Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm hoping by writing this out maybe it will leave me be.
I had a really scary vivid dream two nights ago that still freaks me out when I think about it.. it was very real. When I woke up I don't think I had ever felt so relieved..

I was walking in town like I normally do and the usual people and cars were around, doing shopping and such. Then I heard a distant low rumbling sound like a far away plane. Then it started to crescendo like when a really low-flying plane gets closer and closer. I hate loud noises and the sound kept getting louder so I covered my ears and closed my eyes. But it wouldn't go away. Then I opened my eyes and everyone, people and cars, were gone. The sky was really dark and cloudy, and everything was grey, like I was in the middle of a black&white movie. It was really windy too, I remember my hair was blowing everywhere and it was hard to see because of all the dust. The sound was still growing louder and I swear I could also hear like an orchestra crescendo behind it too, like when a movie is building suspense. I knew it was the end of the Earth, and I was so scared, and the noise was too much. It was reeeeeally frightening. Then as the sound finally reached unbareable limits, it was like everything including myself got swepped away and it was black, and I jolted awake.

I didn't think my head could come up with something so freaky as that. I haven't had anything out of ordinary happen to me lately or anything. Has anyone else had dreams where they think the world is ending? I know certain dreams are common (teeth falling out, being caught naked, ect..)

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if it has something to do with a nuclear holocaust? Many Christians have had visions of such hitting the U.S. Of course, Revelations talks about Babylon being destroyed in 1 hour, and the merchants of the world mourning her loss because they can no longer trade and sell.

Upvote 0

Hagnismos

Sep 16, 2006
Visit site
✟592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would also mention that there is a state of sleep called sleep paralysis where you are actually conscisou but your body is still asleep and when your mind tries to interpret that it sometimes come sup with scary images. The Middle ages saw the myth of the Old Hag who would sit on your chest. Nowadays alot of people see aliens. If you are stressed or medicated or overly tired and something partially wakes you could fall into that state. I once had a dream (pre-christian) that I was in my room but someone came in and it was like a door opening into pitch blackness. The figure was tall thin and black and looked like an alien. I tried to reach for my light switch but could not and the more I tried the less progress I made until finally I suddenly grabbed the chains and was awake. But in those days I was not saved and I was involved in the party scene pretty heavy which involved various pharmakia. I had to say that just to give context. If you are certain nothing like that is going on and you think it might be a dream from the Lord your are not hurting anything by asking God to either give you another dream or to deliver the same message to you through another channel. My sense of it is that it could be a little of both, a bit of sleep paralysis or mixed state sleep and some interest or preoccupation with end times themes? Layer two there. Now let us simply suppose it was God, well then we know that interpretations belong to God, Joseph and Daniel were kind enough to tell us all that so we need to pray. If you are not currently serving the Lord I would take it as a clear message. If we were to die without Jesus one of the pictures used to describe the place we would end up is outer darkness, a place where Jesus said there would be weeping and gnashing of teeth. We don't want to end up there. So if you are already aware of the end times in which we are now clearly living I would really pray about that dream and ask God to show you again. His kind spirit may be warning you that you are on the fence. I am leaning though toward a sleep paralysis event because of the noise that seemed ot be everywhere and getting louder. Things like that are classic mixed state effects noises, the sense that your limbs are being moved by someone in the room, a sense of floating. Some would say that the state itself is demonic but I do not think that is always the case and I am careful not to tell God which avenue He needs to use to tell me something. We are all aware of vision in the Scriptures (the NT to Peter about the clean and unlcean for example.) But then how is it some preachers teach that visions are of the devil? Some are, sure, but not all. Let Holy Spirit work but be sure to compare what you think you see or hear ot the Scriptures. Knowing the Bible like the back of your hand and probably be aware of the doctrines of five or six different denominations can give you a foundation for some pretty intense experiences with the Lord. Just know that the Holy Spirit does not contradict himself and if the atmoshpere in a dream or vision goes dark in that greasy, creepy sort of a way that is most likely not God. That said the devil can sometimes appear to be an angel of light. Still I think the mature Christian sees the difference between a holy and an unholy spirit.

Upvote 0

Hagnismos

Sep 16, 2006
Visit site
✟592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would also mention that there is a state of sleep called sleep paralysis where you are actually conscisou but your body is still asleep and when your mind tries to interpret that it sometimes come sup with scary images. The Middle ages saw the myth of the Old Hag who would sit on your chest. Nowadays alot of people see aliens. If you are stressed or medicated or overly tired and something partially wakes you could fall into that state. I once had a dream (pre-christian) that I was in my room but someone came in and it was like a door opening into pitch blackness.

The figure was tall thin and black and looked like an alien. I tried to reach for my light switch but could not and the more I tried the less progress I made until finally I suddenly grabbed the chains and was awake. But in those days I was not saved and I was involved in the party scene pretty heavy which involved various pharmakia. I had to say that just to give context. If you are certain nothing like that is going on and you think it might be a dream from the Lord your are not hurting anything by asking God to either give you another dream or to deliver the same message to you through another channel. My sense of it is that it could be a little of both, a bit of sleep paralysis or mixed state sleep and some interest or preoccupation with end times themes? Layer two there. Now let us simply suppose it was God, well then we know that interpretations belong to God, Joseph and Daniel were kind enough to tell us all that so we need to pray.

If you are not currently serving the Lord I would take it as a clear message. If we were to die without Jesus one of the pictures used to describe the place we would end up is outer darkness, a place where Jesus said there would be weeping and gnashing of teeth. We don't want to end up there. So if you are already aware of the end times in which we are now clearly living I would really pray about that dream and ask God to show you again. His kind spirit may be warning you that you are on the fence. I am leaning though toward a sleep paralysis event because of the noise that seemed ot be everywhere and getting louder.

Things like that are classic mixed state effects noises, the sense that your limbs are being moved by someone in the room, a sense of floating. Some would say that the state itself is demonic but I do not think that is always the case and I am careful not to tell God which avenue He needs to use to tell me something. We are all aware of vision in the Scriptures (the NT to Peter about the clean and unlcean for example.) But then how is it some preachers teach that visions are of the devil? Some are, sure, but not all. Let Holy Spirit work but be sure to compare what you think you see or hear ot the Scriptures.

Knowing the Bible like the back of your hand and probably be aware of the doctrines of five or six different denominations can give you a foundation for some pretty intense experiences with the Lord. Just know that the Holy Spirit does not contradict himself and if the atmoshpere in a dream or vision goes dark in that greasy, creepy sort of a way that is most likely not God. That said the devil can sometimes appear to be an angel of light. Still I think the mature Christian sees the difference between a holy and an unholy spirit.

Upvote 0

peacefulfire

sparks all around me!
Jan 16, 2008
the Planet Earth
Visit site
✟15,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
<QUOTE>
If we were to die without Jesus one of the pictures used to describe the place we would end up is outer darkness, a place where Jesus said there would be weeping and gnashing of teeth. We don't want to end up there. So if you are already aware of the end times in which we are now clearly living I would really pray about that dream and ask God to show you again. His kind spirit may be warning you that you are on the fence. I am leaning though toward a sleep paralysis event because of the noise that seemed ot be everywhere and getting louder.</QUOTE>
I think I agree with you here. Part of me was thinking this may represent the worst possible end (afterlife), and it was a wakeup call from God, or even something I was just worried about without realizing it. Or it was a case of "sleep paralysis" like you said. The dream towards the end was so unreal and abstract. It may have been just my body starting to wake up but my mind not quite catching up.

Thank you for the reply!

Upvote 0