :)

Nope. Read up on the Dead Sea Scrolls, ma'am.

sorry, i dont believe anything in the bible is true (correct for some things, but not true... if that makes sense o_O)

you've got to be kidding me, you're actually comparing a human life to an animal's?

you interpreted it correctly, yes, i AM comparing an animals life to a humans. just because we have posable thumbs (stupid spelling) and wear clothes doesnt make me think that we're better and should kill them all. not to mention the things ive seen in my life from people who think that animals are worthless, and besides, if your kid was sick you'd take them to the doctors office but most people dont care enough about their hamster to give them medical treatment. thats just wrong if you ask me.

so how about this? lets all STOP BASHING ME ABOUT MY VEGETARIANISM and get back to the topic at hand? i'm all for it :)

Reactions: Faith In God
Upvote 0

MC1171611

Jul 22, 2005
Indiana
✟772.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Panther_Shadow83 said:
so lets kill the person who sinned? juuust kidding... anywho, I HAVE HEARD IT BEFORE, YOU DONT NEED TO ACT LIKE I'M STUPID. its not just the point of taking care of it, im talking about having the kid in general. however, as your being very rude about me talking to you, i just wont. happy? :)

She's not the person telling people to shut up, P_S83.

Panther_Shadow83 said:
sorry, i dont believe anything in the bible is true (correct for some things, but not true... if that makes sense o_O)

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Panther_Shadow83 said:
you interpreted it correctly, yes, i AM comparing an animals life to a humans. just because we have posable thumbs (stupid spelling) and wear clothes doesnt make me think that we're better and should kill them all. not to mention the things ive seen in my life from people who think that animals are worthless, and besides, if your kid was sick you'd take them to the doctors office but most people dont care enough about their hamster to give them medical treatment. thats just wrong if you ask me.

No one asked you, not even God. GASP! You seem to think, you talk, and the Bible says that you have a soul (oh, I know you don't believe the Bible, but it's true wether you think so or not), so that would kinda' make you different from animals. If you want, you can stop thinking, stop talking (please!) and hope that the Bible is wrong, and become an animal. It's totally up to you.

Panther_Shadow83 said:
so how about this? lets all STOP BASHING ME ABOUT MY VEGETARIANISM and get back to the topic at hand? i'm all for it :)

No one besides yourself has said anything to do with your religion; you brought up the stuff: blame yourself.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.