✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sophrosyne said:
Are they even going to have days of the week in heaven as in heaven there will be no night and day.... just days.

*blind post* I'm pretty sure there is no time in heaven. That when we get there, God will be our light. No more sun or moon, so I guess that kinda makes the idea of "days" obsolete?

May God Richly Bless you!

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
*blind post* I'm pretty sure there is no time in heaven. That when we get there, God will be our light. No more sun or moon, so I guess that kinda makes the idea of "days" obsolete?

Yup.... and makes the act of "keeping" a day in heaven..... irrelevant as you will either keep all time there or not keep at all.... one or the other.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sorry frogster you keep dancing around the fact that God Himself places His own Creation Memorial in the TEN Commandments and then says that in the New Earth for all of eternity ALL MANKIND will be keeping it "From Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before Me to Worship" Isaiah 66.

It just does not get any easier than that.

Since when does from...to mean "on"?

bugkiller

Snce both the lunar cuycle and the weekly cycle are mntioned in Isaiah 66 - so that the cyclic element comes across clearly "from New Moon TO New Moon -- AND from Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before Me to Worship" Isaiah 66.

Given both cycles - the only way that works - is cyclical. Obviously - just like it does when we read that kind of cycle in the rest of the Bible.

1. Exodus 13:10
    Therefore, you shall keep this ordinance at its appointed time from year to year.
  2. Judges 21:19
    So they said, “Behold, there is a feast of the LORD from year to year in Shiloh, which is on the north side of Bethel, on the east side of the highway that goes up from Bethel to Shechem, and on the south side of Lebonah.”
  3. 1 Samuel 2:19
    And his mother would make him a little robe and bring it to him from year to year when she would come up with her husband to offer the yearly sacrifice.
Just when it is imagined that we must be confused on the issue of cyclic events - it turns out that we are not.

in Christ,

Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

There is no "no sun in heaven" text.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Rev 22 does not say that this is "in heaven"

Rev 22 does not say "there is no sun in heaven"

Rev 22 does not even say that there is "no sun for the New Earth".

Rather it says that for the City of God - located on the New Earth in Rev 22- they have no "need of a lamp" or the light of the sun.

It is important as Paul says not to "go beyond what is written" and by avoiding that trap - we need not contradict God's statement in Isaiah 66 -- which is where it appears the metal minister wanted to take that point.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0
S

Source Scripture

Sorry frogster you keep dancing around the fact that God Himself places His own Creation Memorial in the TEN Commandments and then says that in the New Earth for all of eternity ALL MANKIND will be keeping it "From Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before Me to Worship" Isaiah 66.

It just does not get any easier than that.

Snce both the lunar cuycle and the weekly cycle are mntioned in Isaiah 66 - so that the cyclic element comes across clearly "from New Moon TO New Moon -- AND from Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before Me to Worship" Isaiah 66.

Given both cycles - the only way that works - is cyclical. Obviously - just like it does when we read that kind of cycle in the rest of the Bible.

1. Exodus 13:10
    Therefore, you shall keep this ordinance at its appointed timefrom year to year.
  2. Judges 21:19
    So they said, “Behold, there is a feast of the LORD from year to year in Shiloh, which is on the north side of Bethel, on the east side of the highway that goes up from Bethel to Shechem, and on the south side of Lebonah.”
  3. 1 Samuel 2:19
    And his mother would make him a little robe and bring it to him from year to year when she would come up with her husband to offer the yearly sacrifice.
Just when it is imagined that we must be confused on the issue of cyclic events - it turns out that we are not.

in Christ,

Bob
Indeed, as my partner mentioned, you are the one who has downgraded the Sabbath, just remember what you now apply to the Sabbath, you must apply to the food restrictions, you have made them something for all "eternity". I simply must laugh, forgive me, no disrespect intended, but certainly you must see a streak if humor in all of this don't you? Thanks, Source Scripture.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, as my partner mentioned, you are the one who has downgraded the Sabbath, just remember what you now apply to the Sabbath, you must apply to the food restrictions, you have made them something for all "eternity".

you have a partner??

So you are saying that we should disregard the Sabbath of the Lord thy God - the "Holy Day of the Lord" - err.. um... because we want to eat rats, cats, dogs, bats and diseased cattle (termed "unclean" by God in Lev 11) in the new earth?

Seriously???

That is the reason?

Really?

I can't believe you are bringing this in as if it helps your argument.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Notice that the list of non-SDA affirmations of the continued Sabbath commandment from people like D.L Moody, Andy Stanley, R.C Sproul etc speak not only of a few isolated Bible students - but also of entire groups historically - such as Calvinists and Puritans and Catholics and Protestants - etc

http://www.christianforums.com/t7678827-21/#post61195921

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Again, by your own affirmation, you have equalized the food laws, with the 10 commandments, so you are forced to agree that you must not deem the 10 as all that important, thanks, Source Scripture.
Aren't the food laws in with other laws such as women having a period and touching dead things and such? Must be a lot of laws in the midst of the food laws methinks.

Upvote 0