God is not a misogynist
May 17, 2004
Sydney.
✟17,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have wanted to post in here for so very long. I waited patiently, hoping some of the regulars would open their hearts by opening their threads. Very few opened their threads. I saw topics come and go, wanting to participate, but couldn't. I hoped that a Whosoever may come forum would accommodate those who came, but many of you did not. To the few who consistently tried, you were a blessing.

Eventually, I stopped feeling welcome, despite many years of participation in both member and staff capacity on this forum. Now CF has been opened, there is only one place I do not feel welcome in - and that is here. Because when you were the one place that claimed to open your hearts to us, you still shut the door.

I am disappointed. :sigh:

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
How about I make a list of all the threads that weren't opened. I bet my list is longer.

Most of those aren't discussions on serious topics.
people are human and far from perfect . Hell I'm not the best person to be having this conversation with. With all the exclusiviveness crapI've witnessed here over the last few days I am so totally almost done with this christian farce

Apologies, you shouldnt be coping my angst

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
How about I make a list of all the threads that weren't opened. I bet my list is longer.

You are choosing to be offended when no offense was intended.

I have started a couple of threads, and never remembered in time to put [open] on them, because I did not remember where I was, and that [open] is an option. But to you that seems to equate to my choosing to exclude you. The exclusion was not my choice, and I am happy it has now gone.

I suppose I could now say sorry to you, that you could not post in my threads. Would that make you feel happier, or would you still prefer to feel disgruntled? Or should I instead express my offence at those on this forum who could post in my threads and chose not to? Where does such offended/offending behaviour end?

Sadly, in my experience of people, those who are unhappy often prefer to be that way, and choose it for themselves. Who am I to try to alleviate that unhappiness, therefore?

Take offence at poverty and starvation, and at child slavery, by all means. But threads not being open enough? :swoon:

Reactions: Abiel
Upvote 0

The Julikenz

God is not a misogynist
May 17, 2004
Sydney.
✟17,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I worked hard to make WWMC (and LT) a better place for everyone, to open it for as many people as possible and serve them equally - when I was in a position to do so.
I spoke up when CF didn't have as many options for liberals, non NC christians, and atheists, and tried to bring change.
I did not complain about every single thing I didn't agree with, or that went against my favour on this site.

I'm not having a go at the people (who I did mention in my OP) who tried to do the same. There is no need to get on the offensive and make out like I'm over exaggerating the fact that much of WWMC made a poor effort to include others.

Upvote 0

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
:wave: hey there Julikenz :) I just wanted to say it's a pleasure to have the chance to see more of you. I miss our old chats together!

(I'm not a regular in this section by any means, but...) I hope you can be the agent for change that you wish to see here :) I suppose that's a role every one of CF's members now has on his or her shoulders. Perhaps with the 'new cf' we can all more easily create what we most desire for this community.

shalom to you :)

missju

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have wanted to post in here for so very long. I waited patiently, hoping some of the regulars would open their hearts by opening their threads. Very few opened their threads. I saw topics come and go, wanting to participate, but couldn't. I hoped that a Whosoever may come forum would accommodate those who came, but many of you did not. To the few who consistently tried, you were a blessing.

Eventually, I stopped feeling welcome, despite many years of participation in both member and staff capacity on this forum. Now CF has been opened, there is only one place I do not feel welcome in - and that is here. Because when you were the one place that claimed to open your hearts to us, you still shut the door.

I am disappointed. :sigh:

:hug: I was too, feeling exactly like you!

Upvote 0

Rochir

Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You are choosing to be offended when no offense was intended.

Maybe not choosing to, but one cannot help but be!

It is one thing for some here to have clamoured in Support and on other boards for a more open CF. But if their words are not followed by according actions - their words begin and will remain just hollow shells without substance!

:sigh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I always thought you were liberal Christians -- and we've got pretty much the entire gamut of beliefs represented here!

In fact, I never thought anything else but that you were one of us!

So I guess I'm confused. Why wouldn't you feel welcome?

(I figure if a gay Lutheran who doesn't subscribe to Scriptural infallibility and inerrancy is welcome here, just about ANYBODY is welcome!)

Upvote 0

glo1

Hier stehe ich. Ich kann nicht anders.
Sep 23, 2006
✟10,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am so sorry you feel that way, Julikenz! :(

We tried to remind each other to [open] threads, and some of us were better at remembering than others.

I guess we didn't understand what it might be like to look in from the outside without being able to join in ...:eek:

I am sorry ...

I hope that now you are back, you might consider staying, or popping in once in a while?

Peace

Upvote 0

Gukkor

Senior Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
Visit site
✟18,202.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
'Tis better to enjoy the freedom available now than to sustain hurt feelings from past transgressions, whether they were intentional or not. You have no need to feel unwelcome here, especially not anymore. See, now, the people who, even if they did nothing to offend you, were quick to apologize on the part of those who did. They wish you to stay, to forgive WWMC as a whole and join them in friendship. I do as well. So, then, sit with us by the fire and banish this melancholy chill! What say you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:( I didn't realize my forgetfulness was so hurtful. I don't start many threads in here, but I do sometimes start them in the Women's section... and to be honest, I' always post the thread, realize I forgot the [open] tags, and try to go back and change the title... and have no luck with it.

If I had known how much annoying it was I would have taken the time to email the Mods and let them to change the title to [open].

Sorry. :(

Upvote 0

Rochir

Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I always thought you were liberal Christians -- and we've got pretty much the entire gamut of beliefs represented here!

In fact, I never thought anything else but that you were one of us!

So I guess I'm confused. Why wouldn't you feel welcome?

(I figure if a gay Lutheran who doesn't subscribe to Scriptural infallibility and inerrancy is welcome here, just about ANYBODY is welcome!)

There you are, Über!:wave:

Well, the point Julikenz brings up may be mood now since all fora are open now...

But before that, people needed to actively open thread so non-NC people and non-Christians could post here.

For the amount of big words about "Oh WWMC is SOOOOOOOOO OPEN and SOOOOOOO welcoming, not many people here actually DID open their threads!

That is what was so sad and frustrating!

And yeah, when you have a dolphin spouse (thank you Ginny!:hug: ) what else can you be but a liberal unwashed Christian?

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There you are, Über!:wave:

Well, the point Julikenz brings up may be mood now since all fora are open now...

But before that, people needed to actively open thread so non-NC people and non-Christians could post here.

For the amount of big words about "Oh WWMC is SOOOOOOOOO OPEN and SOOOOOOO welcoming, not many people here actually DID open their threads!

And yeah, when you have a dolphin spouse (thank you Ginny!:hug: ) what else can you be but a liberal unwashed Christian?

I wish someone had PMed me or another WWMC member to mention that we were really, really lax in using the [open] tags. Had I had a CF Doll face to put to the problem I would have made sure to take the time to PM mods when I'd forgotten the [open] tags.

Really, I am sorry that WWMC was not more kind and generous in our use of the [open] tags. :( :( :(

Upvote 0

The Julikenz

God is not a misogynist
May 17, 2004
Sydney.
✟17,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Thanks Seeky, you put it better than I did. :hug:

I needed to say it - but I do not need to hold onto it.

And so, I won't.

Upvote 0