Dalmatia
✟8,997.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello, I am not really sure if this post fits in with the Ethics & Morality forum but I found it the closest related to. If it doesn't I'd love to know where I should post this.

Recently I have a very important question that I always wake up with, I can't seem to get it off of my mind. I personally am a pretty religious guy, I believe in God but don't go to church every sunday or pray at home for that matter. There's this one kid that has been bullying and harassing me and my best friend the most since forever. He would bully every grade, not only me and my best friend, and would do horrible things. Me and my best friend are his favorite punching bags by far.

The bully is a very religious kid, he goes to church every sunday and definitely believes in God, he probably prays at home even although I'm not sure as I'm not interested in his private life at all. He even does believe that homosexuality and stuff like that are sins and should not be suggested to anybody, though I would rather keep my opinions on homosexuality and relating stuff private. Not only has he done that but he has sinned on multiple occasions.

The question that has been biting me for so long: Will he go to heaven?

I understand that God forgives all, but would God forgive what he has done to us all for all of these years? If anybody reading this would like me to describe what he did to me and my best friend I would gladly do so.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I am not really sure if this post fits in with the Ethics & Morality forum but I found it the closest related to. If it doesn't I'd love to know where I should post this.

Recently I have a very important question that I always wake up with, I can't seem to get it off of my mind. I personally am a pretty religious guy, I believe in God but don't go to church every sunday or pray at home for that matter. There's this one kid that has been bullying and harassing me and my best friend the most since forever. He would bully every grade, not only me and my best friend, and would do horrible things. Me and my best friend are his favorite punching bags by far.

The bully is a very religious kid, he goes to church every sunday and definitely believes in God, he probably prays at home even although I'm not sure as I'm not interested in his private life at all. He even does believe that homosexuality and stuff like that are sins and should not be suggested to anybody, though I would rather keep my opinions on homosexuality and relating stuff private. Not only has he done that but he has sinned on multiple occasions.

I understand that God forgives all, but would God forgive what he has done to us all for all of these years? If anybody reading this would like me to describe what he did to me and my best friend I would gladly do so.
Hi Danuard, welcome to the forum in Jesus name, it is a great place to be for fellowship and advice, I am sure quite a few will want to help.

The first thing that comes to my mind is, do you know for certain that you will go to heaven if you died today? It matters more than what your friends have done to you both.

John 3:16
God so loved the world that he gave his only son, that whoever believed in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

1955.jpg

May the Lord bless you as you seek to know more of him in your life

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe he will go to heaven, but not as he is. He will need to be humbled first and change his ways totally. And that's God's job. We need to have faith that God's justice is perfect, and one day that kid will beg your forgiveness in all sincerity.

While bullying is a nasty thing, this experience will give you and your friend a lot more inner strength as you grow up. It won't give the bully anything but make him more of an animal, until such time as he gets his just desserts. So it's a pitiful thing to see a bully and know his foolish heart has been darkened.

Consider the punishment and death that Jesus suffered, innocent of the crimes at the hands of the bullying authorities. And he never stopped praying for his tormentors.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
understand that God forgives all, but would God forgive what he has done to us all for all of these years? If anybody reading this would like me to describe what he did to me and my best friend I would gladly do so.

I am sorry that there is a bully at your school.
May I suggest two things,
1/ what is the policy at your school regarding bullying? If they have a no tolerance policy then report him.
If you have a mobile phone film him and show it to your teacher.
2/ challenge him about the contradiction between his actions and the behaviour that a Christian is supposed to follow.

May I congratulate you on the quality of your English, it is very good.

Will he go to heaven?
The condition to gain access into heaven is not good works or behaviour but faith in Jesus as Saviour and Lord.
I suspect that he attends church because his parents make him. That does not gain him anything, if he or if you accept Jesus as Saviour and as Lord, then both of you will get into heaven.

Being bullied is never nice, the fear and worry it causes is very real, which is why I suggested reporting him.

Reactions: Danuard_44
Upvote 0

Danuard_44

May 28, 2020
Dalmatia
✟8,997.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Danuard, welcome to the forum in Jesus name, it is a great place to be for fellowship and advice, I am sure quite a few will want to help.

The first thing that comes to my mind is, do you know for certain that you will go to heaven if you died today? It matters more than what your friends have done to you both.

John 3:16
God so loved the world that he gave his only son, that whoever believed in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

1955.jpg

May the Lord bless you as you seek to know more of him in your life

Hello musicalpilgrim, thank you for the warm welcoming.

As for the question I, to be honest, am not quite sure if I will go to heaven or not if I died right now. I've not done anything that horrible to be warranted to an afterlife in hell, but I don't think I've done enough for heaven. I've helped multiple people and I think that I'm a very non-toxic and wholesome person to be around, accepting anyone no matter what unless they have wronged me time and time again. Maybe I would go to heaven but maybe I won't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danuard_44

May 28, 2020
Dalmatia
✟8,997.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry that there is a bully at your school.
May I suggest two things,
1/ what is the policy at your school regarding bullying? If they have a no tolerance policy then report him.
If you have a mobile phone film him and show it to your teacher.
2/ challenge him about the contradiction between his actions and the behaviour that a Christian is supposed to follow.

May I congratulate you on the quality of your English, it is very good.

Will he go to heaven?
The condition to gain access into heaven is not good works or behaviour but faith in Jesus as Saviour and Lord.
I suspect that he attends church because his parents make him. That does not gain him anything, if he or if you accept Jesus as Saviour and as Lord, then both of you will get into heaven.

Being bullied is never nice, the fear and worry it causes is very real, which is why I suggested reporting him.

Thank you for the worry my friend, and regarding my english, I have studied it and used it ever since I was a child.

I have reported him multiple times, not only to the school but to his parents aswell and all that he got is a slap on the wrist and off he went causing more trouble. I am ever since afraid of other older people judging me whenever I would step outside in their eyesight.

Upvote 0

Danuard_44

May 28, 2020
Dalmatia
✟8,997.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe he will go to heaven, but not as he is. He will need to be humbled first and change his ways totally. And that's God's job. We need to have faith that God's justice is perfect, and one day that kid will beg your forgiveness in all sincerity.

While bullying is a nasty thing, this experience will give you and your friend a lot more inner strength as you grow up. It won't give the bully anything but make him more of an animal, until such time as he gets his just desserts. So it's a pitiful thing to see a bully and know his foolish heart has been darkened.

Consider the punishment and death that Jesus suffered, innocent of the crimes at the hands of the bullying authorities. And he never stopped praying for his tormentors.

Thank you for taking time to respond to my question. I will take what you said in consideration. Cheers!

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the worry my friend, and regarding my english, I have studied it and used it ever since I was a child.

I have reported him multiple times, not only to the school but to his parents aswell and all that he got is a slap on the wrist and off he went causing more trouble. I am ever since afraid of other older people judging me whenever I would step outside in their eyesight.

Sometimes all one can do is wait for them to out grow the habit.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome! There is a big difference between being "religious" and being filled with the "Holy Spirit". Religiosity is not the mark of a true Christian, it is the fruit of the Holy Spirit which shines through a true believer. Be blessed and stay healthy!
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I absolutely relate to your situation. I think most people can, especially to those who choose to follow Christ.

“Will he go to heaven?” Is the question that rings in your mind every morning. This sounds like a subtle accusation to make on someone else. I’m not saying this to say “you’re wrong”, but rather showing you who the Accuser is - Satan.
If he can get you to accuse someone, the further you will be from following Christ.

Jesus Christ shed His blood and died for the whole world that they (being outside of God) might be saved through Him. He is the complete opposite of Satan and doesn’t accuse, God knows everything.

I hope you see what I’m showing you here. The complete difference between God and Satan is astounding, and yet Satan is cunning, so it’s very important to study God’s Word with Him to know this difference.

As for something you can do is tell an adult what is going on at school. Even though we are to love our enemies, we are all to do what is right. Is there a way you can confront him with someone (as a witness) before you make a report against him at the school? If he doesn’t listen to reason with you, then that is the only thing you can do on your physical end. Pray for him and talk to God, follow what He says. :yellowheart:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danuard_44

May 28, 2020
Dalmatia
✟8,997.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Welcome! There is a big difference between being "religious" and being filled with the "Holy Spirit". Religiosity is not the mark of a true Christian, it is the fruit of the Holy Spirit which shines through a true believer. Be blessed and stay healthy!
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."

Thank you for showing me that distinction.

Upvote 0

Danuard_44

May 28, 2020
Dalmatia
✟8,997.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I absolutely relate to your situation. I think most people can, especially to those who choose to follow Christ.

“Will he go to heaven?” Is the question that rings in your mind every morning. This sounds like a subtle accusation to make on someone else. I’m not saying this to say “you’re wrong”, but rather showing you who the Accuser is - Satan.
If he can get you to accuse someone, the further you will be from following Christ.

Jesus Christ shed His blood and died for the whole world that they (being outside of God) might be saved through Him. He is the complete opposite of Satan and doesn’t accuse, God knows everything.

I hope you see what I’m showing you here. The complete difference between God and Satan is astounding, and yet Satan is cunning, so it’s very important to study God’s Word with Him to know this difference.

As for something you can do is tell an adult what is going on at school. Even though we are to love our enemies, we are all to do what is right. Is there a way you can confront him with someone (as a witness) before you make a report against him at the school? If he doesn’t listen to reason with you, then that is the only thing you can do on your physical end. Pray for him and talk to God, follow what He says. :yellowheart:

I've grown not only hate, but fear him. Every time he is in the vacinity I personally feel like I'm going to be judged, or matter of fact, just around any older person I feel like I am being judged.

I knew that atleast one person will allude to the fact that maybe Satan is finding a way to turn me away from God's light. I'm not saying that it is wrong but that is one of the things I think of.

The most he got was a slap on the wrist when I reported him not only to the school staff but to his parents aswell. He's still out to this day and I can't stand the fact that he is away scott-free still doing this after I've seen what damage he had caused to me, my best friend and many other students that are truly kind hearted people. He never apologized for the things he had done. I don't want to think of anyone in the way I think of him, unless they give me a reason and he most certainly gave me one.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've grown not only hate, but fear him. Every time he is in the vacinity I personally feel like I'm going to be judged, or matter of fact, just around any older person I feel like I am being judged.

I knew that atleast one person will allude to the fact that maybe Satan is finding a way to turn me away from God's light. I'm not saying that it is wrong but that is one of the things I think of.

The most he got was a slap on the wrist when I reported him not only to the school staff but to his parents aswell. He's still out to this day and I can't stand the fact that he is away scott-free still doing this after I've seen what damage he had caused to me, my best friend and many other students that are truly kind hearted people. He never apologized for the things he had done. I don't want to think of anyone in the way I think of him, unless they give me a reason and he most certainly gave me one.

God sees what’s being done, and I know it’s very difficult but we have to respond to such hate with love. Believe me, it’s very hard to do and I mess up every once I a while with that too.
I really do pray and hope that this bully will, at some point, see the light in his or her ways that are wrong. I also pray and hope that you and your peers will heal from this.

If adults won’t hear you, God certainly will. I wish there was more I could help you with, but keep watch of the unseen enemy since we do t wrestle against flesh and blood: Ephesians 6:12

Allow God to strengthen you against such forces. :yellowheart:

• Agree
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As for the question I, to be honest, am not quite sure if I will go to heaven or not if I died right now. I've not done anything that horrible to be warranted to an afterlife in hell, but I don't think I've done enough for heaven. I've helped multiple people and I think that I'm a very non-toxic and wholesome person to be around, accepting anyone no matter what unless they have wronged me time and time again. Maybe I would go to heaven but maybe I won't.

You don't go to hell for the bad things you have done but for not accepting the pardon that God offers. We have to repent of our sins and ask Jesus to take them.

Reminds me of the old hymn verse "The vilest offender who truly believes, that moment from Jesus a pardon receives"

Just like the thief nailed to the cross next to Jesus, what had he done with his life? Nothing, but he acknowledged Jesus and Jesus said he would be in paradise with him. Nothing that you can do is good enough to make heaven because we sin from early childhood, we are born with a sin nature. A child does not need to be taught to be naughty. Even one sin stops a person coming into God's presence. So to remedy that Jesus offers to take all of our sins.

Only God knows if the bully has done this, but the Bible does say you will know them by their fruits. One of the biggest commands of Jesus is Love each other like yourselves. He is not doing this.

Romans 10:9
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Upvote 0

Danuard_44

May 28, 2020
Dalmatia
✟8,997.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You don't go to hell for the bad things you have done but for not accepting the pardon that God offers. We have to repent of our sins and ask Jesus to take them.

Reminds me of the old hymn verse "The vilest offender who truly believes, that moment from Jesus a pardon receives"

Just like the thief nailed to the cross next to Jesus, what had he done with his life? Nothing, but he acknowledged Jesus and Jesus said he would be in paradise with him. Nothing that you can do is good enough to make heaven because we sin from early childhood, we are born with a sin nature. A child does not need to be taught to be naughty. Even one sin stops a person coming into God's presence. So to remedy that Jesus offers to take all of our sins.

Only God knows if the bully has done this, but the Bible does say you will know them by their fruits. One of the biggest commands of Jesus is Love each other like yourselves. He is not doing this.

Romans 10:9
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Thank you so much for clarifying that. I truly do appreciate it.

• Friendly
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dazzo

May 28, 2020
Kerry
✟15,832.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

People are not saved by their deeds. Jesus paid for your sins at the cross. If you repent and put your trust in Jesus Christ then you will be saved.

• Agree
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I’m not a religious person. I can’t answer your question about going to heaven. But most, if not all bullies are psychologically disturbed. Most often, they have a disordered family life and have usually been bullied themselves, either by their parents or older siblings. Check the link for details. Bullying can also be a symptom of Conduct Disorder (CD.) Which is very serious, and is likely a precursor to Antisocial Personality Disorder. Hard as it may be, you must report this behavior to school authorities. Intervention, and a professional psychological evaluation is mandatory.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...mily-matters-when-it-comes-becoming-bully?amp

Upvote 0

Danuard_44

May 28, 2020
Dalmatia
✟8,997.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m not a religious person. I can’t answer your question about going to heaven. But most, if not all bullies are psychologically disturbed. Most often, they have a disordered family life and have usually been bullied themselves, either by their parents or older siblings. Check the link for details. Bullying can also be a symptom of Conduct Disorder (CD.) Which is very serious, and is likely a precursor to Antisocial Personality Disorder. Hard as it may be, you must report this behavior to school authorities. Intervention, and a professional psychological evaluation is mandatory.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...mily-matters-when-it-comes-becoming-bully?amp

I have reported him to the school authorities yet they haven't done much in that psychological or any aspect to be precise.

Upvote 0