Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
France
✟9,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, choose wisely, you don't have to love God, but if you don't you will spend an eternity being punished in hell. But no, he is not forcing you (third time I posted this and you still have not answered). How is the threat of eternity in hell not forcing me to love him?

I think the threat of hell is a good motivation to get started to think about God and who He is.

Do you love your father? Do you love your mother? Sister? Money? Wife? Girlfriend? Yeah I hope so. The great thing is God is even better than them and will not make a mistake with you, will not leave you and will love you more than all these people combined.

I'v experienced the human love many times and it has failed me many times, it isn't what I expected. The real love comes from Jesus, it is perfect.

Why would you not want to love Jesus after all He did? Did your girlfriend die for you? Your wife? Your dad?

If we only knew His love for us, there would be no hesitation.

The reason you don't want to is probably the sin that's blinding you and fear. Satan is good at that.

Upvote 0

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The reason you don't want to is probably the sin that's blinding you and fear. Satan is good at that.

Actually, it's not a matter of wanting or not wanting, it is a matter of lack of evidence supporting your beliefs. Added to this are the absurdities of the belief system (as well as the all too human unpleasantness such as 'choose me or hell, but I love you really') which make it thoroughly implausible to anyone who doesn't have a deep emotional need compelling them to ignore these problems.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He already failed to create us in his image, if god is truly 100% benevolent. Last time I checked, humans are a historically violent race.

When man fell... they took on a new father... Then again, there are always the redeemed from that clan.

Volition is a principle that God will not change. Its why some people end up in the Lake of Fire, though God desires that none perish. Volition is something He will not over ride. Its what makes us a real life, and not just a play object for God to play with, like a child plays with toy soldiers.

2 Peter 3:8-9

8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like
a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not
slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he
is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone
to come to repentance.

Upvote 0

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
When man fell... they took on a new father... Then again, there are always the redeemed from that clan.

Volition is a principle that God will not change. Its why some people end up in the Lake of Fire, though God desires that none perish. Volition is something He will not over ride. Its what makes us a real life, and not just a play object for God to play with, like a child plays with toy soldiers.

But of course, being omniscient (and omnipotent let's not forget) god could have just decided not to make those who were bound for hell for all eternity. But apparently he wasn't bothered about them. Nice chap, your god.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think the threat of hell is a good motivation to get started to think about God and who He is.

The Lake of Fire was not created for man. It was created for the Devil and his angels.

Men who go there are sent by default, because they want to be with whom they worship... Not worship religiously, mind you. Its worship in adoring their (Devil and his angels) attitude about life and God. If you want to see a demon in the flesh, look at men who live selfishly and reject God. They can be very nice when they want to be..

Upvote 0

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Lake of Fire was not created for man. It was created for the Devil and his angels.

Men who go there are sent by default, because they want to be with whom they worship... Not worship religiously, mind you. Its worship in adoring their (Devil and his angels) attitude about life and God. If you want to see a demon in the flesh, look at men who live selfishly and reject God. They can be very nice when they want to be..

Oh yes? If you want to see a real live demon you just look at an atheist do you?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But of course, being omniscient (and omnipotent let's not forget) god could have just decided not to make those who were bound for hell for all eternity. But apparently he wasn't bothered about them. Nice chap, your god.

Jesus was God taking on the nature of man. He ceased being omniscient while he remained as a man. God demonstrated through Christ, that if He wanted to? He can enter a state of being that steps outside of functioning in the attributes of Deity. With that ability to deny full access to attributes of God, the Son in his soul was a part of the creation. For it says all things created were created THROUGH him. The Father supplied the power of creating. The Son was set forth to create (design) what the Father would cause to be. enuf said for now on that aspect.

To know how God could create man and still create those whom would end up rejecting Him? Would require something impossible for you at this time. To comprehend the Trinity. And, the state that the Lord entered into while walking the earth in the Incarnation. Jesus was God who became as a man. Not just in outward appearance. He became as a man.

When you understand that much? I will try to explain how God could create man with only the best intentions.. Only the best intentions even for those who would end up rejecting Him. It was not because he intentionally made someone reject Him. But, then again, you first need to be able to grasp the Trinity. That means I will not be able to explain it to you now. Not being evasive. Simply being honest with you.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh yes? If you want to see a real live demon you just look at an atheist do you?

Not what I meant. Many religious people who believe there is a God are in the same boat.

The Pharisees were highly religious, and believed there is a God. They just did not know Him.

Upvote 0

anyathesword

Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
France
✟9,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, it's not a matter of wanting or not wanting, it is a matter of lack of evidence supporting your beliefs. Added to this are the absurdities of the belief system (as well as the all too human unpleasantness such as 'choose me or hell, but I love you really') which make it thoroughly implausible to anyone who doesn't have a deep emotional need compelling them to ignore these problems.

You do not see the evidence because you are blinded.

What makes me any more special to see evidence (creation) and people's testimonies than you are?

Actually I never thought about this, only recently. But another evidence for God that you could feel is by going to a huge Christian conference. I've been to a few and they are powerful!!! When you worship and pray, you will feel something powerful tugging at your heart. When you see how much people commit their lives to follow Jesus and try to get as many souls as possible, it's amazing.

Maybe try to go to one if you want to see evidence besides being outside and listening to people's changed lives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anyathesword

Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
France
✟9,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I gaurantee that if you WANT to, you will start to see evidence. When your heart starts to open up and get softer, your eyes will slowely start to open up...

We all have a need to be loved.

Upvote 0

anyathesword

Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
France
✟9,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In this "conversation", do you hear voices? Can you get an answer that might demonstrate that it is not simply a product of your imagination?

No, not really, God mostly speaks through the Bible these days. However the Holy Spirit does guide you, but I it isn't audible voices.

Upvote 0

anyathesword

Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
France
✟9,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He already failed to create us in his image, if god is truly 100% benevolent. Last time I checked, humans are a historically violent race.

Did you forget about Satan? And man as a natural sinner?

It's not God!!! Satan is the killer, destroyer, putting flaws in people, causing them to sin and kill one another. And it is mans willful actions that cause all our problems!!!

Abortions happen because why? Because someone kills the babies!

Wars happen because why? Because PEOPLE kill each other!

Gunman shoot kids at school why? Because it's the gunman's sinful action!

MAN is always trying to do something against God and to reject Him and follow the ways of the world.

God is not selfish, Satan is.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, it's not a matter of wanting or not wanting, it is a matter of lack of evidence supporting your beliefs.

Why is that? What evidence did I have before I believed? You think we all had evidence before we believed? Your criterion is a dead end street. The only thing we had was a love reserved for God if we were ever to find God.

Its not about being blase. "Oh! There is finally evidence! Now I will believe. "

When you fall in love? You did not need evidence before you did. You found yourself in love. And, some others who have have failed to find love? Who had dissipated themselves in their frantic search to make love happen in their lives? They had become calloused and apathetic towards the thought of love. Some may demand that you prove to them it is love, and that you are just not acting. Should you try?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Did you forget about Satan? And man as a natural sinner?

It's not God!!! Satan is the killer, destroyer, putting flaws in people, causing them to sin and kill one another. And it is mans willful actions that cause all our problems!!!

Not sure if that's what you really intended to say... Satan exploits man's flaws. He does not put them there.

God is not selfish, Satan is.

Satan is not just selfish. He is the god/embodiment of selfishness. He actually was able to consider himself capable of replacing the Lord. Great job he has been doing so far.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why is that? What evidence did I have before I believed? You think we all had evidence before we believed? Your criterion is a dead end street. The only thing we had was a love reserved for God if we were ever to find God.

Without evidence you have no way of knowing you aren't deluding yourself.

Its not about being blase. "Oh! There is finally evidence! Now I will believe. "

Yes it is about evidence.

When you fall in love? You did not need evidence before you did. You found yourself in love. And, some others who have have failed to find love? Who had dissipated themselves in their frantic search to make love happen in their lives? They had become calloused and apathetic towards the thought of love. Some may demand that you prove to them it is love, and that you are just not acting. Should you try?

People usually fall in love with real people. The evidence is right there in front of them. It can be independently verified. If it is love itself you are doubting than we have this thing called the endocrine system and a hormone called oxytocin. Plenty of evidence for that and its effects. So you'll need to try and find a better analogy.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So scientists publicly deny intelligent design exists, yet affirm evolution, which they know to be false because to admit design and deny evolution is to commit academic and career suicide

Its just amazing how they want to be thought as great by taking credit for being able to explain in great detail how intricately we have been designed!

:) I am glad irony never gets rusty.

Upvote 0

anyathesword

Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
France
✟9,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dude, come on and give me a straight answer.

Why does god allow people to become demon possessed, and as a result, sometimes commit horrible atrocities?

PEOPLE decide to be demon possessed!

Our bodies and minds are a house. There are many rooms and closets.
It contains our body, conscious and unconscious soul and our spirit.

Each room something can invade. Why?

Because if we participate in anything that is not from God, Satan has the LEGAL GROUND to enter his demons into these rooms.

Believe it or not it can be as simple as going to a fortune teller. Or reading horoscopes or participating in yoga. Reading Harry Potter.

Having se outside of marriage, with other people, unnaturally, etc.

And se is the biggest that the Bible talks about because we all know it is one of the easiest routes to fall by and Satan knows that.

Anyway, lying, hiding things, etc.

Then comes our thoughts. There is a spirit of depression for example. Thoughts are the way we are affected the most.

The point is evil demons and spirits enter us all the time, that's why it is important to renew our minds daily, to confess daily and to focus on Godly things. It's hard.

The real demons that can possess you can be found in the withcraft and satanism and rock music world. The people invite these demons to enter and they are able to do all sorts of crazy things such as talk to the dead, tell the future, astral project, on and on. It is true.

Look at Ozzy Osbourne for example and his life and concerts. It's creepy!!

Even his wife says he is possessed.

Upvote 0

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I gaurantee that if you WANT to, you will start to see evidence. When your heart starts to open up and get softer, your eyes will slowely start to open up...

We all have a need to be loved.

You said a mouthful: "if you want to". If you want to enough you can believe anything. That's why scientists rely on evidence rather than emotional need as a basis for finding out about reality. Emotional need is totally, utterly unreliable.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.