✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Atkin,

SO YOU CAN ANSWER these simple questions

Yes

1- WHEN DID CHRIST GO TO HEAVEN??

Acts 1:11

2- HOW CAN YOU tell biblically that the 1000 year reign is from Heaven as you claim and does the 1000 year reign REQUIRE CHRIST TO BE IN HEAVEN in order to start?? simple yes/no

Rev 4 and 6 describe the 'first resurrection which is the 1000 year reign with Christ. Verse 5 tells us that the rest of the dead do no rise until AFTER the first resurrection. Then we see from 1 THess 4:15 tells us this happens BEFORE the parousia.
Well, any reign WITH Christ would REQUIRE Jesus to be there, yes.

If you read those verses it stands out quite plain.

3- Had the 1000 year reign started WHEN CHRIST was teaching on Earth during the first advent BEFORE his crucifixion??

No.

Justme

Upvote 0

Atkin

Jun 29, 2003
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
Justme said:
Hi Atkin,

Yes

Well, any reign WITH Christ would REQUIRE Jesus to be there, yes.

If you read those verses it stands out quite plain.

No.

Justme

Was Christ not reigning as part of his 1000 years when he gave the vision of Revelation to John?

Christ was in heaven at that time and you claim the Millenial reign is a reign that takes place with Christ in heaven.

Christ was in Heaven when John received that vision and was he reigning then??

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Atkin,

You wrote:
Christ was in heaven at that time and you claim the Millenial reign is a reign that takes place with Christ in heaven.

Remember John saw a VISION....when John wrote about or even when John SAW the vision doesn't mean that the 1000 year reign was going on in reality then...it was a VISION.

Justme

Upvote 0

Atkin

Jun 29, 2003
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
Justme said:
Hi Atkin,

You wrote:

Remember John saw a VISION....when John wrote about or even when John SAW the vision doesn't mean that the 1000 year reign was going on in reality then...it was a VISION.

Justme

Justme,

You said Christ went to heaven in Acts 1:11.... yes or no?

You stated this in your earlier post above.

Now you are not certain whether Christ was in heaven when he gave the Revelation to John.

Why are you now unsure of yourself and what do you mean by A VISION..... do you imply CHRIST WAS NOT IN HEAVEN merely because John saw a vision?
Of course John saw visions, for he is human, not a spirit hence that is the means of revealing heavenly things to mortals.
DID YOU expect John to see God in broaddaylight before believing that anything God intends is reality?

Faith by unseen is what you claim.. so do not contradict yourself.

So does that mean that ALL VISIONS GIVEN BY GOD DID NOT CARRY ANY MEANING or fact of God's presence in Heaven simply because they were visions??

So the visions that Daniel saw WERE nothing to learn from... BECAUSE they were VISIONS??

You know that is hardly logical.

Christ went to heaven in Acts 1:11 AND GAVE THE REVELATION to John after that time.

Again, why do you claim to be UNSURE of Christ's location when you confirmed earlier that Christ ascended into heaven earlier (before the time he gave Revelation to John) in Acts 1:11?

Make a firm decision.

Upvote 0

Atkin

Jun 29, 2003
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
Justme said:
Hi Atkin,

You wrote:

Justme

Hi Justme

Hence, what makes you think that the 1000 years is going on now??

YOU HAVE NOT SEEN CHRIST with your naked eyes BUT YOU HAVE STATED THAT the 1000 year reign is going on NOW IN HEAVEN.

Why then do you doubt that the 1000 year reign had not started when John was seeing the visions in Revelation.. simply because they were visions?

YOU BELIEVE THAT THE 1000 YEAR REIGN is going on now, BUT YOU HAVE SEEN NOTHING IN REALITY... at least John saw visions and even heard words spoken by the Holy Ones.

You are applying double standards here... WHY THEN, SINCE YOU HAVE NOT SEEN CHRIST IN REALITY, DO YOU BELIEVE that the 1000 year reign is going on NOW BUT WAS NOT TAKING PLACE when John was given the vision.?

What have YOU SEEN in reality (THAT you claim John did not see), to give you the evidence that the 1000 year reign is taking PLACE NOW?

Justme said:
Jesus is still at the right hand of God or still in Heaven when this 1000 year reign takes place. If they are going to reign WITH Christ it has to occur where Christ is.. at that time He is IN heaven.
Justme

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Atkin,

Hence, what makes you think that the 1000 years is going on now??

No, I never said it was going on now either. All I have done is point out the sequense that the 1000 year reign must happen in.

To anyone who believes the parousia is 'soon' then the 1000 year reign is either going on now or it is over.

What have YOU SEEN in reality (THAT you claim John did not see), to give you the evidence that the 1000 year reign is taking PLACE NOW?

Again I said John saw a VISION, that vision could have been of a future event, a past event or I guess John could have been taken 'in the spirit' to some event as it happened. However, most on this board put the importance of the Revelarion at the time of the WRITING of the story of the vision and what important war or famine or whatever happened in 96 AD?

Also how would I be privy to anything going on in Heaven now? It is not a certainty that I will EVER get to see what is going on in Heaven. Maybe I'm scheduled for a trip to Hell.

Justme

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Atkin,

There was another post in there that I missed. Sorry.

Now you are not certain whether Christ was in heaven when he gave the Revelation to John.

Actually I said this:

Justme

I don't recall even talking about where Christ was, but yes it follows that Christ was in Heaven,biblically speaking, when He gave the vision to John. That however, means nothing. IT WAS A VISION. It could be a vision of what would take place 5 million years from now.

Faith by unseen is what you claim.. so do not contradict yourself.

Actually what I said was that ' things eternal are unseen.'

2 Cor 4
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

For what it is worth, tho, faith isn't something you can literally see.

So does that mean that ALL VISIONS GIVEN BY GOD DID NOT CARRY ANY MEANING or fact of God's presence in Heaven simply because they were visions??

Nothing I've ever read in the visions described in the bible give me that impression.

Again, why do you claim to be UNSURE of Christ's location when you confirmed earlier that Christ ascended into heaven earlier (before the time he gave Revelation to John) in Acts 1:11?

Hopefully, I never claimed to be unsure of where Christ was or still is.

Jesus is in Heaven, biblically speaking.

So all this is to biblically prove that the 1000 year reign with Christ takkes place in Heaven PRIOR to the parousia.
Do you agree with that?
Justme

Upvote 0

Atkin

Jun 29, 2003
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
I ASKED YOU WHEN CHRIST WENT TO HEAVEN

YOUR RESPONSE IS BELOW

Justme said:
Hi Atkin,

Justme

Justme,

Can't you answer the simple question of where Christ was after Acts 1:11?

Are you not capable of seeing that Christ spoke to John after Acts 1:11 which was after the time when Christ went to heaven?

If Christ went to heaven in Acts 1:11, Christ was still IN HEAVEN WHEN HE SPOKE TO JOHN

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT the Visions, ALL I AM SAYING IS CHRIST WAS IN HEAVEN

THIS IS common sense, if Christ went to HEAVEN IN ACTS 1:11, CHRIST COULD NOT BE IN ANY PLACE OTHER THAN HEAVEN WHEN HE SPOKE TO JOHN IN 96AD. THE VISIONS spoke of some FUTURE events
BUT CHRIST WAS IN HEAVEN at that time.

Obviously, it would be absurd to say Christ was living on Earth, He could have appeared briefly but nothing more.
Was Christ living ON EARTH WHEN HE GAVE THE VISION to John?

Upvote 0

Atkin

Jun 29, 2003
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
Justme said:
Hi Atkin,

So all this is to biblically prove that the 1000 year reign with Christ takkes place in Heaven PRIOR to the parousia.
Do you agree with that?
Justme

Hi Justme,

I am not debating what happens after the 1000 year at this point.

I am clarifying your point regarding the location of Christ and how that relates to the 1000 year reign based on your point that it takes place in Heaven.

If we clarify how the 1000 year reign starts, then we can talk about what happens AFTER THE 1000 year reign.

We cannot conclude anything about the 1000 year reign if we cannot even understand how the 1000 year reign begins in Heaven.

Upvote 0

Atkin

Jun 29, 2003
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
Justme said:
Hi Atkin,

There was another post in there that I missed. Sorry.

Actually I said this:

Justme

I don't recall even talking about where Christ was, but yes it follows that Christ was in Heaven,biblically speaking, when He gave the vision to John. That however, means nothing. IT WAS A VISION. It could be a vision of what would take place 5 million years from now.

Justme
Hi Justme,
I think your response did not focus on the issue at hand. THE VISIONS was not the focus of the debate.... THE FOCUS is CHRIST'S LOCATION.
Of course the Visions spoke of some future events,, SO WHAT? The visions OF THE BEAST , DRAGON ETC DO NOT DETERMINE WHETHER CHRIST IS IN HEAVEN OR NOT. CHRIST LOCATION IS DETERMINED AFTER ACTS 1:11, not by whether the visions were future or otherwise.

Let me show you your error.

Christ went to heaven in Acts 1:11

Some time after that John received a vision GIVEN BY GOD TO CHRIST.

It is illogical to say you are not CERTAIN THAT CHRIST WAS STILL in Heaven when He spoke to John in 96AD REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE VISIONS WERE FUTURE OR NOT.

there are only 2 POSSIBILITIES

****1-- CHRIST COULD EITHER BE IN HEAVEN when He spoke to John in 96AD

*****2 Christ could be living on EARTH with his disciples in 96AD

THERE ARE NO IFS , BUTS, EXCUSES REGARDING VISIONS etc

the option number 2 is absurd, BECAUSE CHRIST was not living ON EARTH IN 96AD..... every novice knows that.

HENCE THERE IS ONLY ONE LOCATION where Christ could be when He spoke to John.

CHRIST WAS NOT LIVING ON EARTH AFTER ACTS 1:11:rolleyes: HENCE CHRIST WAS NOT LIVING ON EARTH WHEN HE SPOKE TO JOHN IN 96AD.

HOW CAN THIS BE confusing to anyone... very simple.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Atkin,

CHRIST WAS NOT LIVING ON EARTH AFTER ACTS 1:11:rolleyes: HENCE CHRIST WAS NOT LIVING ON EARTH WHEN HE SPOKE TO JOHN IN 96AD.

I read back thru some posts looking for places where I goofed up sentences or whatever to give you this idea of what I have said.

I couldn't find what led you astray so I'll state what I mean again.

Jesus returned to Heaven in Acts 1:11.

Jesus is still in Heaven.

John received the VISION sometime before his death which I understand was in the 90's AD.

Jesus was still in Heaven when John received the vision.

I don't see anywhere that says the 1000 year reign began at the ascension. I guess it can start anytime, but I can't think of any verses which pin down the start time of the first resurrection.

All I have put forth is that the 1000 year reign with Christ occurs in the spiritual realm(heaven) and is over BEFORE the parousia. The 1000 year reign with Christ, biblically known as the 'first' resurrection, does not occur on earth, it occurs in Heaven. It is not AFTER the parousia it is BEFORE the parousia.

Does this clear up what I meant now?

Justme

Upvote 0

Atkin

Jun 29, 2003
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
Justme said:
Hi Atkin,

I read back thru some posts looking for places where I goofed up sentences or whatever to give you this idea of what I have said.

I couldn't find what led you astray so I'll state what I mean again.

Jesus returned to Heaven in Acts 1:11.

Jesus is still in Heaven.

John received the VISION sometime before his death which I understand was in the 90's AD.

Jesus was still in Heaven when John received the vision.

I don't see anywhere that says the 1000 year reign began at the ascension. I guess it can start anytime, but I can't think of any verses which pin down the start time of the first resurrection.

All I have put forth is that the 1000 year reign with Christ occurs in the spiritual realm(heaven) and is over BEFORE the parousia. The 1000 year reign with Christ, biblically known as the 'first' resurrection, does not occur on earth, it occurs in Heaven. It is not AFTER the parousia it is BEFORE the parousia.

Does this clear up what I meant now?

Justme

Hi Justme,

We are both in agreement now that Christ was in heaven in 96AD.. quite obvious to all.

You have made a definition, however that you have not justified.
You have been misled by the PLACEMENT OF THE WORD RESURRECTION IN THE LAST SENTENCE OF REVELATION 20:5

You have defined resurrection NOT TO MEAN coming to life.

Could you explain the meaning and focus of the word resurrection
in the verses below?

Rev 20: 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years

WHY DOES THE BIBLE SAY THAT AFTER THAT FIRST RESURRECTION, THEY REIGN FOR 1000 YEARS?? The first resurrection is an event that takes place then THEY SHALL REIGN AFTER THE FIRST RESURRECTION for 1000 years.

**I repeat Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: and shall reign with him a thousand years

REVELATION 20:3 and they RESURRECTED:rolleyes: and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

:rolleyes: The first resurrection as defined by the meaning of the word resurrection is placed as an event OF COMING TO LIFE that takes place... AND AFTER THAT THEY SHALL REIGN FOR 1000 YEARS.

Your definition of what resurrection concerning time alienates itself from the ACTION OF DEAD coming to life as THE BIBLE DEFINES 1ST RESURRECTION in Revelation 20:4

Explain what the term resurrection means in the verses above and why DO YOU MISPLACE it as meaning the entire 1000 years and NOT THOSE WHO CAME TO LIFE as resurrection means in the Bible.

Please explain why you saiod this below:
The 1000 year reign with Christ, biblically known as the 'first' resurrection,

AND WHY DO YOU NOT USE WHAT THE BIBLE MEANS BY 1ST RESURRECTION AS IS EXPLAINED
IN REVELATION 20:3 and they lived and reigned

HOW CAN YOU say " THEY LIVED " IN Revelation 20:4 IS NOT what the term 1st resurrection stands for?

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Atkin,

You have defined resurrection NOT TO MEAN coming to life.

Rev 20 says:
They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

I have no problem with that however it follows that it is a heavenly spiritual life.

The first resurrection is an event that takes place then THEY SHALL REIGN AFTER THE FIRST RESURRECTION for 1000 years.

Yes, I would think that is the way the bible means that.

Yes, they 'lived' and reigned according to scripture. It follows tho, that the 'life' has to be the spirtiual/heavenly life because they reign with Christ PRIOR to the parousia and of course PRIOR to the parousia Jesus is in Heaven. That is what the bible says.

The 1000 year reign with Christ, biblically known as the 'first' resurrection,

You asked me to explain why I said this above...

6Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection...........they .........will reign with him for a thousand years.
Wouldn't this be 'biblically' known as the first resurrection?

HOW CAN YOU say " THEY LIVED " IN Revelation 20:4 IS NOT what the term 1st resurrection stands for?

They come to life...spiritual life, because the event took place in Heaven not on earth. So why would I not say it? I read it as written.

Justme

Upvote 0

Linda8

Aug 10, 2003
South West
✟471.00
Faith
Messianic
Justme,

The first resurrection is the RESURRECTION to life of those people killed as described in Revelation 20:4

and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ

The 1000 years is not a resurrection, it is A TIME PERIOD while the resurrection refers to the coming to life, spiritual or otherwise , of those who were killed as described in Revelation 20:4.

The 1000 years is a TIME PERIOD following the first resurrection.

The sequence of events is

1-RESURRECTION TO LIFE OF THE SOULS .. that is the first resurrection

2- Then they reigned for 1000 years

We cannot also avoid the fact that Christ went to HEAVEN for periods

after his resurrection EVEN BEFORE ACTS 1:11.

Christ spent time in Heaven before Acts 1:11 before LEAVING FINALLY
in Acts 1:11.

John 20:16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father :holy:, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the LORD, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

Jesus WAS NOT visible all the time AS HE WAS BEFORE HE DIED and no human can deny HE WAS not frequenting Heaven for periods after his resurrection. PROOF

Luke 24:35 And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them,

John 21:14
14 This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead.

JESUS TELLS MARY MAGDALENE not to touch him BEFORE HE GOES TO HEAVEN..:holy:. AFTER he returned from heaven, She could touch him IN THE SAME WAY AS THOMAS TOUCHED HIM

---John 20: 26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Hence the visions of the souls who resurrected could easily be the saints of Matthew 27:52 who RESURRECTED and their physical death is not SPIRITUAL DEATH hence they had spiritual life even after whether they died physically again after MATTHEW 27:52.
The saints who resurrected in mathew 27:52 did not die AGAIN SPIRITUALLY hence if you claim the resurrection was spiritual, well, their souls did not die spiritually since they were saints in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Linda8

Aug 10, 2003
South West
✟471.00
Faith
Messianic
Justme said:
They come to life...spiritual life, because the event took place in Heaven not on earth. So why would I not say it? I read it as written.

Justme
Justme
Are you implying a vision of EARTH EVENTS cannot be seen by one receiving a heavenly vision??

You have no basis for that assumption.
You cannot see a vision of earth events happening on the surface of earth when receiving a spiritual vision as John saw.

What about the Vision of the beast and the dragon. Those are earth events but John saw them as a heavenly vision.
You cannot be looking at it from a narrow point of view.

Many of the visions such as the Beast of Revelation 13 , Mark of the beast were seen in Heaven and COULD NOT be seen on the surface of the earth. Did you expect the dragon to be seen in Jerusalem while John was receiving the vision? No. that would be absurd.
The Dragon was not seen in Jerualem when John received the vision, he saw it as a heavenly vision representing EARTH EVENTS.

So why do you assume that the vision John saw represented ONLY THINGS IN HEAVEN. The beast and the false prophet are not located in heaven but John saw them as part of a heavenly vision.

THE VISION IS JUST a message, not necessarily meaning that what John saw was restricted to actually taking place in Heaven.

You are wrong though here--THIS IS NOT MENTIONED AS TAKING place in heaven.. you just assumed so.
and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
YOU CANNOT ASSUME it was in heaven

WAS THIS ALSO IN HEAVEN--? YOU CANNOT tell for nothing mentions heaven in Revelation 20:5
WHAT ABOUT REVELATION 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

The rest of the dead... did they come to life on earth or in heaven and which verse mentions whether they were on earth or in Heaven.

HOW CAN HUMAN BEINGS RESURRECT IN HEAVEN.? your point is flawed.
Human resurrection CANNOT TAKE PLACE in heaven... HOW is this possible.?

Upvote 0

Atkin

Jun 29, 2003
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
Justme said:
You asked me to explain why I said this above...

6Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection...........they .........will reign with him for a thousand years.
Wouldn't this be 'biblically' known as the first resurrection?

Justme

Hi Justme,

Since you have evidence that the humans came to life in Heaven, point out which verse states that THEY CAME TO LIFE in heaven and also explain where this next RESURRECTION below takes place with evidence as well

Rev 20:55 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

does the rest of the dead come to life in Heaven or earth??:confused:

The other poster raised a very important point.. how can humans resurrect in heaven? .. You have no grounds for that conclusion.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Atkin,

In response to last post:

Rev 20:55 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

The second sentence in there may be confusing. The NIV puts the first sentence in brackets which helps.

Verses 4 and 6 spell out WHO those are that are in the first resurrection . Those people will reign WITH Christ for 1000 years.

The first sentence of verse 5 tells us the rest of the dead lived not again until the 1000 years are finished.

does the rest of the dead come to life in Heaven or earth?

The rest of the dead come to life as described here.

1 Thess 4
15According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.

The rest of the dead or those who have fallen asleep precede those who are alive at the parousia.

So here is the sequence....

There is the 1000 year reign WITH Christ...

The 1000 year reign ends(verse 5)

The rest of the dead come to life, are raised, resurrected....

then the parousia.....

It doesn't say in these verses whether the dead come to life a millisecond before those who are physically alive at the parousia or whether it is years or what...just that they precede those who have fallen asleep.

In all of this is the proof you ask for, biblical proof because that is all there is.

The 1000 year reign HAD to occur in Heaven because that is where Jesus is until His parousia.

What happens in the resurrection just prior to or at the parousia is a whole new topic and is not dealt with in these verses we have been talking about.

The other poster raised a very important point.. how can humans resurrect in heaven? .. You have no grounds for that conclusion.

HOW? I don't know how, they live in the spiritual body talked about in 1 Cor 15, but nowhere does it explain the mechanics of such a thing.

And yes, I do have grounds for the conclusion. The bible allows for no other conclusion.

In response to second last post:

Are you implying a vision of EARTH EVENTS cannot be seen by one receiving a heavenly vision??

NO. Which means the next few questions do not apply.

So why do you assume that the vision John saw represented ONLY THINGS IN HEAVEN.

Why do you assume the vision John saw REPRESENTED anything...John saw it as he saw it.

1After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this." 2At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it.

Then take the example of the 1000 year reign which occurs in Heaven. Of course things in the vision were playing out in Heaven as far as the vision is concerned.

THE VISION IS JUST a message, not necessarily meaning that what John saw was restricted to actually taking place in Heaven.

And not necessarily meaning it did not take place in Heaven either as the 1000 year reign points out.

YOU CANNOT ASSUME it was in heaven

You cannot assume otherwise unless you ignore what the bible verses say at Rev 20:4-6 and 1 Thess 4:15.

HOW CAN HUMAN BEINGS RESURRECT IN HEAVEN.? your point is flawed.
Human resurrection CANNOT TAKE PLACE in heaven... HOW is this possible.?

This is the same as from the first post and apparently it can because the bible said it did.

In response to your third last post:

The first resurrection is the RESURRECTION to life of those people killed as described in Revelation 20:4

Yes, but obviously a spiritual resurrection to a spiritual life.

The 1000 years is not a resurrection, it is A TIME PERIOD while the resurrection refers to the coming to life, spiritual or otherwise , of those who were killed as described in Revelation 20:4.

Correct, Rev 4 and 6.

The sequence of events is

1-RESURRECTION TO LIFE OF THE SOULS .. that is the first resurrection

2- Then they reigned for 1000 years

Yes, that is correct, then...

Rev 20 5
5(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.)

Then read 1 Thess 4:14, 15.

That takes us to the parousia.

Next you consider that Jesus returned to Heaven more than just once. I have never read thru looking for that, but I don't recall any rock solid proofs of it. The example verses you give require a fair assumption. However, I don't see why it would matter.

Hence the visions of the souls who resurrected could easily be the saints of Matthew 27:52 who RESURRECTED and their physical death is not SPIRITUAL DEATH hence they had spiritual life even after whether they died physically again after MATTHEW 27:52.

If you want to include these as part of the 'first' resurrection, go ahead. It changes nothing as far as the sequence of events goes regarding Rev 20 and 1 Thess 4.

The saints who resurrected in mathew 27:52 did not die AGAIN SPIRITUALLY hence if you claim the resurrection was spiritual, well, their souls did not die spiritually since they were saints in Christ.

They were 'holy' people so I assume they were slated for eternal life.

So you see if you want to include those holy people who came up out of the tombs as being part of the first resurrection, you have to accept that they are 'living' spiritually in Heaven as we speak. So consider that for a moment... there is spiritual heavenly life in Heaven...The biblical verses say that the 1000 year reign is also in Heaven, what's so difficult to understand there if you believe that those saints from Matthew 27 have been doing this for the last 2000 years anyway?

So now it's been me answering and it's my turn to ask?

How can the 1000 year reign WITH Christ be on earth if Christ is in Heaven when this biblically happens?

Justme

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.