✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
HuffPo has two more accusations. Can't link due to language. *sigh*

The second woman told HuffPost that Franken cupped her butt with his hand at a 2008 Democratic fundraiser in Minneapolis, then suggested the two visit the bathroom together. She spoke on condition of anonymity out of fear that the allegation could affect her position at work.

“My immediate reaction was disgust,” the second woman said. “But my secondary reaction was disappointment. I was excited to be there and to meet him. And so to have that happen really deflated me. It felt like: ‘Is this really the person who is going to be in a position of power to represent our community?’”

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,215,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Her political affiliations make her story less credible?

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that an affiliation, alone, make a story less credible, however, a previous statement discussing a plan to make "Media-Matters-style attacks on Democrats" might cast doubt on one's claims.

For example, if I went on the air and said "I should just vandalize my own house in such a way that people will assume it was my political rivals", and then less than a year later, my house is vandalized and I publicly accuse one of my political rivals for the deed, people wouldn't be out of line for having certain doubts about my accusation, correct?

Now, with all that said, I do see a major distinction here in terms of the claims, and media reaction to them from both sides.

The very fact that outlets like CNN and Huff-Po (left-leaning outlets) have been reporting these accusations against fellow liberals without trying to cast doubt on the claims, as to where Fox and Breitbart covering the stories against fellow conservatives read like defense pieces, whose sole purpose is to defend the accused and cast doubt on the accusers, definitely highlights a difference in how the media from both sides are approaching these scandals.

When you read CNN coverage of both the Franken and Moore scandals, they read very similarly in terms of how they present the information about the cases...however, when you read the Fox News versions of the stories, it's very much a "Yeah, Franken is a slime ball because liberals have no values" / "Here's what you need to know about why you shouldn't believe Moore's accusers..." sort of vibe

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,215,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How can he still be in office and running around free? There are multiple witnesses that tell the same perverted story of this sexual predator.
I assume you feel the same way about Moore as well?
(Just making sure we're being consistent here...)

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Can people please stop sexually assaulting others?

It isn't difficult.

Actually, I would argue that it is impossible for any one of us to not be accused of sexual assault or harrassment.

Sure, there are clear cut cases of assault and harrassment... but what about the gray area? What about a misunderstanding or just bad taste?

The difference between "some" sexual assault or harrassment charges can be razor thin.

I was in the airport one day, walking to my gate when this 6 ft blonde goddess called out "[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Daryl!!!!!" and sprinted to me. She hugged me tight enough to take my breath away squishing her body up against mine in a full frontal hug...

Unfortunately, my name is not Daryl Apparently, I look EXACTLY like her high school best friend who she hasn't seen in years...

I could claim that as sexual assault. She forced her genitals on me and in the process touched my genitals....

Just sayin, truth be told, if i held anyone's life up to a microscope I could find a case or two of sexual harrassment or assault and I'm not joking or being snarky. There is a component to it that is "in the eyes of the beholder..."

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I assume you feel the same way about Moore as well?
(Just making sure we're being consistent here...)
Indeed. Is there a difference in both men's past. Of course.

We have hard evidence of photos and eyewitnesses that the accusations against Franken are accurate.

We have roughly the same on Roy Moore minus the eyewitnesses and hard evidence.

What is missing is the testimony of the men over the past 35 years or so.

Moore has been married that entire time with no divorce or record of infidelity. Frankly he has been squeaky clean regardless of how much people outside of Alabama think of his politics. Therefore, a more careful examination of the accusations are in order.

Al Franken? As early as the late 70s Franken has been a comedian involved with skits strong in sexual content and which glorifies promiscuity. Not to mention which objectify women. When he ran for Senate his past was not an issue for voters even many women. Producing and participating in sexually explicit skits and comedy routines is what he did. That was his past. Therefore should we be surprised at the accusations against him?

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,215,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Al Franken? As early as the late 70s Franken has been a comedian involved with skits strong in sexual content and which glorifies promiscuity. Not to mention which objectify women. When he ran for Senate his past was not an issue for voters even many women. Producing and participating in sexually explicit skits and comedy routines is what he did. That was his past. Therefore should we be surprised at the accusations against him?

Are you suggesting that you really don't understand the difference between entertainment and the real world?

Would you readily accept accusations against Ronald Reagan based on the content of the movies he was in?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggesting that you really don't understand the difference between entertainment and the real world?
Apparently Franken does not.

Would you readily accept accusations against Ronald Reagan based on

Only if chimpanzees came forward.

reagan-bonzo.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums