A Third Temple In Jerusalem, Breaking News?

fodare

Sep 5, 2018
Torrance
✟15,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the Church...

The following interpretation came from the Protestant Reformers.

That video is about mystery babylon, it doesn't even mention what I'm asking.

Are you saying the son of perdition will be a pope? And the "Temple of God" is referring to the Vatican? Why wouldn't God's temple be in Israel? you know, in God's nation?

Daniel 9:27
...in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease...

Are you claiming during Jacob's Trouble the Jews are going to be worshiping and sacrificing in the vatican? To me that makes no sense.. especially considering:

Mark 13:14
But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains

If it's in Italy why are the people in Judaea told to flee?

Sorry, I don't see this claim as scriptural.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,257.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes.

'sitteth in the temple of God.'

So either you would argue that means the son of perdition is going to sit inside every single person and declare himself God... from inside... everyone?

Or you think there's a physical temple that needs to be built so this prophecy can come to pass literally.

Where is this temple of God?

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Are you saying the son of perdition will be a pope? And the "Temple of God" is referring to the Vatican? Why wouldn't God's temple be in Israel? you know, in God's nation?

Paul's reference to the “temple” in 2 Thess. 2:4 is to a “naos” (in the Greek) temple, which in every instance where he uses it in his epistles refers to believers, collectively the Church. He refers to a spiritual counterfeit which would situate itself, and usurp spiritual authority, in the Church. It was fulfilled in the apostate papacy which arose beginning in the 4th century, reaching full predominance in the 16th century. In the latter time period, God raised up Luther and other Reformers to reclaim the Church from the spiritual dark ages that had enveloped it.

Mystery Babylon refers to the pagan influences, originating in ancient Babylon, which contributed to the papal apostasy.

Upvote 0

fodare

Sep 5, 2018
Torrance
✟15,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You tell me, I thought it still had to be built.

He refers to a spiritual counterfeit which would situate itself, and usurp spiritual authority, in the Church.
Except, this sitting in the holy place and declaring himself to be God happens during Jacob's Trouble, there is no church present.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,257.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You tell me, I thought it still had to be built.

Except, this sitting in the holy place and declaring himself to be God happens during Jacob's Trouble, there is no church present.

If you read my thread you could see that I was saying it wasn't going yo be built.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

...in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease...

Are you claiming during Jacob's Trouble the Jews are going to be worshiping and sacrificing in the vatican? To me that makes no sense.. especially considering:

Mark 13:14
But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains

If it's in Italy why are the people in Judaea told to flee?

Sorry, I don't see this claim as scriptural.

Jeremiah wrote about the "time of Jacob's trouble" during the captivity in Babylon.
It happened long ago.

As for God's nation, what did Christ say below?

Mat 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Christ said the kingdom would be taken from the nation that rejected the "chief cornerstone", and it would be given to another nation.

That nation which accepted the "chief cornerstone" is found in 1 Peter 2:4-10.

Daniel 9:27 is about the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34.

The following comes from the 1599 Geneva Bible, which is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America.

Dan 9:27 And he shal confirme the couenant with many for one weeke: and in the middes of the weeke he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the ouerspreading of the abominations, he shall make it desolate, euen vntill the consummation determined shalbe powred vpon the desolate.

And he (a) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to (b) cease, (c) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

(a) By the preaching of the Gospel he affirmed his promise, first to the Jews, and after to the Gentiles.

(b) Christ accomplished this by his death and resurrection.

(c) Meaning that Jerusalem and the sanctuary would be utterly destroyed because of their rebellion against God, and their idolatry: or as some read, that the plague will be so great, that they will all be astonished at them.

Daniel Chapter 9: Dr. Kelly Varner

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
His Sanctuary and the Ark of the Covenant are shown in heaven [Revelation 11:19]
Perhaps the Jews fail to read Jeremiah 3:16?

Jeremiah 3:16

“Then it shall come to pass, when you are multiplied and increased in the land in those days,” says Yahweh,
that they will say no more, ‘The Ark of the Covenant of Yahweh.'
It shall not come to mind,
nor shall they remember it,
nor shall they visit it,

nor shall it be made anymore."

The word "Temple<2411>" is never shown once in Revelation.
Just the "Sanctuary/Tabernacle<3485>", within the Temple which included 2 booths within it........

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G3485&t=YLT
Strong's Number G3485 matches the Greek ναός (naos), which occurs 46 times in 40 verses

Revelation 11:19

And was opened the Sanctuary of God in the heaven
and was seen the Ark of the Covenant of Him in the Sanctuary of Him.

And became lightnings and voices/sounds and thunders and quaking and great hail.

Revelation 15:8

And is being-filled-full/repleted the Sanctuary of smoke out of the glory of the God, and out of the power of Him.
And no one was able to be entering into the Sanctuary until should be being finished the seven blows/stripes of the seven Messengers.

http://www.nsbible.org/sits_ts/v0s1.htm

The Camp--The Gate--The Court----The Brazen Altar--The Laver----The First Veil-- The Tabernacle---The Table--The Lampstand--The Golden Altar--The Second Veil--The Mercy Seat and Ark

The Significance of These and Their Antitypes.

http://www.christiandiscussionforums.org/v/showthread.php?t=143947

What is the Court in Reve 11:2 symbolizing?
http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=7272732
The Court in Revelation 11:2

tabernacle100dpi.gif

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,257.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Like I said before, I don't think a 3rd Temple will be built. For me, the 3rd Temple was / is Jesus. He was killed but rose again in 3 days. There is no more 'stone' building. Jesus is the Cornerstone.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Like I said before, I don't think a 3rd Temple will be built. For me, the 3rd Temple was / is Jesus. He was killed but rose again in 3 days. There is no more 'stone' building. Jesus is the Cornerstone.
You can ignore the scriptures that tell us there will be another temple. That is up to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
His Sanctuary and the Ark of the Covenant are shown in heaven [Revelation 11:19]
Perhaps the Jews fail to read Jeremiah 3:16?

Jeremiah 3:16

“Then it shall come to pass, when you are multiplied and increased in the land in those days,” says Yahweh,
that they will say no more, ‘The Ark of the Covenant of Yahweh.'
It shall not come to mind,
nor shall they remember it,
nor shall they visit it,

nor shall it be made anymore."

The word "Temple<2411>" is never shown once in Revelation.
Just the "Sanctuary/Tabernacle<3485>", within the Temple which included 2 booths within it........

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G3485&t=YLT
Strong's Number G3485 matches the Greek ναός (naos), which occurs 46 times in 40 verses

Revelation 11:19

And was opened the Sanctuary of God in the heaven
and was seen the Ark of the Covenant of Him in the Sanctuary of Him.

And became lightnings and voices/sounds and thunders and quaking and great hail.

Revelation 15:8

And is being-filled-full/repleted the Sanctuary of smoke out of the glory of the God, and out of the power of Him.
And no one was able to be entering into the Sanctuary until should be being finished the seven blows/stripes of the seven Messengers.

http://www.nsbible.org/sits_ts/v0s1.htm

The Camp--The Gate--The Court----The Brazen Altar--The Laver----The First Veil-- The Tabernacle---The Table--The Lampstand--The Golden Altar--The Second Veil--The Mercy Seat and Ark

The Significance of These and Their Antitypes.

http://www.christiandiscussionforums.org/v/showthread.php?t=143947

What is the Court in Reve 11:2 symbolizing?
http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=7272732
The Court in Revelation 11:2

tabernacle100dpi.gif
What do you do with Paul's writing that the man of sin will ENTER the most holy place and declare he is God? I am convinced Paul's intent is that it will be a new Jewish temple in Jerusalem.

Reactions: fodare
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What do you do with Paul's writing that the man of sin will ENTER the most holy place and declare he is God? I am convinced Paul's intent is that it will be a new Jewish temple in Jerusalem.
Paul's temple is the "naos" spiritual temple of the believer, collectively the Church.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Paul's temple is the "naos" spiritual temple of the believer, collectively the Church.
Yes, but that is not what Paul was talking about with the man of sin. the man of sin will literally enter the new temple in Jerusalem and declare that he is the God of the Jews. This means a literal temple and a literal man entering that temple. The Naos you speak of is the most holy place in a physical brick and mortar temple.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but that is not what Paul was talking about with the man of sin. the man of sin will literally enter the new temple in Jerusalem and declare that he is the God of the Jews. This means a literal temple and a literal man entering that temple. The Naos you speak of is the most holy place in a physical brick and mortar temple.

Every "temple" in the following is a "naos".

1 Corinthians 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
1 Corinthians 3:17
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1 Corinthians 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Ephesians 2:21
In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
2 Thessalonians 2:4
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Upvote 0

fodare

Sep 5, 2018
Torrance
✟15,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jeremiah wrote about the "time of Jacob's trouble" during the captivity in Babylon.
It happened long ago.
Capitivity in babylon happened a long time ago? Or Jacob's trouble? Because ... Jacob's Trouble hasn't happened yet. Which is when he sits in the temple. So this is irrelevant.

As for God's nation, what did Christ say below?
The rest sounds like you're preaching replacement theology, which is not Biblical and easily disproven:

Amos 9:8
Behold, the eyes of the Lord God are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the Lord.

Amos 9:11
In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old

Isaiah 11:10-12
And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious. And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

But the Bible wasn't written fully in greek, so what makes you think the 'greek' is the end-all answer? What makes those translations you're using "more reliable" then the KJV, who used those translations.... plus many, many others. There's a reason God isn't using the greek language to spread across the world, He isn't using it for His divine Word in this time. Did you know modern hebrew is nothing like biblical hebrew? Biblical hebrew died out. If God needs us to learn dead languages in order to get "his True Word" then why does scripture say:

Mark 13:10
And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

It doesn't say"you need to go find the original version and disregard, venn diagram and cherry pick your favs among every single interpretation you can get your hands on".

The Bible says:

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

If you don't believe in a perfect preservation of exactly what God wants said, even the translators, guided by divine inspiration to keep precisely what God wants to be saying then why do you trust the Bible at all?

Upvote 0