Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor13

Dec 11, 2003
Massachusetts
✟1,416.00
Faith
Catholic
Well well well... who woulda actually thunk that Mother Nature supports the traditional "two-into-one-flesh" man-and-woman union?

What Science Tells Us About Same-Sex Unions

Best. quote. ever:

"Nature, we might add, demands respect. It does not make accommodations to politically based ideologies or individual preferences. From nature's standpoint, there is no equality between heterosexual and male homosexual intercourse."

ZeroTX

Apr 11, 2004
Houston, TEXAS
✟540.00
Faith
Christian
I don't disagree with the notion that obviously in NATURE, males and females are naturally attracted to each other as mates, and male-to-female sex obviously is the only 100% compatible sex.

On the other hand, I personally know numerous homosexuals, most of them through my best friend. I've known this person since the 6th grade. We grew up together... We had the same friends... I know his parents very well (I'm like an extra son to them)... He knows my parents very well (he's like an extra son to THEM).... He dated girls in high school, out of peer pressure... I was jealous of some of the "hotties" he got to date, because he's a handsome guy....

... but he's gay. It's not a choice he's making, I can most completely assure you it's not a choice. It makes his life unimaginably complex. He has never told his parents. He has never told any member of his family. He cannot openly bring a "partner" home. He cannot openly discuss a "partner" at work or in any mixed company. It's hard to find a date... After all, how can he know who to ask?... People don't wear a "gay" sign on their foreheads to identify them. Sex is complicated.... They are not all compatible just because two of them are "gay"... Obviously due to the biological mis-match, they have to actually find a partner who is "compatible" with them, which is much more difficult than it is for a heterosexual couple, whose biological parts were made to fit together.

The difference is, that practicing homosexuality IS indeed spoken against in the Bible and considered by most Christians to be immoral. Knowing my friend's experiences very closely and in detail, however, I don't believe he's chosen this "lifestyle"... I don't believe God creates junk. I have to think that the "calling" to be homosexual has some purpose. What that purpose is, however, is beyond my understanding.

-Michael

Upvote 0

knightlight72

Soldier of Christ
Dec 11, 2003
Canada
✟1,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God doesn't create homosexuals. God creates human beings with the ability to choose. And many people choose to sin. We are sinful. We choose to sin all the time. Just because someone chooses to stay in sin, doesn't mean they were born to live that sin.

Reactions: TomUK
Upvote 0

Markh

Extra Mariam Nulla Salus
Dec 12, 2003
London
Visit site
✟19,044.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
homosexuality is a strong temptation for some people, but then for some people holding the fist back is difficult to do. Some people seem naturally aggresive, but surely you wouldn't say just because they are naturally aggresive it is justified that they go around punching people- they must try and control themselves and resist the temptation.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Chastity and homosexuality

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,[140] tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."[141] They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. They do not choose their homosexual condition; for most of them it is a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

(Catechism of the Catholic Church.)

Reactions: Michelina
Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Your article seems to point to the conclusion that anal sex has negative health consequences (i), not that same sex unions are opposed by nature (ii). There are three flaws is making the jump from (i) to (ii): 1. Female same-sex unions are completely incapable of anal sex. 2. Male same-sex unions which do not practice anal sex are unaffected. 3. Opposite sex unions that practice anal sex are affected.

Upvote 0

Carrye

Weisenheimer
Aug 30, 2003
✟29,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Same sex relationships are contrary to nature.

1) Nature favors life and reproduction. There's actually a philosophical theory (sorry I don't remember the name) that traces everything, and I mean everything, to a reproductive end.

2) Complementarity. Males and females are complementary in design - physical, emotional, and spiritual. If you don't like the word "design" in there, insert "function." Men and women behave in differently from one another, as is appropriate. Psychology, sociology, anthropology confirm this.

I truly believe that, even removing my "Catholic hat" for a minute, these principles are self-evident according to observation. Aristotle talks about nature enduring - that while we try to teach ourselves and others things that are contrary to nature, these principles will eventually die. Nature does not allow for such fallacies to persist for long; the truth always prevails.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
clskinner said:

1) Nature favors life and reproduction. There's actually a philosophical theory (sorry I don't remember the name) that traces everything, and I mean everything, to a reproductive end.

Sociobiology?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michelina

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2003
✟19,733.00
Faith
Catholic
clskinner said:

2) Complementarity. Males and females are complementary in design - physical, emotional, and spiritual. If you don't like the word "design" in there, insert "function." Men and women behave in differently from one another, as is appropriate. Psychology, sociology, anthropology confirm this.

I truly believe that, even removing my "Catholic hat" for a minute, these principles are self-evident according to observation. Aristotle talks about nature enduring - that while we try to teach ourselves and others things that are contrary to nature, these principles will eventually die. Nature does not allow for such fallacies to persist for long; the truth always prevails.

Right on target, Carrie. This is what the Church teaches as well.

Upvote 0

Irenaeus

Sub tuum praesidium confugimus!
May 16, 2004
USA
✟18,468.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Even if one were to argue that homosexuality was inborn or they found a "gay gene", that would not affect the Catholic belief in it being a sin...we would call it an inclination due to concupiscence, the natural inclination of all human beings toward sin and sinful acts...who knows, maybe the fall is in our genes, too?

:confused:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.