A Morning News Anchor Just Accused Sen. Al Franken Of Kissing And Groping Her Without Her Consent

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I always wait to see a pattern, one accusation isn't enough. I applied the same standard to Kevin Spacey, one accusation usually balloons to others, which often show a pattern of behavior (e.g., Spacey at the Old Vic). However, I do not think the picture is damning. A crass joke? Yes. But groping? No, you can see the shadows underneath his hands because he's not actually touching her.

The attempts to shoehorn Roy Moore into this discussion shows you the political game being played here, unfortunately.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You're just spouting rumors then without a shred of evidence.
Funny, I could say the same about the Washington Post. :eek:
There is one person that disputes the claim, but as I said earlier, we really need to see if this a pattern of behavior: TT on Twitter
For the record, there is a second accuser of Franken. You won't like my source though ... so you'll just have to wait an hour or more for it to make it to the more mainstream outlets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Funny, I could say the same about the Washington Post. :eek:
And here it is folks, the reason for this thread is all about Roy Moore. We have four women, with over 30 corroborating sources, that number has gone up to nine now and we know he was banned from a mall due to his behavior, yet we want to say the story is comparable.

For the record, there is a second accuser of Franken. You won't like my source though ... so you'll just have to wait an hour or more for it to make it to the more mainstream outlets.
There is no record, post your source. Is the problem false stories reported by your source previously?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The Senate will probably take little or no action against Franken, is my guess anyway. However, if a second woman comes forward with an accusation, then things could change.

He admitted the incident, but surprisingly remembers it a bit differently. The picture of him groping a sleeping woman it a bit too much.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Crickets ...

I really expected immediate outcry from the forum's most vocal critics of Roy Moore calling for Franken's immediate resignation.

TBH you only gave them 13 minutes. That being said, if someone is not able to recognize the cognitive dissonance between Moore and Clinton, why would this be different?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
CNN just had at the bottom of the tv screen a statement saying, "Top Dems": Investigation could lead to Franken's expulsion". However, I still think that it will take a second accusation before such might happen, unless the fact that she was sleeping is considered just too much.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
TBH you only gave them 13 minutes. That being said, if someone is not able to recognize the cognitive dissonance between Moore and Clinton, why would this be different?
I’d like to see sources, but it would not be surprising given the manner in which the first incident is described. Multiple independent reports from alleged victims does lend credence, regardless of who is involved.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟656,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
MSNBC just showed a clip where the woman in today's press conference said that she has a phone message from a woman that she has yet to return, where apparently a 2nd woman had a like experience. This could become a tricky situation yet for the Ethics Committee.

Upvote 0