A Third Temple In Jerusalem, Breaking News?

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you do with Paul's writing that the man of sin will ENTER the most holy place and declare he is God? I am convinced Paul's intent is that it will be a new Jewish temple in Jerusalem.

Except, this sitting in the holy place and declaring himself to be God happens during Jacob's Trouble.

How exactly will a modern day stone temple built by modern day Christ rejectors whom John, the Jewish Apostle of the Jewish Messiah, infallibly guided into all truth by the Holy Spirit, testified have no claim to the Father whatsoever, qualify in God’s eyes as “the temple of God” and “most holy place”?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The rest sounds like you're preaching replacement theology, which is not Biblical and easily disproven:

It sounds like you are replacing the one seed, with the many seeds in Galatians 3:16.

It sounds like you are replacing the children of the promise, with the children of the flesh in Romans 9:8.

I sounds like you are replacing the "son" who is the "heir" to the land in Matthew chapter 21, with those who rejected Him as the "chief cornerstone".

It sounds like you are promoting some type of Dual Covenant Theology based on race, instead of on Grace. Galatians 1:6-9, 1 John 2:22-23

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, the Two Peoples of God doctrine falls apart.

The New Covenant: Bob George

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

fodare

Sep 5, 2018
Torrance
✟15,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How exactly will a modern day stone temple built by modern day Christ rejectors whom John, the Jewish Apostle of the Jewish Messiah, infallibly guided into all truth by the Holy Spirit, testified have no claim to the Father whatsoever, qualify in God’s eyes as “the temple of God” and “most holy place”?
Because the holy place was decided long before they rejected their messiah, the temple mount..?

It sounds like you are replacing the one seed, with the many seeds in Galatians 3:16.
Uhm, what? I'm not replacing anything or anyone. You are. Hence: replacement theology. You think the church replaces Israel, and I'm stating that's not the case. This scripture is saying Jesus is from Abraham's seed, that's it.

Uhh lol this chapter is literally saying "it doesn't matter what seed you come from, if you're re-born of the spirit then you're counted as if you were directly part of the seed". It's literally saying they aren't automatically apart of Israel just because they were born there - this is explaining the difference between true faith and just where you were born. You can't claim to be apart of Israel, and therefore part of God's people, simply because you were born there.

Romans 9:6-7
Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel. Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children

I sounds like you are replacing the "son" who is the "heir" to the land in Matthew chapter 21, with those who rejected Him as the "chief cornerstone".
I'm replacing Jesus with those who rejected Jesus? I don't think that makes sense.

It sounds like you are promoting some type of Dual Covenant Theology based on race, instead of on Grace
Lol? Isn't your next argument quoting scripture saying Jesus will make a new covenant? So don't you think there's at least two covenants? Jews weren't saved under the law, they didn't receive the holy spirit. We are saved under grace and we do receive the holy spirit... so clearly, there is more then one kind of gospel. And it's not based on race, it's based on dispensation and faith and/or works. This is why you need to study dispensations.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, the Two Peoples of God doctrine falls apart.
First off, I have no idea what you even mean by 'two peoples of God doctrine'. Secondly, you're arbitrarily combining these scripture just because they both say the words "new covenant". We already know God has new covenants for Adam & Eve, Abraham and Israel... so what makes you think Jesus can't make two new more? Jesus' covenant with the Church is different then His with Israel, and when He goes back to dealing with them exclusively during Jacob's trouble it's different then the first time he made a covenant with them. So that makes 5 unique covenants, and I don't even think that's all of 'em.

Israel is God's nation, Christians are saved under grace through faith and are adopted into the family. This is how everyone is apart of the same, singular, family... while coming from different backgrounds. Jews weren't saved under the law. And the everlasting gospel is not the same as Paul's gospel, how do you reconcile the change? In your interpretation there's no room for the change to the everlasting gospel, and scripture says anyone who preaches another doctrine including angels will be accursed. So... which is it?

This is why you need to REQUIRE a perfect and divine Word of God. Stop using these ugly corrupt modern versions, you're getting all sorts of backwards and confusing doctrine out of them. Do your homework. There's only one perfect version. It's your job to RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH. Not cherrypick, combine and venn diagram your favorite translations.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Choose Wisely
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus' covenant with the Church is different then His covenant with Israel when He goes back to dealing with them exclusively during Jacob's trouble.

Israel is God's nation, Christians are saved under grace through faith and are adopted into the family. This is how everyone is apart of the same, singular, family... while coming from different backgrounds. Jews weren't saved under the law. And the everlasting gospel is not the same as Paul's gospel, how do you reconcile the change? In your interpretation there's no room for the change to the everlasting gospel, and scripture says anyone who preaches another doctrine including angels will be accursed. So... which is it?

You claim to know nothing about the Two Peoples of God doctrine of modern Dispensational Theology and then you turn around and promote the idea.
The Church did not "replace" Israel.
When the Church began on the Day of Pentecost almost all of those present were Israelites.
The Church as a whole has never been a "Gentile Church".

Paul said he was an Israelite, even after his conversion in Romans 11:1.

James addressed his letter to "the twelve tribes" who were his "brethren" in "faith".
Who do you think James was talking to in James 1:1-3?

You must have missed the fact that Peter addressed the crowd on the Day of Pentecost as "all the house of Israel" in the passage below. Who do you think he was talking to?
On that day about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant promised to "the house of Israel" in Jeremiah 31:31-34.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

You also must have missed Paul's warning found below.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

You are promoting the doctrine that was brought to America by John Nelson Darby, about the time of the Civil War.

The verse below kills Darby's doctrine.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because the holy place was decided long before they rejected their messiah, the temple mount..?

Uhm, what? I'm not replacing anything or anyone. You are. Hence: replacement theology. You think the church replaces Israel, and I'm stating that's not the case. This scripture is saying Jesus is from Abraham's seed, that's it.

Uhh lol this chapter is literally saying "it doesn't matter what seed you come from, if you're re-born of the spirit then you're counted as if you were directly part of the seed". It's literally saying they aren't automatically apart of Israel just because they were born there - this is explaining the difference between true faith and just where you were born. You can't claim to be apart of Israel, and therefore part of God's people, simply because you were born there.

Romans 9:6-7
Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel. Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children

I'm replacing Jesus with those who rejected Jesus? I don't think that makes sense.

Lol? Isn't your next argument quoting scripture saying Jesus will make a new covenant? So don't you think there's at least two covenants? Jews weren't saved under the law, they didn't receive the holy spirit. We are saved under grace and we do receive the holy spirit... so clearly, there is more then one kind of gospel. And it's not based on race, it's based on dispensation and faith and/or works. This is why you need to study dispensations.

First off, I have no idea what you even mean by 'two peoples of God doctrine'. Secondly, you're arbitrarily combining these scripture just because they both say the words "new covenant". We already know God has new covenants for Adam & Eve, Abraham and Israel... so what makes you think Jesus can't make two new more? Jesus' covenant with the Church is different then His with Israel, and when He goes back to dealing with them exclusively during Jacob's trouble it's different then the first time he made a covenant with them. So that makes 5 unique covenants, and I don't even think that's all of 'em.

This is why you need to REQUIRE a perfect and divine Word of God. Stop using these ugly corrupt modern versions, you're getting all sorts of backwards and confusing doctrine out of them. Do your homework. There's only one perfect version. It's your job to RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH. Not cherrypick, combine and venn diagram your favorite translations.

There are multiple covenants.

But there are only two Testaments.

In God's New Will and Testament, all covenants and promises are fulfilled in Christ and those who are in Christ.

The OT covenants and promises are the promissory clauses of God's Old Will and Testament, and they are both revoked and fulfilled in the promissory clauses of His New Will and Testament, written in the Blood of His Son Jesus Christ, the Divine Testator, coming into full force and effect upon His death.

If you have made your own Will and Testament, you will see that the very first clause states the following or its equivalent:

"I HEREBY REVOKE all former Wills and other testamentary dispositions by me at any time therefore made and declare this to be my Last Will and Testament."

This means that all former wills and testaments, and all of their promissory clauses in their entirety, are completely null and void. In their place, the promissory clauses of the current last new will and testament are the only ones in force and effect. Any promissory clause which appeared in the old will and testament, but does not appear in the new will and testament, is irrevocably null and void unless yet another new will and testament is made which re-includes it.

Thus we see:

Hebrews 9
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Hebrews 10
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Hebrews 8
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

God`s New Will and Testament is everlasting:

Hebrews 13
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant.

There is none greater.

We see other new promissory clauses of the New Will and Testament in:

Matthew 21:33-45
In this parable, the son, who is identified as the heir, typifies Christ.

Galatians 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Hebrews 1:1,2
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

In them, we see that the Heir and Beneficiary is Christ alone, that all of the promises are affirmed and confirmed in Him, and that He is Heir of all things. All includes the OT land promises, the restorationp romises, the blessings promises, and all else. There are no exceptions.

And His New Will and Testament contains even better promises:

Hebrews 8
6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Such as:

Hebrews 11
16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Additional promissory clauses in...:

Romans 8:16-17
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Galatians 3:29
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

...make us who are in Christ joint heirs with Him.

But notice:
There are no promissory clauses for anyone, Jew or Gentile, who is not in Christ.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus' covenant with the Church is different then His with Israel

Did these people STOP being Israel?:

Acts 2:41
Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

or these?:

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Ahhh.. so you believe the Muslim Dome of the Rock Qualifies as the Holy Place then?

I guess there is no need for a New Jewish Temple for the prophecy to be fulfilled, as the Dome of the Rock will surely suffice per your stated criteria.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

fodare

Sep 5, 2018
Torrance
✟15,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exactly. You guys don't even know what you're arguing. You're jumping around scripture, arbitrarily applying verses on a whim.

The Church did not "replace" Israel.
I know. That's what I've been saying the entire time. I said what you were saying sounds like YOU are supporting replacement theology.
You are promoting the doctrine that was brought to America by John Nelson Darby, about the time of the Civil War.
No, I'm not. I'm promoting The Bible.

I'm saying Israel wasn't saved under the law. The church is saved under grace through faith. These are different. During Jacob's Trouble God goes back to dealing with Israel, this is very easily proven as the doctrine goes to the everlasting gospel during that period.... not grace through faith.
Hence: the church is not present during Jacob's Trouble.
Hence: pre-tribulation rapture.
Hence: literal physical temple for the abomination of desolation

Ahhh.. so you believe the Muslim Dome of the Rock Qualifies as the Holy Place then?
No. The temple mount "...is a hill located in the Old City of Jerusalem that for thousands of years has been venerated as a holy site, in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam alike."

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There are multiple covenants.

But there are only two Testaments.

In God's New Will and Testament, all covenants and promises are fulfilled in Christ and those who are in Christ.

The OT covenants and promises are the promissory clauses of God's Old Will and Testament, and they are both revoked and fulfilled in the promissory clauses of His New Will and Testament, written in the Blood of His Son Jesus Christ, the Divine Testator, coming into full force and effect upon His death.

If you have made your own Will and Testament, you will see that the very first clause states the following or its equivalent:

"I HEREBY REVOKE all former Wills and other testamentary dispositions by me at any time therefore made and declare this to be my Last Will and Testament."

This means that all former wills and testaments, and all of their promissory clauses in their entirety, are completely null and void. In their place, the promissory clauses of the current last new will and testament are the only ones in force and effect. Any promissory clause which appeared in the old will and testament, but does not appear in the new will and testament, is irrevocably null and void unless yet another new will and testament is made which re-includes it.

Thus we see:

Hebrews 9
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Hebrews 10
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Hebrews 8
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

God`s New Will and Testament is everlasting:

Hebrews 13
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant.

There is none greater.

We see other new promissory clauses of the New Will and Testament in:

Matthew 21:33-45
In this parable, the son, who is identified as the heir, typifies Christ.

Galatians 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Hebrews 1:1,2
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

In them, we see that the Heir and Beneficiary is Christ alone, that all of the promises are affirmed and confirmed in Him, and that He is Heir of all things. All includes the OT land promises, the restorationp romises, the blessings promises, and all else. There are no exceptions.

And His New Will and Testament contains even better promises:

Hebrews 8
6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Such as:

Hebrews 11
16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Additional promissory clauses in...:

Romans 8:16-17
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Galatians 3:29
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

...make us who are in Christ joint heirs with Him.

But notice:
There are no promissory clauses for anyone, Jew or Gentile, who is not in Christ.
It is talking the new covenant in Christ as being eternal atonement and remission of sin, that the first covenant which had been an imperfect temporary measure in that regard has been done away with.

It is not talking about the children of Israel being given the land of Israel as theirs forever, denied of that promise because of the new covenant in Christ. Which is why there is a nation of Israel over there born in a single day fulfilling Isaiah 66:8. And Jerusalem back in the hands of the Jews, because we are closing in on the 7 years of Daniel 9:27 beginning soon. I don't know how anyone can be blind to that.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is talking the new covenant in Christ as being eternal atonement and remission of sin, that the first covenant which had been an imperfect temporary measure in that regard has been done away with.

It is not talking about the children of Israel being given the land of Israel as theirs forever, denied of that promise because of the new covenant in Christ. Which is why there is a nation of Israel over there born in a single day fulfilling Isaiah 66:8. And Jerusalem back in the hands of the Jews, because we are closing in on the 7 years of Daniel 9:27 beginning soon. I don't know how anyone can be blind to that.
I don't know how anyone can be blind to all of the Scripture which identifies Christ as the sole and exclusive Fulfillment and Heir of all of God's promises and bequests.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said what you were saying sounds like YOU are supporting replacement theology.
No, I'm not. I'm promoting The Bible.

I'm saying Israel wasn't saved under the law. The church is saved under grace through faith. These are different.

You are the one who is replacing the one seed, with the many seeds in Galatians 3:16.

You might want to read Hebrews chapter 11 to see that those in the Old Testament were also saved by faith.

• Agree
Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I said what you were saying sounds like YOU are supporting replacement theology.

Who did these people replace?:

Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Exactly when did these people STOP being Israel?:

Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is not talking about the children of Israel being given the land of Israel as theirs forever, denied of that promise because of the new covenant in Christ.

You are teaching the OPPOSITE of what Jesus and the Apostles taught regarding the Identity of Israel.

St. Paul said that when the nation was in mass apostasy, the TRUE NATIONAL Israel was carried on not through the lineages of the wicked sons but rather through the OBEDIENT FEW (called the "remnant"), such as was true in Isaiah's day (Romans 9:27-29) and Elijah's day (Romans 11:3-5).

St. Peter says the same thing at Acts 3:22-24, where it is clear that the wicked jews who refuse Christ were to be "cut off from among the People of Israel" while the faithful jews (John the Baptist, Joseph and Mary, the Twelve, the Seventy, the three thousand on Pentecost day, and many thousands of other jews) were the True Faithful Israel.

Just as the jewish church abode with Moses in the wilderness (Acts 7:37-38), so Jesus had HIS jewish church (Mt. 16:18-19). And within a few years after Pentecost, the faithful Israel learned how to start accepting both jewish and also gentile followers from all over the empire to convert into their Nation (1 Peter 2:9-10; Mt 21:40-45). And so the tiny remnant True Israel grew into a worldwide Judaism living under the promised NEW covenant of Israel's Messiah.

And so it was also in Moses' day, when the countless thousands of wicked sons of Abraham were slain in the wilderness while the faithful sons of Abraham survived and got to enter the Promised Land. We must NEVER count the continuation of Israel through the wicked sons but rather always through the faithful remnant!

You, in stark contrast to Paul (and Moses), Insist this very bizarre idea of who Israel is, as you count the disobedient sons of Abraham as Israel while discounting entirely the faithful sons of Abraham, claiming they are something else entirely. That those Obedient, Faithful Sons of Abraham, through their faith and obedience to the King of Israel, somehow stopped being Israel!

Your's is the real "Replacement Theology".
You have Replaced Faithful Obedient Israel with Wicked Disobedient Israel as Heirs to the promises!

You view is akin to claiming that National Israel NEVER ENTERED THE PROMISED LAND after wandering in the desert 40 years, since the majority of them were slain in the wilderness for their unbelief, and only the believing remnant (something you claim is NOT Israel) entered.

Such is Untenable to any Honest expositor of Scripture.
Again, The Prophets and Apostles teach the exact opposite of what you are claiming here friend.
I recommend you bring your view in line with scripture.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
You are teaching the OPPOSITE of what Jesus and the Apostles taught regarding the Identity of Israel.

St. Paul said that when the nation was in mass apostasy, the TRUE NATIONAL Israel was carried on not through the lineages of the wicked sons but rather through the OBEDIENT FEW (called the "remnant"), such as was true in Isaiah's day (Romans 9:27-29) and Elijah's day (Romans 11:3-5).

St. Peter says the same thing at Acts 3:22-24, where it is clear that the wicked jews who refuse Christ were to be "cut off from among the People of Israel" while the faithful jews (John the Baptist, Joseph and Mary, the Twelve, the Seventy, the three thousand on Pentecost day, and many thousands of other jews) were the True Faithful Israel.

Just as the jewish church abode with Moses in the wilderness (Acts 7:37-38), so Jesus had HIS jewish church (Mt. 16:18-19). And within a few years after Pentecost, the faithful Israel learned how to start accepting both jewish and also gentilefollowers from all over the empire to convert into their Nation (1 Peter 2:9-10; Mt 21:40-45). And so the tiny remnant True Israel grew into a worldwide Judaism living under the promised NEW covenant of Israel's Messiah.

And so it was also in Moses' day, when the countless thousands of wicked sons of Abraham were slain in the wilderness while the faithful sons of Abraham survived and got to enter the Promised Land. We must NEVER count the continuation of Israel through the wicked sons but rather always through the faithful remnant!

You, in stark contrast to Paul (and Moses), Insist this very bizarre idea of who Israel is, as you count the disobedient sons of Abraham as Israel while discounting entirely the faithful sons of Abraham, claiming they are something else entirely. That those Obedient, Faithful Sons of Abraham, through their faith and obedience to the King of Israel, somehow stopped being Israel!

Your's is the real "Replacement Theology".
You have Replaced Faithful Obedient Israel with Wicked Disobedient Israel as Heirs to the promises!

You view is akin to claiming that National Israel NEVER ENTERED THE PROMISED LAND after wandering in the desert 40 years, since the majority of them were slain in the wilderness for their unbelief, and only the believing remnant (something you claim is NOT Israel) entered.

Such is Untenable to any Honest expositor of Scripture.
Again, The Prophets and Apostles teach the exact opposite of what you are claiming here friend.
I recommend you bring your view in line with scripture.
Considering the valley of dry bones, and God's promises made then, WHERE on the map today is the real and true Israel - if not the one we can all find on the maps?

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Who did these people replace?:

Exactly when did these people STOP being Israel?:

The truth is, the Jewish church died out. It disappeared - to be replace by the Gentile church of today.

Don't misunderstand: I know that in the Spirit there is no Jew or Gentile, but we are talking about physical Israel here. And the physical church of today is made up mostly of Gentiles. That is why Paul talked about the fullness of the GENTILES coming in.

After the rapture of the church, God's focus will again turn to Israel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Exactly. You guys don't even know what you're arguing. You're jumping around scripture, arbitrarily applying verses on a whim.

Bingo, Exactamundo. They attempt to put words in your mouth and then throw out a bunch of scripture that shows why you are wrong.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The truth is, the Jewish church died out. It disappeared - to be replace by the Gentile church of today.
When do you say this happened?
40AD?
60AD?
100AD?
1000AD?
2000AD?

THIS is the TRUTH:
The Israelite apostles of the Jewish Messiah say I am a Jew (Rom 2:27-29), say I am "Abraham's seed" (Rom 4:16/Gal 3:29), say I am "the peculiar people, royal priesthood, holy nation" (1 Pet 2:9-10), say I am the circumcision-less Israel of God (Gal 6:15-16), say I am "no longer a stranger but a fellow citizen of the Commonwealth of Israel" (Eph 2:19), say I was once not a people but now am the people of God (1 Pet 2:10) and say I am the circumcision (Phil 3:2-3).

Each and every one of these statements takes a key identifier/distinctive of Israel and labels ME with it. Meanwhile, Christ calls the disobedient genetic sons of Abraham the "sons of satan" and the "synagogue of satan" (Rev 2:9/John 8:39-47), and St. John says that those who deny the Son have no claim whatsoever to the Father (1 Jn 2:23)

We are not to teach anything different.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Considering the valley of dry bones, and God's promises made then, WHERE on the map today is the real and true Israel - if not the one we can all find on the maps?

You and I are citizens of True Israel of the Covenant. True Israel is made up of the following citizens:

(1) Jesus and his first century Jewish followers and converts (Gal 6:15-16; Phil 3:3; 1 Peter 2:9)

(2) The Old Testament believing jews and converts to the covenant (Eph 2:19-22)

(3) All gentile converts who have been added in ever since the beginning of Paul's ministry and made partakers of Israel (Eph 2:11-3:11; Col 2:24-27; Romans 11:17-23)

That is who Israel is according to the scriptures.

True Biblical Israel is NOT the Modern Day, Multi-Ethnic, secular, Democratic Nation State of Christ Rejectors that have no genetic, religious or governmental relationship to the pre desolation Hebrews that you claim it is.

Scripture NOWHERE teaches what you claim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0