Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It stems from substuting words in theScripture.

In Jeremaih the word is new chadash and not renew chadash. One who does not know and speak fluent Hebrew or how to use a lexicon would say those Hebrew words are the same. I offer read and read. They are spelled exactly alike and are pronounced differently based on context. In reading we do this automaticly. Do not ask me how we know when the word read comes up how we know without rereading the sentence and context.

There are 2 words spelled chadash - khä·däsh' (2319) and khä·dash' (2318).

Some people look at both and choose the one they want. After all they look like the same word. The only people they trap are themselves and the unlearned.

They trap themselves because they have an idea they want to establish opposed to wanting to know what a text says. They trap others because it seems good to the flesh for the purpose of vanity. They are no deeper than the surface (looks/vanity/selfserving). The movie Shallow Hal comes to mind.

bugkiller

good stuff..and as we know, it can't be renewed, because it would bind the church, to all that stuff, that is not for the church, if it were all the same renewal laws, just like a mgazine perscription, if we renew it, we just get the samw ole boring magazine each year.:D

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
This really depends on what type of SDA your talking to traditional or progressive adventists. Some adventists place allot of stock on the writing of Ellen G white.

For some Adventists, if Ellen says something you might as well put. And the L*rd saith before it. Yes I mean that literally. Ellen wasn't keen on meat. I believe she prophesied that it would be basically poisoned in the latter days. Don't quote me on that, I'm not entirely sure. Well with the all hormones and antibiotics they pump into the meat these days maybe one could argue she was right.

I attend an SDA church although I must admit I'm non to keen on Ellen. I eye her with a strong measure of skepticism.

Do you know what would be nice? Bit of an antithesis admittedly, but a nice Luthern church that holds service on a Saturday. :prayer:

the home churches are the best, meet at ease..:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ah yes it seems the law was made for at least a certian region. That has nothing to do with what James says about breaking the law. Then again there is nothing in the law to indicate part of it applies only to a local area. The Isrealites are enjoined by the law to go to Jerusalem from where ever they may be.

Concerning the holy days or festivals. They can be observed anywhere in the world. The whole law is required of the Israelite. For instance is the year of Jubilee complied with? Why or why not? I do not see any shadow significance to that.

bugkiller

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Frogster
Please, no Sabby talk:pray:, I am just trying to understand the Methodology.

Oh dear, no Sabby talks? LOL! :swoon:
W/o Sabby, they have no other choice but to bring up food laws :)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Frogster u have put food laws on the same level as the 10, which i thought u held in high esteem?

so, u pick which laws u want to esteem, while u unesteem the very 10, u hold as the most important.
I can't believe I've never seen it like that! Thank you for sharing that with me.
Does that mean you are ready to delve into the scrumptuous:

images

Reactions: Noxot
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
To methodology, my understanding of their understanding, some view the 10 commandments IN the ark, while the others are outside the ark. Thus this makes the 10 forever binding, but not the others (diet, sacrifice, "liturgical").

naaaaa...on the binding..

but it seems like u agree that Jesus minimized food stuff, it just passes through us, yet, if we bind food laws, we are putting that wich Jesus says as passing laws, on the same level as the sabby, which brings down the very sabby, some seek to esteem?

Yes?:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please, no Sabby talk , I am just trying to understand the Methodology.

SDA friends will quote Jer 31, to bind the Sabbath as law, the 10.

And then you bring up God's Sabbath? how self-conflicted your OP:pray:

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
And then you bring up God's Sabbath? how self-conflicted your OP:pray:

sorry bob, u r putting sabby on the same level as laws about what passes through a man, jesus said so, food laws are just that.

plus u pick what you want to add...bad methodology.

Upvote 0