NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I love the bridge and have been across it a few times, Bristol having been my Mum's home town and having visited relatives there. I had never heard of Catherine Winkworth though. :)

Upvote 0

angela4God

Child of God
Nov 13, 2014
USA
✟19,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We all have our legitimate likes and dislikes and why should I change mine because of other people's?

Of course, hard to deny the sea change in young people's fashion preferences; and the fact also that 59% - 70% or more of parlor clients in North America today are women, according to statistics.

I totally agree with you. Viva La Difference (accent on the first 'e') and Long Live Individuality! :)

And those are very surprising percentages indeed.

Upvote 0

MarleneJ

Aug 16, 2016
British Columbia
✟18,935.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
i am not really new to the main forums, but I rarely post. I did post yesterday in this group, I thought maybe a short intro is in order?

I am retired, and I live in BC, Canada. I love the Lord, and I am trying to use this time of my life to serve God and others. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, which is very severe. I spent the last 2 years feeling like I was on the shelf, but lately, I am finally on medications that are working.

I am currently studying intermediate Greek for fun and credit, and I also play flute, (in a worship team in church!) and I love gardening, and bicycling.

Lots more about me, but I know some people don't care about my grandchildren! LOL

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello flutie tootie!

What kinda flute do ya got?

welcome:hug:

11_flutist.png

Upvote 0

MarleneJ

Aug 16, 2016
British Columbia
✟18,935.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello flutie tootie!

What kinda flute do ya got?

welcome:hug:

11_flutist.png

I have a Sankyo solid sterling silver open hole flute. I've had it for 30 years. My fingers are deformed, and over the years I have been blocking the holes as each finger went wonky, until there is only one hole left open.

Please pray, as last night I somehow got a tendon injury to my right ring finger. I will not be able to play flute until it heals I think.

Thanks for the welcome!

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please pray, as last night I somehow got a tendon injury to my right ring finger. I will not be able to play flute until it heals I think.

Dear Marlene
cf6084dce75449d8d06bf5269a218743.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello Marlene :wave:; welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy it here. I'm from the UK and have been on GE for almost 10 years.

I'm sorry to hear about your rheumatoid arthritis and am joining in prayer for you. :groupray: :)

Upvote 0

MarleneJ

Aug 16, 2016
British Columbia
✟18,935.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry I have not been back sooner. I have been struggling. The physiotherapist said it would be 4 to 6 weeks before my finger healed. It was better in less than a week. I attribute that to the prayers here and elsewhere. I was able to play flute in church last week! Praise the Lord!

I have also been getting terrible flares, despite being on 4 meds for RA. Yesterday, I finally found some relief from the pain. Thanks again for the prayers! I know they have made all the difference!

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Sorry I have not been back sooner. I have been struggling. The physiotherapist said it would be 4 to 6 weeks before my finger healed. It was better in less than a week. I attribute that to the prayers here and elsewhere. I was able to play flute in church last week! Praise the Lord!

I have also been getting terrible flares, despite being on 4 meds for RA. Yesterday, I finally found some relief from the pain. Thanks again for the prayers! I know they have made all the difference!

What a wonderful testimony! :clap: Praise God and thanks for letting us know. We have such a good God. :bow:

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

what song did you play?

are still able to play eighths and sixteenth notes? do you ever do trills or triplets?

can you hit the high c ?

do play with anyone else in duets?

Upvote 0

MarleneJ

Aug 16, 2016
British Columbia
✟18,935.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
what song did you play?

are still able to play eighths and sixteenth notes? do you ever do trills or triplets?

can you hit the high c ?

do play with anyone else in duets?

We played some praise and worship. My hands are doing a lot better, but we are vacationing in the southern US, so not much time to play flute, right!.

I use trills and triplets all the time! Maybe too much?

I can play E in the 4th octave, about high C, in the third octave.

I used to play duets with my flute teachers, and then when I taught flute, with my students. I had a friend who played recorder, so I played recorder duets with her, and sometimes in church. I have 5 different types of recorders, from Kleine Sopranio, down to tenor, when I taught recorder in elementary school.

Thanks for asking!

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We played some praise and worship. My hands are doing a lot better, but we are vacationing in the southern US, so not much time to play flute, right!.

I use trills and triplets all the time! Maybe too much?

I can play E in the 4th octave, about high C, in the third octave.

I used to play duets with my flute teachers, and then when I taught flute, with my students. I had a friend who played recorder, so I played recorder duets with her, and sometimes in church. I have 5 different types of recorders, from Kleine Sopranio, down to tenor, when I taught recorder in elementary school.

Thanks for asking!

lovely, glad you are feeling better.

I used a tape recorder in the 70's to record the second flute part, then play it back while I played first flute with it.

I loved trip-p-lets, ha ha, and trills....

Ah, that was almost 4 decades ago.

whats the little note you can play as an option right before the printed note on the music?

is that a grace note?

Upvote 0